CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm stunned that they still haven't changed the max player count for 4v4 playlists

Like fucking really? You'd think that would take 30 seconds

I'm stunned that they shipped an Alpha quality MM system and UI. Some of the bugs are expected and understandable but the rest are total trash. Booting from MM? Backing out of a MM search doesn't take the party? That's fucking embarrassing. Was play testing even considered?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bet Microsoft is as salty as we are, they have a lot riding on Halo making a comeback. I wouldn't be surprised if someone loses their job over this disaster.

Phil Spencer said himself Halo 2 Anniversary would have to NAIL multiplayer. He didn't repeat this statement (Maybe he did somewhere but I dunno), so I'm sure for that much he's not too happy about Halo 2 Anniversary's LAUNCH multiplayer.

343 this game has potential, it isn't a statue just yet. It needs to be worked on HARD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm stunned that they shipped an Alpha quality MM system and UI. Some of the bugs are expected and understandable but the rest are total trash. Booting from MM? Backing out of a MM search doesn't take the party? That's fucking embarrassing. Was play testing even considered?

They were gonna play test it but they spent the money on Halofest instead

• Upvote (+1) 1

My MM still isnt really working but for some reason my roommate can get games on occasion. He is playing the TS playlist trying to get HCE games and he has played H3 The Pit three times in a row.... I guess that is just how we remember... Pit. Pit. Pit.

IMO these are the most annoying things in order

1. Not playing on the same team as your party

2. Matchmaking working

3. Even teams

I finally get a few games with my friend who has never really played H2 and hes on the other team for all but 1. I'm like bodying him and hes getting pissed off. I felt awful. Like seriously wtf 

I feel like the algorithm they are using to start the matches is just anything greater than 6. I cant count how many times a game has started with 7 players. After seeing that you can boot people i have once or twice kicked a player on the advantageous team to make it even. I feel bad about it because it takes so long to get a game, but i would rather have an enjoyable game for 6 people than making one other person happy.

Game still completely fucked?

Takes less time to search for matches but still not great in any way, except for the occasional 6v3....

343 the Single Player is the least broken part of this game but can you send Bravo here like immediately right now?

Game still completely fucked?

Yup

There are probably hundreds of thousands of people searching for games and it still takes 5-10-20 minutes to find a game

And if you do find a game, prepare to play 3v4

How is it possible that a AAA Halo game launch in this state?

What does 343 attack first, and how long will it take to make this game acceptable?

Who loses their job over this?

Will this game ever fully recover from this launch perception-wise?

So many questions.

Man this blows. More seasoned halo fans will stick through this and keep playing, but first impressions are really important. Potential new players who are on the fence about halo are just gonna say fuck it. How is this game supposed to grow when 343 continually shoots themselves in the foot?

• Upvote (+1) 6

My Top 3 favorites of the day - keep them coming! Honestly, if someone decided to troll with random outlandish events I doubt anyone would bat an eye. 

1. TS FFAs

2. MM booting without betrayals

3. Halo 4 map start despite losing vote count

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like 343i literally has a single dedicated server with limited space and everyone is fighting over using it. Come on... It shouldnt take this long to find someone, anyone.

I found out how to get games everyone.  So basically you need to restart the game after every match and if you ever get a message say that you can't connect to host, you need to restart it again.  I've been getting matches all night this way.  It's a pain in the ass but it works.  

And when I say you need to restart the game you literally have to go the dashboard, press start on the game, and say quit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found out how to get games everyone.  So basically you need to restart the game after every match and if you ever get a message say that you can't connect to host, you need to restart it again.  I've been getting matches all night this way.  It's a pain in the ass but it works.  

And when I say you need to restart the game you literally have to go the dashboard, press start on the game, and say quit.

This might work if you're searching alone, but a group of us tried this multiple times and still couldn't find games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is it possible that a AAA Halo game launch in this state?

What does 343 attack first, and how long will it take to make this game acceptable?

Who loses their job over this?

Will this game ever fully recover from this launch perception-wise?

So many questions.

lol what? Plenty of AAA games have had launches just as bad, even worse than this. I'm amazed people thought this was actually going to be a smooth launch.

This was working for me last night for awhile, but then it stopped working after 3-4 games.

This might work if you're searching alone, but a group of us tried this multiple times and still couldn't find games. 

Yeah I was doing it alone.

People who aren't big Halo fans that buy the game today and pop it in to see things don't even work are not going to be patient etc. They will switch to another game and never play it again.