CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is it like H2/H3 where if you were searching by yourself, you only found other people searching by themselves as well or in 2's, or finding 3's on each team while you and 1 other are the 4th in a 4v4? And if you search in 4's you only find other 4's? I don't wanna be searching alone in ranked and be getting smashed by 4's on the other team lol

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows. For what its worth, whenever I've searched ranked with more than 2 people I never get a game, which makes me think it matches party size. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi all, earlier I made a thread on Reddit listing a few issues and potential exploits that Rumble (FFA) currently has, in hopes of getting 343's attention and having them addressed. Now, I'm sure not all of you care this much for that playlist and that's fine, but you should still support the thread in ways you can.

As I'm sure you know, ranks are supposed to be rolled out soon for most playlists, and Rumble is included in there. If these issues aren't fixed before this happens, people will have multiple ways of exploiting the system to obtain illegitimate ranks. This will lead to undermining the entire ranking system and there is a good chance 343 to might decide to issue resets once all of it is patched, in order to set back the cheaters and make it fair again.

Now it would be a lot easier to avoid this whole process and just see if we can get the fundamentals right before it goes live. This is what made me create the thread. It'll save all of us time, effort and frustration in the future. So if you care about FFA even in the slightest, or want ranks to have a meaning and not be easily abused, you should go support the thread. I'm aware there are A LOT of issues in the game right now, some things a lot more important than this. Some other playlists also need some fine-tuning, but FFA is by far the one that is the most susceptible to cheaters right now.

If you feel like I missed something or want to discuss it at all, you're welcome to post here about it (or on Reddit is fine too).

Thanks in advance for supporting the thread in ways you can.

Here's the link again: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2m3pae/rumble_needs_changes_before_being_made_ranked/

• Upvote (+1) 5

Got a second game. Was in a party of two with a buddy of mine. He gets split up. He's really not that great at the game and for him to get split up and go against me is pretty frustrating on both ends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds like some people are finding games faster, and for others still status quo. Where are their dedicated servers? Maybe people further from the servers are having trouble connecting?

Thanks for the update. For some odd reason only two or three lists have had optimal waiting.

Mind telling us which ones those are?

What playlists are you guys finding games in?  We're having no luck with the h2 lists.

Team Slayer

so after they fix everything they need to bring veto back I hate this voting shit I want to play different things (except h4)

I'm finding games faster. 4 games in a row and it only took a couple of mins to find each. None of the matches have had issues either.

I just played a game of H3 online. No BS hit detection, no sword cancelling, no delay. Perfect fucking connection. It was mindblowing.

I'll be running CE customs tonight. I'll probably have 4 for 2s. But I'd like to get some 8 man FFAS and 4v4 matches going too.

GT: Yoseph is SiK

CE only please :)

People are excited to play Halo 3, even though Halo 3 has been playable online for the past 7 years.

Mind blown.

It's like an entirely different experience on dedis to be fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Making a bad video game is one thing, but a developer like 343 literally not being able to make a functioning video game in 2014 is ...

I actually don't have an adjective to describe what that is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

SWAT and Rumble for me, at least, I've had less long waits for.

Im trying every one and nothing. Before the update I would get a game about every half hour, now I am not getting any.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Judging from posts I'm reading apparently the latest server update hasn't done much to fix anything? lulz

It's iffy. I found a game within a minute before, just approaching 3 minutes without anything now :(

People are excited to play Halo 3, even though Halo 3 has been playable online for the past 7 years.

Mind blown.

seriously, where have you halo 3 fuckers been for the past couple years.