CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've noticed you can boot people out of MM games? and you can also end the match mid game... @@Bravo hope you guys are aware of this

That's the new quit penalty... it guilt trips you by ruining everybody's fun instantly.

Seriously though, every time I've gone to quit a shitty match and it's ended the game for everyone, it did make me feel like a bit of a cock.

So the glitches are even worse now? Is that what I am getting from reading a few pages?

Lolwut

The glitches aren't worse per se, it's just that more people are finally finding games and are reporting the horrors of matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So has anyone been able to find games with groups of 4? I've been finding games consistently by myself today, but have still not been able to get a game when searching in a group.

At school so i'm afraid to play too much with the system (don't want to get matched up without being on my Xbox) but it looks like I don't have a way to specify:

• which Halo game(s) I want to play
  • what gametype(s) I want
  • what game size(s) I want

Having some check boxes and a min/max game size counter would be great.

Either way, definitely bookmarking this.  I think everyone should try using this to buff the population and help it catch on.

You can specify the sort of games you want to play - they're sort of sorted into genres at the moment - pretty broadly: General, MLG, and Infection. The game size can be specified, that's what the sliders are for. As for the games you want to play - we're not allowing players to pick that purely because it spreads the player base out too much. If this app gets more popular we'll definitely revisit that idea. Thanks for your interest!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone running 2s in H1? just logged on for the first time and looking to see how this plays. Preferably east coast, since the servers are potatoes.

So earlier I was searching Team Hardcore and the game gave me a 6v5 match on Lockout... There are only 10 slots for players (which should actually be 8).

HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN.

I'm literally hearing of a new bug every hour since launch. This is pathetic that it's this bad and it still doesn't work. Casuals are leaving MCC for good in huge numbers. RIP

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not for sure, but managed to get a game searching with 3 and we definitely were not paired up with another team of 3. Kind of disappointing. This was in ranked by the way

This is like buying a nice suit but it arrives with the sleeves cut off, so the tailor says they'll send over the sleeves ASAP. But when it arrives it's from another suit of a different color. 

Which leaves you extremely confused. Yeah it's a patch but it hasn't really solved anything, particularly why the suit arrived like it did in the first place.

This is like buying a new suit but when you put it on you realize there is no suit. You're just naked.

Anyone claiming that the hit detection in Halo 3 isn't dramatically improved seriously needs to see this.

Halo 3 plays AMAZING now....no joke the shots hit everytime

It's like ordering sandwich at a deli.

You order a nice Italian sub.

You pay a lot of money for the sandwich, but it's okay, because it's the same kind that your mom used to make. And it's 1080p.

You open up the wrap to see it's just some slices of tomato and some lettuce.

Whatthefuck.jpg

I ask for the manager and he comes out and asks what's wrong. "Where is the bread? The cold cuts? It's the entire reason I bought this sandwich".

"We have no idea how there is no meat. We will work around the clock to figure out how that slipped by us when the sandwich was in beta".

"What about the bread? It seems easy to fix, do you have any back there?"

"We are investigating."

At this point you start to get upset. Hours go by. You took off work just to get this sandwich. You keep taking bites of tomato thinking you are going to get a functional sandwich, but all you taste is disappointment. Besides, the tomato and lettuce balance is way out of whack.

You see the sign on the wall that says "Voted -1th best Deli in Maryland." You start to realize that you are expecting quality where you shouldn't. You start hoping that the sandwich you eventually get isn't complete and total shit. Just make it so the bread isn't stale and the meat isn't expired. Forget being the way I remember it. And you keep waiting and waiting.

"We are getting a delivery this afternoon, should improve your chances of getting some cold cuts".

But deliveries come and go, and nothing changes. You're still staring at some lettuce and a tomato. And people start telling at you to be grateful for what what you got. And that you should probably put some more salt on your lettuce.

I keep sitting in the deli, hoping for a better sandwich, but the damage is done even if it's good.

But hey, at least the radio station they have on is good.

People tell you "Well shit become a vegitarian then! PROBLEM SOLVED!"

Not sure if custom games are hit or miss showing up in temporary films or if they're completely left out but I just played a couple 1v1s on lockout start to finish and none of them were in my temporary files.

We can wait. This is our baby. But I'm really worried about how this abysmal launch is affecting newcomers. Competitive Halo can't survive if the population isn't there.