CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

H2/H3 hit detection seems really good. H1 seems awful. I haven't played H1 outside of a few games millennia ago, so it could just be me, but people are skipping around a decent amount and even up close shots seem to get swallowed. Anyone else finding this or am I just a H3 nub?

I wouldn't know.  I've yet to get in to a matchmaking game yet.

All I have to say is glad that I was looking forward to playing the campaigns and getting a ridiculous amount of achievements. Will multiplayer be sorted out soonish?

people in my game just voted 5 to 1 

snowbound brs vs hang em high 

wat iz life

Anways halo 3 feels a million times better 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously feel like we were sold an unfinished game

100%

It's almost more logical that they pressed and distributed the wrong build of the game.  There's just so many completely game shattering bugs everywhere.  Even if they fixed matchmaking the game still implodes on itself in a dozen other areas.

Like what is the process to get a game gold certified?  Does it just have to make it to the main menu?  That's as far as you can go in this thing without finding a bug.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not buying until they fix Halo CE's poverty xbc netcode. They didn't even use Halo pc no lead mod (which still has lead btw). Sorry, but I'm not paying £350 for Halo CE with xbc netcode. It's a joke that it's been released so poorly optimized in the year 2014.

been playing nothing but CE customs in 100+ ping and its the most fun Ive had gaming in years.

And yet the servers are down so the digital means nothing. I got the physical copy, installed it while disconnected from the internet, finished install, and now the patch update is being downloaded while I sleep. Servers will be up tomorrow in time for my finished install. Win/Win. Too easy.

You going to frame your physical copy? Digital is better in every way imaginable. Game sharing on two xbox's and not having to swap out discs >>

This multiplayer fail is on par with GTA V... didn't think it was possible but 343 rises to the occasion

• Upvote (+1) 2

This multiplayer fail is on par with GTA V... didn't think it was possible but 343 rises to the occasion

And we'll still get the full release of ranks before heists

so can you switch teams in customs?

Nope. The custom game option for it can be enabled but there is literally no UI option for it in the game.

Halo 3 is seriously vastly improved in the MCC. Once it's uploaded, I'll post footage of my first game of h3 (2v2 lol) so anyone who can't find games in TS can see what I mean.

It sucks they botched the release, but I can tell from what I have played that once they fixed it I will be one nose-quiveringly happy bunny.

Edit: this game seriously needs a veto system. Sometimes you have way more fun than you think when a random map comes up. Plus, that way you actually get to experience the game and not just what scrubs want to play.

Got the hit detection of H2A is amazing. I will definitely be playing it more than I expected. 

Nope. The custom game option for it can be enabled but there is literally no UI option for it in the game.

You go to the roster, press "a" on your name, and "change teams" is right there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC was a disappointment today.

I go to the midnight launch grab the game, then it takes 2 hours to install.

After install

I can't find any games and custom games are just glitchy...

I've played three matches searching with my brother and I've been split every game worst part is i keep ending up with the guests who shoot me in the back because his friend is on the other team...... 

Fuck this party split bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I ended up playing a bunch of customs tonight. I have to admit the game was running pretty great! There were times where our party got disbanded, but once we were in a game it played great. I have faith they will patch the menus, matchmaking, and partys. Once this is done, it will be a pretty solid experience!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Way too many bugs and problems that need to be sorted out. Whenever you search for a game with a party and back out, everyone gets taken out of the lobby and they have to rejoin which is really frustrating.

Not being able to see half your friends even playing the game sucks too. 

I could go on and on but i'm sure we all experienced it tonight. Easily one of the worst launches i've had in recent memory though when I was able to get customs going it was a blast.