CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They need to release a free map pack for H2A for this. We deserve more than a canned apology

I'm surprised we haven't already gotten a canned apology.

I'm so inconsistent it hurts. There are times I will have the other team two down and three the first off his spawn and then waste an entire clip and hit nothing but air on the second guy only to be shamefully AR'd to death. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the other issues the game is experiencing or if I just suck but there is something off. Even with body shots and that god awful beeping sound it seems like my shots aren't connecting, maybe I'm just going crazy.

I'm so inconsistent it hurts. There are times I will have the other team two down and three the first off his spawn and then waste an entire clip and hit nothing but air on the second guy only to be shamefully AR'd to death. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the other issues the game is experiencing or if I just suck but there is something off. Even with body shots and that god awful beeping sound it seems like my shots aren't connecting, maybe I'm just going crazy.

You're not inconsistent, its the game. The registration sucks really bad right now. Even more so in custom games. 

I just finished a game of 3v3 Derelict TS in MM and it felt wildly inconsistent. Guys doing a straight AR rush and sometimes I would have a quick 3sk and others it was 6 or 7 beeps before they go down and this is them running in a straight line.

But man when the pistol was working for me it felt SOOOO good.

Yeah im convinced halo 1 has the worst hit detection out of all of them right now.

Already finding bugs in the first level of the campaign. On classic graphics the game looks way too dark. And of course, the oh so useful having terminals in the halo channel app idea is shite. First terminal I tried opened the app, showed me an obnoxious loading circle then promptly gave up and noped me back to single player. Every attempt yields the same result. Brilliant.

I'm averaging one game per hour.  Not bad.... :weback: :chiefdancing:

Was nice to be searching the h3 playlist and got put into a h2c swat game... :ghost:

I tried to search in matchmaking a few times but got nothing. I ended up chilling in a party and playing a bunch of custom 1v1s with a buddy the whole afternoon. CE felt very crisp in those, although we're both in Texas so there wasn't much room for p2p lag to screw us over.

Guy in my party was stuck at 55% installation for about an hour and a half before he just ragequit.

As others have said: It's not, you, the netcode is just fucked. I can't put my finger on what exactly is wrong, but it just feels wildly inconsistent.

Halo 2's netcode isn't very good, either - the hit detection just works completely differently than it did on the OG Xbox, it seems to be pretty much exactly like H2 Vista. There are times where BR bursts just won't register at relatively close range (I'm talking like top red or blue to top mid on Midship) in situations where it almost always would have on the OG Xbox. I've been playing Halo 2 on XBC several times a week for the last year, so this isn't me misremembering anything; it's obvious that the netcode is different.

I'm worried that these problems will never be looked at though, because the game has so many other, more significant problems that need to be addressed first. 

I wish 343 had just delayed the game, because it's obvious it wasn't ready.

I wouldn't expect things to be running the way they should for AT LEAST a week or two. Matchmaking is a disaster and no CE playlists is just ridiculous.

They need to do something to make this up to the fans. My idea would be "hey sorry your game didn't work AT ALL" let me slap ranks on all the playlists we promised instead of pissing you off more

Watching Halo 2 classic hurts. Because when I watch it, I see a near perfect remake of Halo 2. I play Halo 1 and i get a completely different game from the real Halo 1. Different maps, different mechanics, different everything it seems. 

I'm usex to Halo PC so the hitreg doesn't phase me.

The different game mechanics on the other hand really need to go.

I honestly don't remember Halo 2 being consistent online though.

I wouldn't expect things to be running the way they should for AT LEAST a week or two. Matchmaking is a disaster and no CE playlists is just ridiculous.

They need to do something to make this up to the fans. My idea would be "hey sorry your game didn't work AT ALL" let me slap ranks on all the playlists we promised instead of pissing you off more

There's a good legitimate reason for this though.  When all is said and done it should be one of the best playlists when it gets here.

Been stuck on 78% for my 15 GB update for a bit. Everything is done besides H2 and the last panel. Is that the Beta?

I was stuck at 88% for a while too, the DL just went out of my que so I waited 45min. Wasnt working so I had to unplug my xbox for a couple min, turn it back on and then it just installed. 

If it truly takes several weeks then RIP Halo. People who post on here will still play of course but 90% of the players will have quit and would not return. 

Did they know it was going to suck this bad and just managed to keep it quiet long enough so they could still sell? Now they make a ton of money while putting out a dog shvt product, and there's nothing anyone can do abut it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thinking about disputing the charge for this game on my card.  Prolly get my money back and when it's fixed ill play again.