CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If you search H3 you get games pretty quickly. Played 3 straight games with AMAZING connection and it felt great. I know they messed up pretty bad but once things get ironed out this game is going to be awesome.

If you search H3 you get games pretty quickly. Play 3 straight games with AMAZING connection and it felt great. I know they messed up pretty bad but once things get ironed out this game is going to be awesome.

Yeah, but then you have to play Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And I'm just sitting here wondering when the hell my copy will arrive.

Fuck your mother amazon.

You're honestly not missing out on much, if that's any consolation. I hope your copy arrives soon though :)

People need to be fired over this.

Everytime you post I just feel the rage and I 100% feel the same!

Does anyone know where the option is to "play voice through mic and tv" or something like that please? Used to be on preferences on 360

Trying to stream so friend can watch but he cannot hear other's voices because I cannot find that setting on Xbox One =p.

Does anyone know where the option is to "play voice through mic and tv" or something like that please? Used to be on preferences on 360

Trying to stream so friend can watch but he cannot hear other's voices because I cannot find that setting on Xbox One =p.

That option isn't available with X1. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's actually in the "Sound & Voice" under "Settings" in the MCC. Maybe that's just team chat settings though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would think that the play testers they hired to help "optimize" the gameplay would be on call / all-hands to give input at this critical time...the game isn't done once release date hits. 

You would think 343 would be all hands available in the 24-48 hours pre and post launch and these play testers could have identified even one of these myriad issues that have come up in the past 12 hours in the weeks leading to launch, with the biggest being that matchmaking does not even work...But instead you see guys like Neighbor and Ghost playing customs online. Really? This studio is absolutely dysfunctional. Prioritization is a shitstorm. Who the hell are the PMs (more proof that the Project Manager position is utterly useless)? Shame on me for believing. 

The 343 hype has struck again...overpromising and underdelivering. Looking beyond the inoperable matchmaking to even simple things like the ability to designate teams and wrong team sizes for playlists tells me that there was a severe lack of code review in ensuring that roster size would stay static regardless of Halo #. H3 TS 5v5 != H2 TS 4v4 - seeing the confused attempts in these TS lobbies to create teams is eye-opening. And 6v6 BTB in a clearly stated 8v8 description? What?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know this is a minor issue compared to all the other issues, but I was wondering why the emblems aren't visible in h2c? I was watching hunterjjx stream last night and he mentioned something but I didn't fully hear what he said.. Also when I was running custom games last night in h2c I couldn't hear anyone, I thought it was just cause it was an ffa but when we ran 4s it was the same, anyone else have this problem too?

Could it be that the emblems not native to H2C won't display in that game? Many of them were H4 unique emblems

I know this is a minor issue compared to all the other issues, but I was wondering why the emblems aren't visible in h2c? I was watching hunterjjx stream last night and he mentioned something but I didn't fully hear what he said.. Also when I was running custom games last night in h2c I couldn't hear anyone, I thought it was just cause it was an ffa but when we ran 4s it was the same, anyone else have this problem too?

Reddit has a thread listing all of the issues and this is one of them. Apparently voice chat is just borked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You would think that the play testers they hired to help "optimize" the gameplay would be on call / all-hands to give input at this critical time...the game isn't done once release date hits. 

You would think 343 would be all hands available in the 24-48 hours pre and post launch and these play testers could have identified even one of these myriad issues that have come up in the past 12 hours in the weeks leading to launch, with the biggest being that matchmaking does not even work...But instead you see guys like Neighbor and Ghost playing customs online. Really? This studio is absolutely dysfunctional. Prioritization is a shitstorm. Who the hell are the PMs (more proof that the Project Manager position is utterly useless)? Shame on me for believing. 

The 343 hype has struck again...overpromising and underdelivering. Looking beyond the inoperable matchmaking to even simple things like the ability to designate teams and wrong team sizes for playlists tells me that there was a severe lack of code review in ensuring that roster size would stay static regardless of Halo #. H3 TS 5v5 != H2 TS 4v4 - seeing the confused attempts in these TS lobbies to create teams is eye-opening. And 6v6 BTB in a clearly stated 8v8 description? What?

I actually think they are playtesters for Halo 5 and not actually MCC.  Neighbor streaming has made comments that it takes time to get used to H2A which makes me to believe they were hired as playtesters for H5.  

you don't talk anyways bro! lol

Jk, but make sure you don't have the settings on mute. I heard a few issues of ppl being randomly muted for no reason.

Theres a bunch of bugs with this release its crazy

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better than waiting around for 20 minutes!

But I was playing Halo 3 yesterday waiting gor MCC. I've had enough of H3 for one life time.. ugh

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's crazy that none of these things have even been acknowledged yet.  They're busting their balls just to get matchmaking actually functional but beyond that there's still a bug list several pages long.

Did no one at any point at 343 try to play BtB and see that it says 8v8 but it's searching for 12 players?  That kind of error is so amateur it's ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just played a game of h2a after about a minute of searching. Ran smooth as butter. If they put weapons on static timers and took off hit markers, they would be going in the right direction for h5.

• Upvote (+1) 1