CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think it's funny how 343 wasn't really in charge of anything besides putting the games on one disc, making sure the servers were stable, framerate was stead, etc. It's not like they made H2A. That was another studio. So as usual, 343 completely fucks everything up. Studio is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got off for the night, but I was consistently getting into games, now were they 4v4 games? Nope, mainly 4v3 and 4v2, but I was getting into them.

The way 343 is run and handles their PR is fucking awful.

"More on that later"

Like you know it's bad when you catch each dev spitting out the same key word that they have been trained to say "We won't stop until you get the Halo experience YOU deserve". They post an update an hour ago and are acting like this is some easy fix. The game is broken.

Why don't you just be transparent and let us know what's going on besides "Some players are having issues"

And just the general non chalante attitude of everything. Internally they are probably panicked as hell but on the outside for all I know they are drinking some mikes hard lemonade in south beach.

It's so dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anybody else noticed bad spawns in Team Hardcore? They can just be completely random I had a guy on my team spawn right outside OS on beaver creek red side at the start. Spawns in midship and lockout are really awful too.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does this count as a bug @@Bravo ?

http://1drv.ms/1sGetw3

This is not something that happens on OG Halo even on XBC if I was playing Devilman on his XBC host.

I know some people will jump to say that this is Halo PC and I wasn't leading correctly for the Halo PC lag which is different. Well guess what? 343i didn't tell me I was getting Halo PC. They told me I was getting Halo 1 MP as I remember it. Nothing about the shot leading in that clip is as I remember it. The maps aren't as I remember them. Almost nothing about the game is as I remember it. It's a cheap ass port of Halo PC. Which was itself a cheap ass port of Halo 1. 

I get that Halo 1 players mean nothing. We are on the margins and the other Halo's take priority. But it would be really nice if a few guys at 343 teamed up with a few programmers at 343 to do their best job at actually giving us a Halo 1 remake that serves it justice. There is no justification for giving Halo 1 players Halo PC while the other Halo games MP are hitting all the right spots for a remake. Therefore if you guys aren't planning on giving us a REAL Halo 1 multiplayer, I have no justification for owning this stupid console. 

I know that you Bravo as well as Ghost and neighbor play Halo 1. Perhaps I am naive to hope that you or someone else would tell us that you are working on giving us an actual Halo 1 MP in MCC. Not just improving the netcode of this Halo PC port you gave us. The sooner you guys can let me know the better. Everyday i wait for a response the trade in value of my xbox one and games drops just a bit. 

I 100% agree. The fans of Halo:CE deserve the game we were told we were buying. I just dont understand how no care and respect is given to the game that started the whole franchise. I do not even care if it is online, I just want the ability to lan on an xbox one with an lcd so we can trash this decade old equipment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anybody else noticed bad spawns in Team Hardcore? They can just be completely random I had a guy on my team spawn right outside OS on beaver creek red side at the start. Spawns in midship and lockout are really awful too.

Thats a normal spawn happens sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 3

The way 343 is run and handles their PR is fucking awful.

"More on that later"

Like you know it's bad when you catch each dev spitting out the same key word that they have been trained to say "We won't stop until you get the Halo experience YOU deserve". They post an update an hour ago and are acting like this is some easy fix. The game is broken.

Why don't you just be transparent and let us know what's going on besides "Some players are having issues"

Isn't it funny how the most popular games out there from Blizz Riot and Valve are so well received within their communities because of how transparent they are in everything in their games?

Meanwhile were still getting told just be patient. Never understood the backwards logic of developers and not wanting to communicate their problems with the community effectively. 

Everywhere you look there's issues for 343 and it's concerning.

The Coors light frosty steam train took a serious nose dive this week.

On the + side, the unplayability of MCC resulted in me finally beating Destiny's Vault of Glass. Broke 20k gamerscore!

I was looking at who developed it, and if Certain Affinity or another company would be responsible instead of 343i for these issues, but 343i did the online and networking, and CA did the multiplayer aspect of H2A, and worked on other parts of it.

So you can't even really blame another studio, which is rather unfortunate, because if it was another studio, and not 343i, then this would be an entirely different scenario, even if they were still getting all of the directed hate.

I find myself not even enjoying the game as much (when I do rarely get into one) because of how frustrating this whole thing has been.  Could understand a day 1 issue but going on 11/13 and all we get is "We understand some players are having slow matchmaking" is pretty ridiculous tbh.  

I wonder who does 343i's PR. At some point, they knew this game wasn't ready for launch. So the PR guys must have known too. 

So when the big wigs go the the PR guys to get advice on how to handle this situation, instead of said PR folks saying, " You need to delay the release until you are confident you are delivering a quality product" somehow what happens is, " Go ahead and release the game in whatever state you have it, we can deal with the PR afterwards."

I mean, you don't need any experience or training in PR to figure out which scenario is better for your company in the long run. 

And if the people making the game truly cared about the customers, it would not be a tough decision to figure out what is best for them as well. Somehow everyone failed here. It's fairly sad honestly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder who does 343i's PR. At some point, they knew this game wasn't ready for launch. So the PR guys must have known too. 

So when the big wigs go the the PR guys to get advice on how to handle this situation, instead of said PR folks saying, " You need to delay the release until you are confident you are delivering a quality product" somehow what happens is, " Go ahead and release the game in whatever state you have it, we can deal with the PR afterwards."

I mean, you don't need any experience or training in PR to figure out which scenario is better for your company in the long run. 

And if the people making the game truly cared about the customers, it would not be a tough decision to figure out what is best for them as well. Somehow everyone failed here. It's fairly sad honestly. 

but dude this game was for the community, right?? it was to make the community happy. Woulda thought a game for the community they would make sure the launch was smooth as possible

but dude this game was for the community, right?? it was to make the community happy 

I know this is sarcasm but I would say to that; Does the community seem happy right now?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still can't get over the fact that they were so god damn lazy they couldn't change the "1th" to "1st".

Everything about this game has been a colossal failure. We're 50 hours in and we're still experiencing gamebreaking problems across the board.

• Upvote (+1) 1