CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Also I played one game of hardcore when I could chat with someone on the other team...seems like something that should obviously not be possible

Proximity voice was in Halo 2.

Is there any update from 343 on matchmaking?

EDIT: nvm I saw their release. We will see how matchmaking is affected come later today. There are so many problems that I just don't believe we will have an acceptable experience any time soon.

This. Unfortunately I don't see things getting better for at least two weeks. The fact that the game has been out for 36 hours and finding myself a game in H2A's playlist only takes me 5-10 minutes is the only improvement is not acceptable. 

I respect 343, I know they're taking on a big task.. But they dropped the ball hard with this midnight release. 

I know it's early but for anybody that has played enough ranked, does it feel like the halo 4 CSR in that you aren't really matching people based on skill...? I managed to get to 13 and have consistently played ones and twos. It also feels like I've ranked up after each and every game, but it's hard to tell with the servers..

What is the layout? I just picked bumper jumper without looking at the others.

Not at my console to confirm, but I believe The Duke is:

A - Jump

B - Melee attack

X - Reload weapon/Action

Y - Switch weapons

Left Analog - Movement

Left Analog Click - Crouch

Right Analog - Camera

Right Analog Click - Zoom

Right Trigger - Fire weapon

Left Trigger - Throw grenade

"Back" Button - Go back/Multiplayer score

"Start" Button - Pause

Right Bumper - Switch grenades

Left Bumper - Flashlight

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys I have a LAN I'm attenting this weekend am making a timer app that i went to test snapping to the Xbox One during gameplay.  Does anybody have a tested list of spawn times in Halo 1 MCC?

@@chumpp

Only certain models of phones can send a direct screen feed to Chromecast, mine is not one of them so I was unable to Chromecast your app to Xbox One Snap.  I've been able to get Youtube videos working from my phone WITHOUT chromecast however, and one of my professors thinks that through javascript and jvid we can get our apps snapping to the Xbox One WITHOUT chromecast from any mobile device.

At the very least we can record videos of our timers running on a Youtube video and Snap the Youtube app to the Xbone while controlling the video from mobile.

So I was queued in matchmaking

left the game to change system settings and manage my friends list

when i came back, turns out I was in a game already.

I quickly put in my mic, apologized(we were down by 15 or something) and started to play

my controller won't respond and I am automatically moving forward.

turn off the controller, take out mic, no change.

Why doesn't it send you to matchmaking screen when the game starts??

Well the chief is back in action. Campaign isn't lagging and broken. 

Since when?  I still can't play it.

At least with Battlefield 4 I got to play the campaign, as boring as it was.

So I take it the servers aren't fixed yet? Was hoping to go home for lunch and play for a bit, but it makes no sense to do that if I'm only going to play one game.

1, people get these "phantom" spawns... they'll be alive in 1 spot for a fraction of a second and then appear somewhere else. Happens multiple times a game. You get a red reticle if you're aiming on them and everything.

You also see their name if you aim at them, and since names stay above a player for a few seconds before fading out, you can see where the player spawns, even through walls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since when? I still can't play it.

At least with Battlefield 4 I got to play the campaign, as boring as it was.

I was playing H1 and H3 Campaign by myself and it was fine

Hey guys I have a LAN I'm attenting this weekend am making a timer app that i went to test snapping to the Xbox One during gameplay. Does anybody have a tested list of spawn times in Halo 1 MCC?

@@chumpp

Only certain models of phones can send a direct screen feed to Chromecast, mine is not one of them so I was unable to Chromecast your app to Xbox One Snap. I've been able to get Youtube videos working from my phone WITHOUT chromecast however, and one of my professors thinks that through javascript and jvid we can get our apps snapping to the Xbox One WITHOUT chromecast from any mobile device.

At the very least we can record videos of our timers running on a Youtube video and Snap the Youtube app to the Xbone while controlling the video from mobile.

same as xbox

Well at least with customs. Also y wud u lan mcc h1

I've had a solid experience with CE in customs. Off host pistol feels good. I appreciate the fact that I can get online and play my favorite game with my friends anytime.

Obviously, priority is getting this glitch broken game running properly. But once that happens there are some HUGE issues with CE I'm not sure everyone is aware of and some small ones too.

1) Pistol spread seems larger than original. I believe this is another PC characteristic and I think this is adding to the issues people have had with netcode. MUST FIX

2) Timers are off, throws off the flow and competitive merit. MUST FIX

3) Kill feed in split screen only goes to top screen player. This is disorienting and borderline game breaking. MUST FIX

4) You can pick up empty weapons laying on the ground (rockets, sniper, etc) so you might see a rocket on the ground and risk your life for it only to pick it up empty. It's a big deal.

5) The sniper reticule in split screen is still obnoxiously large. Full screen is fixed.

6) 2 grenade start limit in 2v2, should be 4

7) This is just a request (I had a MOD for it). A custom game option for 100 kills in team slayer would be nice. H1 is fast and in 4v4 50 kills is often not enough.

Thanks for bringing my favorite game to XBL, I appreciate continued effort to make the experience great.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What's up with the servers? Any word if they pushed that update out or any improvements??

I've been able to find SWAT matches A SHIT TON quicker.

That looks manageable, can't say I've had the same experience thus far unfortunately.

I'd imagine that in 167+ ping it would get rough.  Just gotta make sure the host isn't too far away lol.  but under 100 is great!  I forget to lead half the time.

I'm gonna try to play on EU host soon and see how bad that is.  

I was playing H1 and H3 Campaign by myself and it was fine

Admittedly I haven't tried the others but the H2A campaign has been a nightmare.  So many freezes and crashes.

same as xbox

Well at least with customs. Also y wud u lan mcc h1

There's a 40-man MCC lan this Saturday.

Anyway, I thought that the weapons don't spawn properly still?  I can visibly see them not spawning at the same time each cycle to begin with, don't these discrepancies compound over time?