CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hey hey hey. Stop bashing Bungie. 

These MCC issues are god damned universal. Destiny on the other hand, was a nigh flawless launch for the majority of players. Myself personally got booted once, maybe twice on launch day. 

I know with such big games, a flawless launch is hard. But WTF, HOW DOES QA MISS THE PART WHERE IT SEARCHES FOR 10 PLAYERS ON TEAM SLAYER? I'M AN ARMCHAIR NERD AND I NOTICED IT IMMEDIATELY. I'M NOT A TESTER. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey hey hey. Stop bashing Bungie.

These MCC issues are god damned universal. Destiny on the other hand, was a nigh flawless launch for the majority of players. Myself personally got booted once, maybe twice on launch day.

I know with such big games, a flawless launch is hard. But WTF, HOW DOES QA MISS THE PART WHERE IT SEARCHES FOR 10 PLAYERS ON TEAM SLAYER? I'M AN ARMCHAIR NERD AND I NOTICED IT IMMEDIATELY. I'M NOT A TESTER.

Im under the impression that nothing got tested.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Seriously though... You have several different game engines and multiple iterations of code spanning 10+ years utilizing matchmaking games online. Not only that but you have Max Holberman from CA who supposedly pioneered Halo 2 and Xbox Live (thanks for spoon feeding me this everytime you release something on MCC, 343i). How does this shit not work!!!!!!

Nah, CoD games used to be just as bad at launch.

Played the last 5 cods on launch day perfectly fine. This is super disappointing I had several friends call work off and buy x1 just to play this game and it's broken almost an entire day into release. Its not like they didn't know matchmaking wasn't working people from other countries and neighbor and ghost were having these problems 4 days before the game came out. 

I really didn't want to join the legions of naysayers on here, but I get up in arms when I see something tangibly horrible. This is tangibly horrible. 

I am NOT touching MCC until matchmaking is fixed to what it should have been. Going to finish up H2A campaign then it's right back to Destiny. This level of incompetence is unacceptable to me. Never EVER has matchmaking been so FUBAR on the launch of a Halo. H4 could at least have been played as it was intended on launch. 

I suggest everyone here do the same. Go back to PC, the 360 games, XBC, etc. Until matchmaking is fixed. I could find a match on the real H3 quicker than I could find a match in the top MCC playlist right now.

Back to Destiny for me...

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is going to cost Microsoft a shit ton of money in a variety of ways. This was the only reason why many XB1 owners have this shitty console...so that they can play a 10 year old games that are better than the shit they fling out at us these days. This is going to be a coffin that already has 3 nails in 3 different corners (1 for ODST, 1 for Reach, 1 for H4) for a lot of halo players. This cash cow is no longer a calf, but rather a dying steer. 

Pisses me off because I was fantasizing about populations of 500,000-700,000. We will be lucky if by next week there are 30,000 players online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This launch has been a disgrace IMO.

You gonna be on tonight? We were gonna try and run games again if your interested, I don't have many friends who play halo is why I asked haha

Been searching now for 35 minutes and still nothing. I have only played one game today and that game I got completely destroyed. Well, this launch has been fun. 

MM still not working? lol

If you want a laugh, try this:

Fire up a game of H2A with your controls set to Southpaw triggers and bumpers.  Then try dual wielding...

I'm honestly content with H1 customs at the moment though.  I just don't have time to play this week.  Blessing in disguise?

I hope people play when it's fixed, I was looking forward to an active population... havent had that since Reach

Honestly this might just kill the population right off the bat. I would have rather them delayed the game and released it when they were ready, but now people see this trash and they will just throw it aside and this game will die just like the other halos in recent history.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You gonna be on tonight? We were gonna try and run games again if your interested, I don't have many friends who play halo is why I asked haha

Yeah, knowing me I'll probably sleep for a bit and be on around the time I was on last night for you. Definitely down to run some 2v2 customs again seeing as MP is absolutely fucked and I don't see it all being fixed within a day, hell I'd be very surprised to see it fully functional by the end of this week. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, knowing me I'll probably sleep for a bit and be on around the time I was on last night for you. Definitely down to run some 2v2 customs again seeing as MP is absolutely fucked and I don't see it all being fixed within a day, hell I'd be very surprised to see it fully functional by the end of this week. 

Yeah it's all kinds of jacked up. It's unfortunate, but hoping it will be good to go by end of the week

Ok so I'm playing H2 on legendary since MM doesn't work at all and in the middle of Cairo Station my fucking game crashes so I have to restart my Xbox. I figured I would be at my checkpoint but nope. I have to start back at the Armory.

So I play again and get to the part where my game crashed, so I save and quit just incase it happens again so I can reload my progress. I start the game again and I'm back at the fucking start of Cairo Station.

And WHY can't I see my emblem in Halo 2? The Sol emblem was around then but it just shows that bullseye thing. Also why does it say there's no one else online when on my FL there's several people on the MCC? Why is everything broken?

Honestly this might just kill the population right off the bat. I would have rather them delayed the game and released it when they were ready, but now people see this trash and they will just throw it aside and this game will die just like the other halos in recent history.

343 will take it as meaning people don't like classic Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3