CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love whenever I get an H1 4v4.  So much fun and so chaotic.  Of course I don't really understand the meta but I have enough gunskill to go 20-7 against noobs.

Did they know it was going to suck this bad and just managed to keep it quiet long enough so they could still sell?

They are always the lath to know

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would also make a point of custom game lobbies being incredibly inconsistent in terms of their presentation.

For example, when I was invited to a game earlier today I somehow joined the custom game lobby, but my screen still showed me in the matchmaking lobby that I was previously in. The only way to remedy this issue was the leave the game, be in a custom lobby, and then reinvited

Also good luck selling halo 5 to people on the fence when their last memory of halo is a game they bought that didn't even work.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I grinded up to a level 8 after I was a 5 and that got reset. Now it's time to study or my exam with I should've been doing lol anyone higher?

Halo had so much momentum coming into today. There were a lot of people from the Halo community popping back up, from the CoD community, and other gamers all trying to get some Halo action in today. It would have been a chance to get people hooked on Halo again with AW being underwhelming and the absence of any other really stand out games. First impressions matter. Every day that goes by where the servers have issues, the MCC will slowly be losing its potential player base. People on the fence about buying the game will hear about the issues and won't bother. Thankfully this collection has the most ridiculous set of campaign missions on one disc and it give people something to do. But this is still something that could ruin the MCC's success if not addressed in the immediate future. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got done playing H1 customs for the past couple hours. Good games to all those who played. As long as I can keep getting solid groups like we had, I won't step foot in matchmaking.

My friend went into the Halo 3 playlist, you can only search with 4v4 but the playlist says 10 player max.  An then they said it was a 6v5 which is 11 players so that's over the max already.  Then they said when it started up an now they're playing a 7v4 on Blackout lol this game man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also good luck selling halo 5 to people on the fence when their last memory of halo is a game they bought that didn't even work.

The people who bought The Master Chief Collection are not the ones on the fence about buying a Halo game.

Now i start to realize maybe all the conections problem the game had in previous tournaments werent a fluke, i think this is a long running issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe 343 should have done some more intense play-testing on actual network settings (you know, replicate how the real thing would have been) before mass releasing it to the public and it launching as a complete failure.  =(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had issues with in game voice chat during game sessions. Sometimes after games end (and we are in pre game lobby) It will randomly select one player with whom I can suddenly not talk to. I can still hear the player but they cannot hear me. I was able to talk to everyone just before but something goes wrong.

Also had numerous issues with the game crashing (Freezing) after a game ends. Not being able to join games. Inviting a friend to your lobby only to have the game put you in his lobby upon his acceptance of your invite. 

This is all without speaking of the ridiculous direct port of Halo PC instead of even attempting to give us an actual remake of Halo 1 multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope tomorrow I can at least PLAY.

Like, I can't even laugh, because I find no games still. I don't even get to have a chuckle at the ridiculous shit.

Throw me a bone, 343i. Let me just play tomorrow so I can have a LAUGH. I'll at least be in a better mood if I do.

My friend and I manage to find an 8 player match in Team Slayer and luckily, it didn't boot everyone out after the match. No one left for four matches in a row. Played Beaver Creek on Halo 2, Hang 'Em High on CE, High Ground on Halo 3, and then some Lockout. It was fucking perfect. Then people left and I haven't gotten into an even match yet.

These servers need to be fixed. There is gold here, but we can't reach it.

• Upvote (+1) 2