CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm going to preface this by saying that I was never fortunate enough to play Halo CE. With that said, I played CE customs last night and I honestly never had so much fun playing halo. I can't wait until xbox/343 gets this mess fixed.

Haven't had time to play, what exactly is the problem with MM right now?

Literally everything. Everything you could imagine, and some things you couldn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't Bravo the community manager?  Why nothing from him, not just here, but anywhere?

343 must know by know how bad the situation is.  It's so unthinkably far beyond just traditional AAA launch quirks.

So I finally get a game in Team Hardcore and it's fantastic! I don't remember the teammate view after death being so awful, but whatever.

Then after the game it crashes... This game is a complete and utter mess right now. The bug list looks like the list from Jurassic Park.

Isn't Bravo the community manager?  Why nothing from him, not just here, but anywhere?

343 must know by know how bad the situation is.  It's so unthinkably far beyond just traditional AAA launch quirks.

343 has been responding through @Halo's twitter. Here's a summary. Their top priority are the servers. They are aware of the multiple party issues but everything is secondary until the servers are fixed.

I'm thinking 343 wins award for biggest troll of 2014.. they're probably kicking back thinking of slogans for  Halo 5 like "Couldn't scratch that Halo itch with MCC? well we promise Halo 5 will work!"

Haven't had time to play, what exactly is the problem with MM right now?

The problem with MM is that MM doesn't exist.

Im not a tech person by no means but this doesn't look like a simple fix. There are fundamental things wrong with the game that go beyond the servers. My game has froze numerous times, random rank resets, parties getting split up if you happen to find a game. Praying for a quick fix but expecting the worst.

Also notice how the only part of the game that wasn't outsourced is messed up? Lol

And here I thought I was going too miss out because my copy wasn't getting delivered today because of a holiday but it looks like the game launched completely broken. :kappa:

I can't say I'm that surprised thought because practically all of this game was heavily outsourced I mean what did 343 actually do for this project?

*sighs* I hope these issues get fixed soon.  Time and time again has shown that when games have a lot of problems at release, it decreases population numbers drastically.  This isn't the 90s and early 00s anymore where people will wait patiently for patches/updates.  Mainly because they were forced too.  They will move on to another game if release isn't good nowadays.

Last year Dice/EA set a new low bar for releasing a broken game to the public. One year later, BF4 is mostly fixed and 343 has just set the bar even lower. 

I'm not being negative, I am just absolutely shocked that they released this game in its current state. The bad PR they are going to get from this is 10x worse than what they would get from pushing the release back until such time as the FUCKING GAME ACTUALLY WORKS.

Oh, and they sold me Halo PC instead of Halo 1. Stay classy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man fuck 343 i've officially lost my cool. 3 MATCHES IN A ROW WHERE THE GAMES WAS 4v2. EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING WHEN UR ON THE TEAM WITH 2 AND THE OTHER PLAYER IS A GUEST WHO BLOWS THE GAME SO HIS FRIEND CAN WIN. Fuck 343. cant say it enough. Fuck. You

• Upvote (+1) 4

My party of 8 tried starting a Beaver Creek CTF custom on H2C when my screen goes black during the map loading and Diablo 3 boots up.  My controller was just sitting on the table, nor have I loaded Diablo 3 anytime recently.  

I wouldn't say it's as bad BF4 because that game was broken in absolutely every aspect matchmaking was basically unplayable and they even managed too break the campaign as well because it wouldn't save from what I've heard.

MCC campaign works relatively fine aside from a few framerate drops it just seems too be the multiplayer side of the game that is broken.

Issues:

Losing party members after a match conludes (I have only been able to play 4 matches, but thats a whole diff problem)

Roster not loading properly, sometimes not at all

Game freezing at the end of a match or at load screens

Been booted out of a custom lobby while joining

unable to invite or join other players at sporatic times

Those are just a few of the additional issues I have had on top of all the ones listed above. 

There is soooo much potential here, and although I am sure they will make us wait 4-6 months before they give us more ranked playlsits and social playlists.  ALL i want is to be able to play H2C with my friends and not get split up or have to wait 20 minutes for a match. (also, why in the world did they choose the gametypes they did?  really? Could they not have looked back and picked the most played gametypes first?)

Please make this playable 343, I am beyond baffled that this is what we were given at release. 

You would think with the love 343 has for COD, they wouldve started with COD's ability to have functioning matchmaking at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude my game got so broke, people started spawning with Light Rifles in H2C and then some kid got on a spree and called in care packages and AC130s started bombing the map. Shit was so fucked man. 343 fix this ASAP.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude my game got so broke, people started spawning with Light Rifles in H2C and then some kid got on a spree and called in care packages and AC130s started bombing the map. Shit was so fucked man. 343 fix this ASAP.

That's intended!

More believable than half the stuff that has actually happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look on the brightside guys I'm 1 for 1 in Matchmaking which means I'm 100% win record which also means I have a better win percentage then the Undertaker.

• Upvote (+1) 1