CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This may go down as one of the biggest launch failures of a AAA title in recent memory. 24 hours in, it is probably up there with SimCity and BF4. There is going to be a ton of negative press in the coming days and I wouldn't be surprised if MS steps in and forces changes over at 343i. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still better than GTA online

I was there for GTA Online launch, too. While that was incredibly shit,  I would still say this is far worse. The amount of broken features, bugs, glitches and parts of the game just not responding baffles me. How this was allowed to be launched, I have no idea.

GTA Online launch was horrible because of how many people were on the servers, this launch is more to do with the fact that the game shipped unpolished and riddled with bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only things that are annoying to me are the music you can't turn down or off, and voices not always working, but other than that playing 50+ H2 and CE customs has been an awesome way to speend 24 hours

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a lot more difficult now - you have to press RR a lot faster than you did on the Xbox version, but not too fast or it won't work. I haven't managed to pull it off a single time in an actual game scenario so far.

I have mind down pretty well right now, and it feels great. Try holding down R when you press it the second time, don't know why but it helps my consistency.

Spent the last 4 hours 1v1ing CE switching host every few games.

I think I died and went to heaven.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Almost two days to fix it, Eh. If it really does get fixed tonight i cant say I'm going to be super mad abou what happens anymore.

Nope.

Negative

back to H2A I go. I see improvement, but no where near what MM needs to be. Especially with the HCS and Astro tourney this weekend 

I wish more people wanted to play Halo 3, it still feels crazy weird to me, and I wont be able to get used to it, if no one wants to play it. It is going to be in Team Hardcore after all, and its going to win votes whether people like it or not.

So upset that people are telling me h1 off host is terrible. Think I'm gonna wait until h1 issues get fixed before I buy a bone which from how glitchy this game is, might take a long time.

But I'm glad for h3 community that their online is really good from the videos I watched. Game looks way better

Got into an HCS game and I guess the boot from party glitch still works in multiplayer.  You can literally boot people from the opposite team while in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really liking H2A so far, feels like what should have come after Halo 3.

I was thinking it should have been Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I got in quite a few MM games today, and H3 was never picked. I don't think it received single vote. Seems like the H2 guys are coming out in full force. 

I guess the American audience is more awesome then the Europe audience... Most of the times the choices are Halo ce, 2 and 3 players I have been playing with have been choosing Halo 3 :(

Halo 3 has been the hardest to adapt for me. Feels weird with the 60 frames and dedicated servers. Connection is way more solid then it used to be for me :)

I see that they haven't mentioned about being allowed to boot people from the opposite team in matchmaking (which was discovered right after launch).

This release is much worse than BF4's or GTA Online's. I am 26 years old and have played far too many games on launch day since I turned 11 and this is by far the worst launch of a AAA title ever. The lack of functionality in the interface, the party issues, the voice problems, even in custom games. It literally is worse than 99% of the betas I've ever participated in. For the game that Xbox one needed to be the rejuvinating force, I honestly can't believe what's going on and the fact that I don't think it will all be fixed for probably close to a month.

All that aside, playing custom games of halo 1 and 2 with friends of mine that havent played since 2007 has been the most fun I've had gaming since then.

• Upvote (+1) 2