CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Look on the brightside guys I'm 1 for 1 in Matchmaking which means I'm 100% win record which also means I have a better win percentage then the Undertaker.

Undertaker = the ogre 2 of wrestling

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also good luck selling halo 5 to people on the fence when their last memory of halo is a game they bought that didn't even work.

I will never buy another thing from Microsoft/343 again. I can't believe they sold this game with a straight face.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will never buy another thing from Microsoft/343 again. I can't believe they sold this game with a straight face.

Agree.  H5 will be the first Halo title I do not purchase at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, am I the only one who cant get people to join my games? And where is the lobby.. I dont see any pregame lobby.. I'm either in find game menu where I pick a playlist or immediately searching. There is no "lobby". So lets say all playlists are ranked, and youre with friends you cant compare ranks in playlists because once you pick the playlist is automatically searches. Am I going crazy or wtf. I want the NORMAL halo 2 / halo 3 pregame lobby

Since matchmaking is currently broken and is completely frustrating, many players including myself are resorting to custom games. Trying to make the correct game settings on H2A does not work. For example, in eSports, Multi Flag on Warlock would have teleporters, but any time you choose a flag or bomb game, the teleporters disappear. Does anyone have the correct games saved? If so, please upload them to your fileshare and post your GT so others can use them. Please test the games to make sure that it actually works in game before uploading.

I had a party of 8 ready to fucking play and we cant get it started without people getting kicked out, some people not hearing each other and other problems.

This game honestly sucks such a fail. The one thing I was hoping I could at least do I cant even play right now.

Now at 80%

Sigh. I wanted to at least get in a custom tonight

That's intended!

We aren't meant to leave the mother ship, what are you guys doing ???

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ahhhhhhhhh sitting here in Thailand on the beach witnessing this disaster second-hand haha. I must say I am selfishly happy because now maybe I wont miss much and when I get back in March I wont feel too far behind lol...and maybe everything will be fixed by then...? hahahaha who am I kidding? itll take at least a year to fix this disaster. Look at Battlefield 4.

Halo 5 looks like shit. It looks like Halo: Kmart.

Halo 1 is halo PC and also looks like crap. Whats with the Walmart netcode?

Halo 2A hurts my eyes

Halo 2C looks fucking fantastic

Halo 3 looks much improved because of the netcode and hit detection IMO.  

Halo 4. What is that?

I am just praying they fix halo 1 and add dedis to custom games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

so can we still complain about halo 1 or nah? cause that netcode...smh....what happened to rockets on derelict? 343 also lied about halo 1...this isnt exactly like i remember it...this is halo pc.

• Upvote (+1) 9

so can we still complain about halo 1 or nah? cause that netcode...smh....what happened to rockets on derelict? 343 also lied about halo 1...this isnt exactly like i remember it...this is halo pc.

I'm more worried about the game just not working at all. H1 or not.

Yeah I played it an still had fun but regardless I felt like I was shooting the Xbox 360 H3 BR.

Ahhhhhhhhh sitting here in Thailand on the beach witnessing this disaster second-hand haha. I must say I am selfishly happy because now maybe I wont miss much and when I get back in March I wont feel too far behind lol...and maybe everything will be fixed by then...? hahahaha who am I kidding? itll take at least a year to fix this disaster. Look at Battlefield 4.

Halo 5 looks like shit. It looks like Halo: Kmart.

Halo 1 is halo PC and also looks like crap. Whats with the Walmart netcode?

Halo 2A hurts my eyes

Halo 2C looks fucking fantastic

Halo 3 looks much improved because of the netcode and hit detection IMO.  

Halo 4. What is that?

I am just praying they fix halo 1 and add dedis to custom games.

repped for department store references.

• Upvote (+1) 1

custom games need dedis....give me hit detection like h3 in h1...from what i've seen that shit looks good online...I want to enjoy off host h1...plz

• Upvote (+1) 2

so MisterMonopoli has been speerunnin 1-4 in MCC legendary and I start watching the stream when he's about to finish one of the last H4 missions... Well, you guessed it, his game froze  :ghost:

no one is safe guys.

I hope the forgers at least are having a good experience so far...

343 has reset my rank twice already i have reached level ten. the struggle and now it seems like mm is back down.

So, it is without a doubt a #ColossalFailure

Main issues being:

-Matchmaking always splits yourself and your guests on different teams

-The game often starts with uneven teams 3v4/4v5
-4v4 playlists supports 5v5?

-I didn't even dare try Big Team Battle....

-Lack of BR starts gametypes for Halo 2C playlist, right now its around 60-80% of choices being SMG starts. That's horrendous, even Bungie admitted SMG starts was a mistake.... The only playlist to feature non-precision rifle starts should be the Social Team Slayer which features the best 3 slayer maps from each title.

Aside from that, customs was working alright and we did get to battle an intense 25-24 doubles victory on Lockout.

So I've had some fun with Halo today but its no thanks to MatchMaking.

I just played 3-Plot in Matchmaking and sometimes the announcer goes back to his old voice (re-used assets) and sometimes he uses the new stuff. It's hilarious to see the difference, he used to sound a lot deeper and almost like a killer or something, now he sounds like an excited old dude with an autotuned voice.

And he talks a lot in territories / 3-Plot. If it ever comes up in H2A Matchmaking I suggest to pick it because it's something else.

EDIT: The game goes to 800 points and you get one point per hill controlled each second... bit excessive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bastards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so can we still complain about halo 1 or nah? cause that netcode...smh....what happened to rockets on derelict?

Unfortunately, the unmitigated disaster that is the current state of MCC will most likely mean that complaints about specific games are going to fall on deaf ears. At this rate this is no telling how long it's going to take them to get MCC to where it's stable and playable, as there seem to be an endless supply of bugs that need to be fixed.

At least 343i has mentioned that they intend to continue to optimize MCC's version of H:CE, I just hope that it doesn't take them too long to fix MCC, so that they can continue their work on H:CE. I would love to be able to see how H:CE plays on dedicated servers, but I have not worked up the courage to try the 4v4 slayer playlist after my split-screen teammate was placed on the opposite team in a generic H2 slayer game.

I have played quite a few custom H:CE games, but the people I am playing with are either in the room next to me, or they are 5 miles down the road. Even when I played in games with hosts that are in such close proximity to me, H:CE's netcode still seems inconsistent at best. Despite the inconsistencies, I have had more enjoyment playing it online than any other Halo game.

Is anyone else unable to unlock achievements? First it was my AotCR and Guilty Spark not popping. The. It was my par time on Halo. Then I loaded up Titanfall and got one on there too and that didn't pop. I load up the achievement app and it's not showing any of my progress on my locked achievements. What is going on tonight?

I unplugged my Xbox and went out to dinner. Maybe things will be better when I get home.