CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hey guys, good to see the Halo community still has a place

I've been lurking cause I really don't have much to say about MCC, but the problem with the weapon spawns you're describing is easy to fix

In Halo 3 and Reach, there are two settings in Forge called Minimum Runtime and Maximum Runtime

In Halo 3, if you set Maximum Runtime to 1, it mimicks Halo 2 weapon behavior completely, but no stock Bungie maps used this outside of swords

If you change this behavior and bump it to like 8, then the timer operates on a Quake style pickup timer. Say Rockets are on a 3:00 timer, you pick up the timer at :12 or something, the next rocket absolutely spawns at 3:12 no matter what's going on. H1 Style and Drop Spawns vs Pickup Timers both have advantages and disadvantages, personally I prefer pickup timers but I see how in CE having everything come back at once influences the strategy of the game.

So try fixing that variable then seeing if drop spawns work again. If they simply don't work anymore, pickup timers are better than nothing.

What's up zanno, you planning on getting the game?

Every Halo title has issues in the first few hours/days but mostly the first few hours. Servers will be bombed, MM will do stupid things etc. It'll all be fine this time next week unless 343 totally fails

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every Halo title has issues in the first few hours/days but mostly the first few hours. Servers will be bombed, MM will do stupid things etc. It'll all be fine this time next week unless 343 totally fails

This is why I'm going to splurge on Campaign (even Legendary Marathon) before touching Matchmaking.

I'm just going to end up getting unreasonably anxious if I don't follow my ordered list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone find a game yet? Been searching forever.

maybe when uk jumps on it be better.

hopfully

Can anyone find a game yet? Been searching forever.

Just played a 6 FFA on H2A Rumble. Took 10 mins to find.

There is absolutely no defendable reason that this should be an issue these days.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What's up zanno, you planning on getting the game?

Honestly no

I'm not dropping that level of money for a console to buy exactly 1 game

If I had that kind of money to blow I'd rather upgrade my PC and get a 120hz monitor so I can play Starcraft again

I've heard rumors that if MCC doesn't move systems in a big way then a PC port is ready to go, I'd pick that up right away of course

Honestly no

I'm not dropping that level of money for a console to buy exactly 1 game

If I had that kind of money to blow I'd rather upgrade my PC and get a 120hz monitor so I can play Starcraft again

I've heard rumors that if MCC doesn't move systems in a big way then a PC port is ready to go, I'd pick that up right away of course

PC port would be so great. I kinda hope MCC doesn't move Xbones.

TO ANYONE WHO HAS THE GAME ALREADY:

I need to know. Is there two separate installation processes for the physical copy - one for installation and one for day 1 patch? Or is it one big thing? Thank you in advance.

I need to know. Is there two separate installation processes for the physical copy - one for installation and one for day 1 patch? Or is it one big thing? Thank you in advance.

one process with two jobs. The patch downloaded and installed halfway thru the campaign installations for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

installò the game offline and then download the pach this will Speed up tour process for the game
  • Upvote (+1) 1

one process with two jobs. The patch downloaded and installed halfway thru the campaign installations for me.

Im having my dad install for me, lol,so does that mean he'll have to hit a "yes, install" option twice? Or just once?