CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Got matched within 5 minutes of searching and played chilly. Multiple people ate rockets to the face with lag all around but I some how still prevailed with 15 kills. Next match took 15 minutes and we played lockdown and my buddy and I got split up. Game 3 searching now.

You would think that Microsoft would have some sense to be well prepared for the strain on the servers and everything else related to launching one of the most important products going forward for the Xbox One. This is not Microsofts first go around on releasing a game of this caliber. I don't get it...

How in the hell do you change what team you're on lol

Go to roster (x) and click your name. There will be a change teams option there.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hard reset at 11:02 Central and the game booted up just fine for me. I think that is the route to take 

I just wanted to vent and hopefully find out I'm not the only one.

I pre-loaded the game the day the digital download became available. Made sure I downloaded the 15gig update when it was released as well.

Figured I was set to start playing some MCC come midnight...but NOPE!

At first launch the screen went black and a message popped up saying I needed to download a 15 gig update. At this point I expected to be forced to redownload the entire MCC again like some of the horror stories on reddit. After 2 minutes the progress bar jumped to straight to 50% and Ready to Play was now displayed.

I loaded up the game again, went into the settings fixed my appearance, control scheme, call tag, and went to join my friends in customs...only to be greeted by an installation screen. I have been stuck at this screen for the past hour and a half.

The worst part is that it is SLOWLY progressing. At first I was at 100% for H1, H3, & H4 and 0% for H2 and H2a. I figured I would at least be able to play some H3 customs or H3 matchmaking until H2/H2a finished installing...NOPE

This is seriously irritating. Now I'm at 50% left for H2a.

(sigh) I just wanna play some halo :(

taking sooooo long to find games. servers getting hammered? 

Nope, it was busted before everyone logged on.

H2, H3, Reach and H4 all had great launches. What is going on?

Also this from MS:

"Xbox members, are you having a tough time matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection? As you read this message, we’re working with our external partner to correct this issue right away. We appreciate your patience in the meantime! We’ll update you again when we have more information."

What I read into this was that it's not MS's fault that this is happening. Get your shit together 343.

I just got that too :/ Pre-loaded digital last Tuesday.

Same here.. Started back up thankfully. The last portion of the download is at 90%

lol i feel yeah, not in the same situation but i won't be playing till 11/11 at night,, but this will all be a past memory very very soon that you'll' soon forget :)

Hard reset before loading the game for the first time seems to be the golden ticket