CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Anytime a game has had a launch this bad, it has taken a very long time to get all of the issues resolved. Makes me pretty worried it may take a few months rather then a few weeks.

Me and my friend are finding games just fine now, after not being able to find any. What we did was push the guide button, quit out of the game and then restart the xbox. Works fine now...still getting 5v4's and 4v3's though

How is it a huge bummer, aside from a few voice issues, I've played 8s on CE and H2 for about 60-70 games. Yeah sure, all these issues aren't great, but its not like you can't play at all. I've been able to game with people I haven't seen since the 2005 season.

I'd love to agree with you but you're wrong. I played a ton of CE customs and it was one issue after another.

-Every time you change a map you have to fix the settings

-Randomly couldn't hear people in the party (super fun when the game decides its not going to let you hear your teammates, even super-er when its a 2v2)

-Team change menu just shows a scroll bar and you cant change teams

-Chat drops out when that dreaded blue loading screen comes up

-When you come out of a game it has magically re-assigned the teams

-People getting dropped from the lobby after a game ends

-Surprise plasma starts

-empty weapons left on the map able to be picked up

And that's just off the top of my head.

I honestly wanna know how this game was shipped in the state it is in. Surely all of these major issues couldn't have been overlooked?? I would understand if it was just the servers getting over loaded but thus is much worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

aside from a few voice issues

Yer right it's no big deal. I mean, you can't play on dedis but whateves.

How's the pistol spread and netcode on CE? I've heard h3's Xbox 360 netcode is superior...

I honestly wanna know how this game was shipped in the state it is in. Surely all of these major issues couldn't have been overlooked?? I would understand if it was just the servers getting over loaded but thus is much worse.

Very good question, Chick from ttv.

Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of posts from me over the past few. Between launch and travel home, been a bit busy. First off, sincere apologies for the massive inconveniences and issues you're experiencing.The updates we just released seem to be improving match times and frequency for some users, but we're aware that not all are seeing this, and investigating.

As a note, data is showing that matches are most commonly found within the first two minutes of searching. If you get anywhere near five minutes, it is best to restart the search as this will actually improve likelihood of finding a match - these are due to issues known with parameters, an item we are also looking into a fix for.

As we've mentioned, we're working nonstop to deliver more updates and fixes. You deserve better, and please know that we're committed to delivering the right fixes as soon as possible. Next update will be coming this afternoon.

I have full confidence in your ability to eventually bring the servers online, keep doing what you all do.

I am more concerned, however, about the features and bugs that are present/not present. The party leader can't back a party out of a playlist search, and you have to reform your group (which is obviously very difficult at the moment), you can't promote people to leader, you can't set a Player Cap for your party, and there are plenty of game crashes. I'm curious just because these were present in previous Halo's, such as H4. Is a U.I. change easy to reintroduce these things or will it be difficult to fix them?

• Upvote (+1) 3

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

some people cleared there schedules for as much as a week to enjoy this game. I sympathize for anyone feeling a bit salty.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The veto system definitely needs to come back. Almost every game I play on H2C is a team slayer variant. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm finding matches now, but the teams are still uneven. And the search ending the very second 6/8 players are found is getting annoying. I don't mind waiting longer for a full match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still prefer 343i over Bungie since Destiny has barely any content in it. These problems in MCC are at least fixable and once they are fixed the game will be amazing. Whereas it seems Bungie's fix to Destiny is dlc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is it a huge bummer, aside from a few voice issues, I've played 8s on CE and H2 for about 60-70 games. Yeah sure, all these issues aren't great, but its not like you can't play at all. I've been able to game with people I haven't seen since the 2005 season.

4v4 Boarding Action Snipes ftw

Starting to find more matches. Still having issues with uneven teams and party splits, but I have gotten a few decent 4v4s without issue. Game crashes at the end of game loading screen are frequent. 

All in all, it's getting better, but it's far from where it needs to be. This game will be excellent when it works. I'm just afraid of how long that will take.

So I am 4/10 missions done with LASO on Halo CE. JESUS CHRIST !! That shit is so frustrating. I recommend you coop it otherwise it's a lot harder.

Glad I only took off one day for this.  Just hoping it can get sorted out by the weekend to where we can actually play matches fairly quickly, even if all the other bugs are still present.  I just want to me able to shoot my damn gun. 

Does any one else feel screwed over that not only the game was completely broken on launch. But then the few days after a bundle is announced for more than $100 less than the combined cost of the day one purchase?