CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It would be better if November wasn't always the target date for games. That way we would have more solid finished games at launch. But I know that will never happen with the big games; it's all about the $$$.

Yep. There are TONS of employees of game companies/publishers who don't give a SHIT about video games. They're there to fill out metrics, give PowerPoint presentations, create sales projections, etc. If someone up there decided Microsoft NEEDED these 4th quarter numbers to include MCC at all costs, then you're seeing the results of that now. It could also be pressure to sell Xbones, This game was called "project ace" or something like that... it was supposed to be the ace up the sleeve to guarantee console sales.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can imagine at 343i at 5:01....dave you've written up that update and released it right?

Erm nope....

FUCK, DAVE POST AN UPDATE LETTING EVERYONE KNOW WE'RE GOING TO POST THE UPDATE.

*Scrambles to write an update*

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a shame that this happened.  H2A is fun when you can play but that's rare.  Population will be next to 0 once it works.  Looks like I'll be picking up GTA V since I was on the fence about it.  Might have to dl Unity as well to hold me over.

Foreal though, someone didn't get the memo that launch date was 11/11

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a shame that this happened.  H2A is fun when you can play but that's rare.  Population will be next to 0 once it works.  Looks like I'll be picking up GTA V since I was on the fence about it.  Might have to dl Unity as well to hold me over.

In that case I hope THAT launch goes better than before. Rockstar/Take-Two were lucky I wanted to beat the story mode first. :/

Yaeah I play Southpaw too and ran into this.  Even if you're out of grenades RT won't shoot, your spartan does nothing.

Ok good so it's not just me.. well maybe that's not good. But at least I know I'm not crazy. LOL!

I travelled to London to have a nostalgia trip with my brother. Halo 2 Anniversary done on Legendary in just over 3 hours, watching all cinematics. Beautiful.

Then we try to go into Multiplayer and I just fucking laugh at how buggy it is. 20 minutes without finding a game. We then have a CE custom and at the end of the game, you can't back into your regular lobby, you have to quit the game.

I have 1 more day with this game before going back to University and I'm sure it won't be fixed by tomorrow.

What a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im sure it got worse :/ I was getting lots of games before, I can't get fuck all now. been trying 45mins

Might be the time of day too.

It's just such a bizzare thing that someone actually OK'd this going through and being sold to the population.

I mean, it's not like you've seen a major decline with Halo in general over the last few years due to constant neglect of the fanbase and their opinion. 

Then, when you finally have that one saving grace that can lure back people into the Halo franchise this is how it was handled? Are you fucking kidding me?

Don't get me wrong, I really want these issues to be fixed so I can play the game I know and love along with the kick-ass H2A with improved graphics. But part of me wants to see these issues not be fixed so we can weed out the greedy and incompitent fucks who only care about the bottom line. Because I can assure you this game was not ready, and they pretended like it was.

Yep. There are TONS of employees of game companies/publishers who don't give a SHIT about video games. They're there to fill out metrics, give PowerPoint presentations, create sales projections, etc. If someone up there decided Microsoft NEEDED these 4th quarter numbers to include MCC at all costs, then you're seeing the results of that now. It could also be pressure to sell Xbones, This game was called "project ace" or something like that... it was supposed to be the ace up the sleeve to guarantee console sales.

You would think Microsoft would have people monitoring the project to ensure it isn't released in this state whether it's a forced release date or not.  Wouldn't you want your 'ace' to actually be an ace?  Delaying this game even at the last second would have hurt Microsoft themselves less than this release has.  It's as if nobody was paying attention whatsoever.

matchmaking was amazing earlier today right when the patch went out for me had no problems for like 5 hours now its being dumb

There's one thing people should realize. The publisher Microsoft, may have set deadlines that were non negotiable. This is not uncommon in software development. The devs can say time and time again that the product isn't ready but if the publisher decides it's time to release then that's it.

The clearly unfinished state of this game leads me to believe something like this happened. Nobody in 343 thought this game was done, I can almost guarantee that.

^^ This is why I said don't hate on the devs, none of us really know the circumstances.

You would think Microsoft would have people monitoring the project to ensure it isn't released in this state whether it's a forced release date or not.  Wouldn't you want your 'ace' to actually be an ace?  Delaying this game even at the last second would have hurt Microsoft themselves less than this release has.  It's as if nobody was paying attention whatsoever.

But they have our money, they win, their ace already worked. I never would have bought the Xbox 1 if it wasn't for MCC. In 343's latest update they said "Some" people were having problems with matchmaking. Some people? That is hilarious!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, can't find any games now! Matchmaking has actually gotten worse.

Yep, since the supposed update, the game has gotten worse for me. I have found less games today than I found yesterday and I still can't join custom games. Accepting invites does nothing and manually joining someone's game locks everything up, forcing me to hard reset.

Haven't had any issues with campaign and forge yet, though.

Not only does this game seem to have a plethora of bugs, but COD: AW and Destiny seem to be having issues on the xbox one as well. I've been having problems on Fifa 15 on top of that. Microsoft are the real problem, I have no idea how you can go from xbox live on the 360 to this piece of shit on the xbox one. No doubt Microsoft wouldn't delay it after seeing those pre-order numbers.

Looking back at the tournaments before launch and how they needed to reset xbox one's after every match as well as cancel some games mid match because of problems probably highlights how they were never anywhere close to ready for the launch. I can't even find a match anymore and I was finding games regularly earlier today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For those curious if tonight's update went out yet, the 5PM PST one, it has not due to limited services with Live. Check here for posted updates:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

The problem with that is Bravo stated the update would be a "general status update" that doesn't require live to work at all.

These forums havent changed at all since MLG forums. People get negged for no reason at all and then someone with green bars say the exact same thing and get up voted.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The problem with that is Bravo stated the update would be a "general status update" that doesn't require live to work at all.

Yes, but according to their forum post, they cannot until Live fixes their social and gaming networking issues, which is affecting matchmaking. 

Yes, but according to their forum post, they cannot until Live fixes their social and gaming networking issues, which is affecting matchmaking. 

If they can post the reason they havent posted the status update they can post the status update. A status update is just text.

By playing smarter.

I lived in asia for 18 years,with H3, connected to US host...I agree with this. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's one thing people should realize. The publisher Microsoft, may have set deadlines that were non negotiable. This is not uncommon in software development. The devs can say time and time again that the product isn't ready but if the publisher decides it's time to release then that's it.

The clearly unfinished state of this game leads me to believe something like this happened. Nobody in 343 thought this game was done, I can almost guarantee that.

No, trust me, I get it. It's called a deadline and everyone in literally every career runs into these. Having a deadline is not an excuse to release a flawed product. Good companies know how to prioritize and efficiently accomplish what they said they would do all while dealing with a deadline. It's not like MSFT told 343 in October that their deadline is in November; they've known for at least a year and blaming Microsoft for 343 starting us with SMGs in Halo 2 is misguided.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those curious if tonight's update went out yet, the 5PM PST one, it has not due to limited services with Live. Check here for posted updates:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

How could Microsoft possibly have planned for an online-only console when they showed of the xbox one? I've had my xbox one around 2 months and I've had more issues regarding xbox live in the two months with xbox one than I've had in the last couple of years with xbox live on the 360. Seriously.