CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

From 343i

"11.12.14 7:04 PM (PST) UpdateWe have identified that our 11.12 morning server-side update has improved matchmaking times for many users, while others are still seeing longer than expected times. 

This evening we plan to deploy additional server updates that will improve searching times and increase the likelihood of players finding games. The update will allow more players to enter matches, which may result in larger team sizes (5v5 instead of 4v4, for example). Occasionally, this may result in uneven teams, and we continue to work on this issue. 

Currently, there is an existing Xbox Live Services issue that is impacting several Xbox games, including Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As soon as Xbox Live services return to normal, we will deploy our latest server-side update to further improve matchmaking. For up-to-the-minute updates on Xbox Live Service Status, please check the support page here:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status 

We have also confirmed that stats and achievements are not registering, and are working with the Xbox Live team to ensure that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible.As we stated previously, the 343 team continues to work around the clock to provide ongoing improvements to the experience for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Thank you for the ongoing patience and support."

funny 343 is shitting the bed, but xbox live itself is broken at the moment.. seeing a lot of people complain they cant even sign into an xbox 360. check other complaints people are saying here. 

https://downdetector.com/status/xbox-live/map/

Either MCC had to big of an unexpected launch or something went seriously wrong with Microsofts servers at the exact time the game dropped.

Either way as people are saying the game is clearly unfinished...rushed or not this comes down to morals.

How can they tweet so many good things the weeks coming up to the release?

How can they have a launch party and hype everyone up when they know the game is buggy?

They interview people about how excited they are for the game and literally know that it is messed up. There is NO WAY that they didn't know some of these bugs existed when they decided to ship this game. I hope whoever is behind this has trouble sleeping at night considering the amount of people who literally lost paychecks because of this. The hype around this game was like nothing we have seen in the Halo community in more than 5 years...hell you could even say 10 years.

Disgusting.

I can't connect to a single game now and I'm hoping that means they are working on a massive patch to turn this thing around. This could screw them in Halo 5 sales.

Well played 343 and well played Microsoft.

"You deserve better"

I think its becoming clear someone at 343 and or Microsoft was dead set the game would release today, and the entire rest of the team knew it wasn't ready.

"You deserve better"

I think its becoming clear someone at 343 and or Microsoft was dead set the game would release today, and the entire rest of the team knew it wasn't ready.

Microsoft has forced deadlines before, wouldn't be so mad at 343 considering they keep saying its a Microsoft issue.

tried too beat the par time on keyes in CE for the sick gold sniper nameplate.. failed big time. I shall try again another time

I got it...barely. 14 min and change

If you buy it now digitally, the game plus the 15GB patch will download in one go, at least that is how it worked for me last Friday when I preloaded (which was after the 15GB was released).

Do they download together or could I cancel the game download? I only have enough bandwidth left this month for the patch and saving $70 by not having to go out and buy the game would be cool.

I still don't have my xbone btw.

Same thing has been re-posted as an "update" for the last 2 hours:

"Having difficulties with matchmaking? We’re working to get this cleared up as soon as possible! Thanks for staying patient, Xbox members. We appreciate it! Check back in a half hour for an update on this issue."

I don't normally say this but I hope there are some sackings after this mess

- Pistoling off-host is horrible with shots not even registering. No way to see your off host ping.

no issues here

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man the campaigns on these games are great, the matchmaking stuff up has really made me sit down and enjoy them... no wonder ranks were delayed haha.  I'm honestly not going to bother with Halo 5, multiplayer looks rubbish.  Halo to me is Halo 1-3, and as far as I'm concerned the story ends with 3.  MCC is amazing, and it's going to be insane once they get matchmaking fixed up! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least they didn't go on Holiday

That's the crux of the problem though.

They rushed the game with literally no QA support to get it out before the holidays.

I would of rather waited an extra month to have a playable game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do they download together or could I cancel the game download? I only have enough bandwidth left this month for the patch and saving $70 by not having to go out and buy the game would be cool.

I still don't have my xbone btw.

As far as I know, it downloads together, so you may want to wait until your next bandwidth cap refreshes. Buying physically, will only cause you to download the 15GB since, you would install the 45GB from the disc. 

I just imagine a bunch of dudes wearing Halo shirts gathered around a skynet server bashing their heads in as nothing is working.

A couple weeks ago I thought I would be grinding in the CE playlist trying get my rank up right now.  Game after game no bathroom breaks.  psh.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the xbox live status report page shows everything is back to normal....

Where is that update 343?

I swear these updates are bullshit and there not even doing anything. 

How many times are they going to say the updates are making shit better and everyones sittin here like 

d6f.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2