CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I hate when people quit when you have 6 or so people and its trying to fill the game. Don't you realize how hard it is to even find people? Lol

What I've experienced in my limited time with MCC....

First and foremost, I've never been totally sold on the XBox One. It's dashboard has always been extremely clunky, cumbersome, and things constantly error out or flat out refuse to work. I will preface this by saying I didn't even attempt matchmaking thinking custom games would run much smoother.

I was completely fucking wrong. The clunkiness of the XBone software coupled with the dumpster fire of a launch 343i put out for MCC just makes it unbearable. I try and join a party chat and my XBox One has a conniption, flashing "In Game", "Playing MCC", "In Friends" and cycling through the likes for a solid 2 or so minutes before I can finally hear anyone or speak. At that point, I can't even join their game or get into the lobby. Constantly connection failed, failed to connect to host. So I try to host, no one gets the invite and they're asking again and again for another invite. Some joins but drop out or the connection fails to me. We have a party of 8 friends so to make it easier so we're not muting people in XBox One's shit show interface in the party, we decide to leave the party and utilize the wonderful in game chat system. Wait what's that? You mean it sucks as well and some people can't be heard or can't hear you regardless of their audio preferences allowing for all lines of communication regardless of player or team. Well shit howdy, isn't that just grand. After over 20 minutes of trying to join a friends party and have them join mine for some custom games, I simply just gave up, packed it in and called it a night.

I bought an XBox One on launch. Titanfall and Ghosts somehow justified it to me. Just prior to MCC's announcement I had barely touched it and considered unloading it, hoping to get a few hundred dollars back of my $500 investment. Time became an issue and I had to abandon that thought to concentrate on work. Then MCC was announced, oh yes, I knew I waited for a reason, you beautiful glorious armored bastard. Master Chief is back! I not so patiently waited 150+ days for the launch of this game, thinking one day my XBox One and Kinect would finally have a glorious purpose. Then this dumpster fire of a release happens, the software/dashboard of the XBox makes it all the worse, and here many of us are sitting at our computers reporting the numerous bugs and issues we've run into for hours on end instead of enjoying the game. Even if a portion of MCC's numerous issues are rectified, I'm not sold on the system itself anymore and its modge podge software. Someone talk me off he ledge or give me the final push.

Somehow the xbone UI is worse than the 360 in every possible way. I hate it

• Upvote (+1) 5

I gave up on finding a match.  I have literally had zero matches when searching alone.

So I play campaign to get some achievements, and now they aren't unlocking for me.  I spent 58 minutes beating Assault on the Control Room on Heroic, only for it to not count at all.

I'm done.  Let me know when this shit is fixed.

Playing splitscreen with my litte brother. Loadup on Damnation TS. Game loads and theres 3 screens. To my surprise I was controlling a spartan from each team with the same controls. What the fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0vBIIMVdk&feature=youtu.be

Ignore the silly commentary, but you can see top screen and bottom left are in complete sync. Shitty video, but I had one of each player on both teams. The game ended abruptly about 2 minutes after this.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think im about to be done man! I just got Reset again!! This is the second time I got to lvl 5 and got reset WTF. It takes me forever to fine a game and then I have to win 3v4. I think Im going to give to the end of the week before I go back to ranked playlist.

Playing splitscreen with my litte brother. Loadup on Damnation TS. Game loads and theres 3 screens. To my surprise I was controlling a spartan from each team with the same controls. What the fuck.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0vBIIMVdk&feature=youtu.be

Ignore the silly commentary, but you can see top screen and bottom left are in complete sync. Shitty video, but I had one of each player on both teams. The game ended abruptly about 2 minutes after this.

I need this in my life

• Upvote (+1) 3

Forget 1th, spawning on both teams is now the champion of best glitch in MCC

Haha I really wish I got a better video :( At one point I was shooting myself it was hilarious

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haha I really wish I got a better video :( At one point I was shooting myself it was hilarious

Holy shit I literally lol'd. I wish i had an xb1 so I can experience this now

I feel it's safe to say that nothing works. Mentioning specific things that don't work would just be listing off every feature that Halo UI has ever had. (That has always worked more or less flawlessly...)

• Upvote (+1) 2

giehjshisgshvsgsgsgsg

why dont they pick CE in my lobby, WHY.

Im jealous.

I've been pretty lucky.  About half of my games are CE.

This game has been out for almost 24 hours and matchmaking still isn't fixed? How long do you guys think it will take? I can't believe how incompetent 343 is. I couldn't stand Bungie's elitest ways but at least they could launch halo properly when they were running things.

This game has been out for almost 24 hours and matchmaking still isn't fixed? How long do you guys think it will take? I can't believe how incompetent 343 is. I couldn't stand Bungie's elitest ways but at least they could launch halo properly when they were running things.

There's a lot of issues and most of its unrelated to just matchmaking. I think we're looking at several weeks or more.

There's a lot of issues and most of its unrelated to just matchmaking. I think we're looking at several weeks or more.

Several weeks? Wow!

I'd rather have Promote to Leader, Back Party out of Playlist Search, and the ability to control the max players in your lobby.