CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Latest update (which has yet to take effect):

We have identified that our 11.12 morning server-side update has improved matchmaking times for many users, while others are still seeing longer than expected times.

This evening we plan to deploy additional server updates that will improve searching times and increase the likelihood of players finding games. The update will allow more players to enter matches, which may result in larger team sizes (5v5 instead of 4v4, for example). Occasionally, this may result in uneven teams, and we continue to work on this issue.

Currently, there is an existing Xbox Live Services issue that is impacting several Xbox games, including Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As soon as Xbox Live services return to normal, we will deploy our latest server-side update to further improve matchmaking. For up-to-the-minute updates on Xbox Live Service Status, please check the support page here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

We have also confirmed that stats and achievements are not registering, and are working with the Xbox Live team to ensure that these issues are resolved as quickly as possible.

As we stated previously, the 343 team continues to work around the clock to provide ongoing improvements to the experience for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Thank you for the ongoing patience and support.

I took 3 days straight off work.  I know I'm not the only one in this boat but it still makes it all even worse #ragrets

Classic Douchebag Dylan.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Latest update (which has yet to take effect):

343 makes us wait all day for them to just say that? I'm getting more pissed every "update" they give us.

Basically they have no idea what to do because its so fucked up so they just keep posting the same update message over and over without ever even saying wtf is going on.

this is such a joke rofl.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I took 3 days straight off work. I know I'm not the only one in this boat but it still makes it all even worse #ragrets

I am in said boat. Have been grinding Destiny in the mean time lol.

Our team has several people flying in for a LAN this weekend.

Has anyone tried System Link yet? I know it has to talk to XBL so wondering if that's poked too...

Sounds like Microsoft needs to crank up the subscription fee to Xbox Live, since $60 a year is just not doing it anymore.

/sarcasm

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am in said boat. Have been grinding Destiny in the mean time lol.

Our team has several people flying in for a LAN this weekend.

Has anyone tried System Link yet? I know it has to talk to XBL so wondering if that's poked too...

System Link option does not exist in MCC. You basically play over Live but under the same router/switch, creating a 0 ping/LAN experience :)

Question here.

Does the MCC have to be fully downloaded before you can download the patch? I have enough money on my account to get the game for free digitally but I have a bandwidth limit. Hoping I can buy the game, download the patch in late November and download the game in December to save some of my bandwidth. Unless I pay for a copy I'll have to wait until December.

Question here.

Does the MCC have to be fully downloaded before you can download the patch? I have enough money on my account to get the game for free digitally but I have a bandwidth limit. Hoping I can buy the game, download the patch in late November and download the game in December to save some of my bandwidth. Unless I pay for a copy I'll have to wait until December.

If you buy it now digitally, the game plus the 15GB patch will download in one go, at least that is how it worked for me last Friday when I preloaded (which was after the 15GB was released).

Oh there's no matchmaking how about I get some customs going.....game freezes

I restart the game and get into a custom lobby, invite my friend and he can't join

he finally joins and we play a 1v1 on damnation.  The connection is garbage

after the match I can't exit the lobby and then the game freezes and I have to restart it

I understand that games can have difficult launches, but I just paid 60 dollars (a shitton of money considering how broke I am) and the game is unplayable.  Before launch 343 said everything was ready to go.....what happened?  I know this will be fixed in due time, but it is extremely aggravating that I can't play a game I paid money for, and a game that was supposedly "finished" and ready to ship.  I don't understand how this could have happened......but, eventually, I will be able to play some Halo and that's all that really matters. Until then I can solve the mystery that is the Xbox One's UI 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Either MCC had to big of an unexpected launch or something went seriously wrong with Microsofts servers at the exact time the game dropped.

Either way as people are saying the game is clearly unfinished...rushed or not this comes down to morals.

How can they tweet so many good things the weeks coming up to the release?

How can they have a launch party and hype everyone up when they know the game is buggy?

They interview people about how excited they are for the game and literally know that it is messed up. There is NO WAY that they didn't know some of these bugs existed when they decided to ship this game. I hope whoever is behind this has trouble sleeping at night considering the amount of people who literally lost paychecks because of this. The hype around this game was like nothing we have seen in the Halo community in more than 5 years...hell you could even say 10 years.

Disgusting.

I can't connect to a single game now and I'm hoping that means they are working on a massive patch to turn this thing around. This could screw them in Halo 5 sales.

Well played 343 and well played Microsoft.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Halo CE on MCC is no better than playing Halo PC with a controller.....let's be honest.

- weapons can be picked up while empty instead of them just disappearing

- Noises when damage is dealt causing you to know if someone is around the corner after tossing a nade.

- Nade explosions sound like an atom bomb went off. Bring back OG Xbox sounds.

- Pistoling off-host is horrible with shots not even registering. No way to see your off host ping.

-I picked up OS once on Battle Creek and fell through the map. Same thing happened on HH.

- Camo is broken, too easy to see.

- Starting with 2 nades on 2v2 CE instead of 4

- Changing team color is a 3 step process....

- Can't see players on my friends within the CE roster list when trying to invite them.

-In custom games, they don't split party chat between the teams, you have to make your own party, then re-invite.

- After custom game ends, most of the time someone is kicked from the lobby and it takes forever to get them back in the game.

-Weapons spawn 90 degrees off.

-Timer is off

-Portal in chill out doesn't spawn in right spot on the bridge, it spawns you in the hall instead of main room.

- I can't hear nades when they land near me, sound is very faint. At least in OG Xbox, you could jump if you heard a nade behind you.

- Can tell when shields are broken when shooting someone.

- Can't save custom game types, have go select every option again.

- At times in custom games I would move very fast, other times movement was very slow.

-2v2 playlist isn't up and even if it was, it would take forever to find a game.

In 4v4 the spawns are broken. My team had top blue, and we would kill a few guys and they would spawn top blue when the other 2 guys were no where near top blue.

- Rocket splash damage has taken a hit. Several times I've hit near the feet of the opponent while hosting and they did not die.

- Can't get out of the maps like go on top of the map due to an invisible barrier.

All in all, this has to be the worst port job I've ever seen. It would be one thing if there never was a halo PC and they were going right from OG Xbox to this, but 343 didn't even port the PC version correctly! Honestly, who the hell beta tested this with all of its flaws?