CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

To be fair, most of the things did work before launch except some small things plus getting a game in matchmaking. Someone or something fucked up the entire launch. My guess: First day patch.

How did they work and how would you know they worked? I watched the beyond stream BEFOREHAND launch and all of those issues were happening so what are you talking about???

I understand that bashing devs isn't really approved here but any and all bashing is more than well deserved.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm curious to know what kind of testing, if any, went into this. There's no way people tested this and thought it would be something that should be released

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep, the patch has done nothing for me. Still not finding matches within half of an hour. What a joke! Incompetence of the highest order.

Doesn't the company with probably the most network engineers and programmers in the world own 343i??? Bahahahahhaahahhahahahahaha Please fire these people.

• Downvote (-1) 2

So. Still taking pretty long to find a match.

Also bag of dicks to the person who voted SWAT Halo 4 in Abandon over SWAT Halo 2 on Ivory Tower.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to echo his frustration. If I could even join my friends I wouldn't be half as upset. But I can't even do that.

Many of us have jobs and took time off to play this game. On top of that We dropped $500 on an Xbox and MCC, because otherwise me and others wouldn't have bought an Xbox one.

If this was the first attempt at making Halo online I would easily give them a pass, but its been done many times before MCC and better. I am sure as time goes on things will improve. It should never be this bad at launch. Doesn't make sense.

I took time off as well, but there is no use getting upset over something we cannot fix...

Yes its very frustrating that this is happening but like I said, I just cannot justify getting upset over it because that is not going to change anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I took time off as well, but there is no use getting upset over something we cannot fix...

Yes its very frustrating that this is happening but like I said, I just cannot justify getting upset over it because that is not going to change anything.

we can help fix it

by voicing our concerns and complaints

even if eccentrically, it still lets them know.

also, you're the kind of person that never vents about anything?

very interesting.  i think you're the only one like that i've met in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confident the pistol spread is larger. Huge MUST FIX

Can you get some photo comparisons vs Halo Xbox and PC?  Once we have photo evidence I'll update the OP and the reddit thread.

If you can't do it, I'll do it tonight.

Does anyone know how bumping works on reddit?  How many upvotes and comments will it take for a thread to hit the front page again?

everyone has a right to be pissed off... this is just unacceptable.

Like others have said I have paid 400$ for an XB1 just for this, also decided to buy an elgato capture card and took 3 days off work....

343 literally sold us a broken game that along with severe matchmaking issues looks like they never even checked anything for bugs prior to release. Its like they just slapped it all together and sent it out that door 5 mins before its release. If it was only matchmaking issues I'd be somewhat ok with it but there so many problems its honestly getting ridiculous.

Not to mention there acting like its not that big of a deal. I'm sure in reality there shitting themselves but they could atleast be a little more vocal about the issues and how they intend to fix them.

343 has lost the little respect i had left for them. They deserve to get blasted for this shit pile that they call H2 anniversary. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I understand that bashing devs isn't really approved here but any and all bashing is more than well deserved.

As long as it's constructive we really have no issues, it's when people take it to another level. Times like these the staff does ease up some knowing how everyone is mad, we get it for sure. Just try and follow the rules :)

CRITICISM is the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a piece or body of work.

CRITICISM is allowed on our forums.

Examples of CRITICISM:

• Ordnance drops aren't good for Halo because they reduce the skill-set to acquire weapons.
  • Legendary Slayer is a poor representation of "classic" Halo.
  • Pitfall is a poor remake because it lacks key elements that The Pit had, including vibrant colors and the beloved Yellow Pads you could jump up onto.

BASHING is the unnecessary venting of pure frustration, often aimed to demean or ridicule and commonly done passive-aggressively (which is also against the rules) on forums.

BASHING is NOT allowed on our forums.

Examples of BASHING:

• "I need to know if this guy has ever played Halo before."
  • "All I've wanted from this sorry excuse for a Halo game was a classic playlist."
  • 343 doesn't get it / doesn't know what Halo is / etc.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Past 3 games I've found quickly but they've all been 5v4s...

Getting better I suppose.

At least you're finding games :( been searching for 20 minutes now...

Edit: Over 30 minutes now (I back out every 5 minutes, and restart the game as well...)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know how bumping works on reddit?  How many upvotes and comments will it take for a thread to hit the front page again?

Once it starts going down it won't go back up. Things are usually on the front page for a day, then that's it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys have got to stop staying in search longer than 3-5 min. You need to back out and restart after that like Bravo said, been working better for me that way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Part of the problem seems to be that 343i believes these are JUST issues. There is virtually nothing working in the game. You can't joing other players without huge issues, chat is fucked, if you back out you'll probably drop everyone in your lobby, teams randomly switch, there are no ranks besides hcs, and match making does. Not. Work. At. All. Literally half the people in here cannot find games at all. We're not on dedicated servers. These are not issues, these are systemic level problems that indicate that leadership is broken at 343i. This was a terrible decision to release a game with an unfinished system and is going to have ramifications for MCC and 343i. Craziness. It's sad because we all know these issues and ranks won't be fixed for a long time. Sad day for what could have been for halo.

Full of visionaries, much much less executors. You can pow-wow and talk all you want but at some point you gotta just do it and put forth a finished product. I'm sure all the EPs are great people, friendly bunch to hang out with, but this is a business as much as it is entertainment. 

This is as eye-opening as it is disappointing. Holy smokes, I still can't get over some of the things that are happening in this game. And people called sprint game-breaking. They ain't seen nothin' yet.

I have to echo his frustration. If I could even join my friends I wouldn't be half as upset. But I can't even do that.

Many of us have jobs and took time off to play this game. On top of that We dropped $500 on an Xbox and MCC, because otherwise me and others wouldn't have bought an Xbox one.

If this was the first attempt at making Halo online I would easily give them a pass, but its been done many times before MCC and better. I am sure as time goes on things will improve. It should never be this bad at launch. Doesn't make sense.

Completely agree here. On a personal note, are you a pharmacist? I'm finishing up my 3rd year at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy and getting my MBA. Nice to see some RPh's out here rocking the sticks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious to know what kind of testing, if any, went into this. There's no way people tested this and thought it would be something that should be released

I imagine they've been working entirely on H5 and delegated MCC to the other studios. The main problem with that being that aside from visuals, everything is broken and was never tested by 343.

The only other explanation is that 343 knew it was broken and shipped it anyway - both of which is not acceptable.

Past 3 games I've found quickly but they've all been 5v4s...

Getting better I suppose.

I still don't understand how 36+ hours after launch 343i has not been able to fix the playlists to hold the correct number of players. Their inability to fix JUST that part of this cluster F*** continues to boggle my mind. 

Luckily I have been able to play in a lot of custom games, but inevitably after the other team gets smashed in H:CE, all you hear is "this game sucks, let's play Halo 2."

I feel bad for everyone that spent a lot of money to get an Xbone One/MCC, and for those who took off of work, because this launch is a colossal fail on 343i's part. I didn't think that 343i could do much worse after H4, but sadly I was mistaken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn, I was having such good luck when the patch was first out, now its taking me a lot longer to find matches and I can't get some to load.