CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So will the ranks launch with ALL of H2A or just a certain playlist on H2A?

Only H2A 4v4 right now.

Maybe I'm in the minority of h1 vets but I don't really care about 2 nades at all.

Things like knowing they are in camo in chill out or green in dammy, you're inevitably delayed from combat by waiting for 8, 12, or more nades to explode.

I think they're placed pretty liberally around the maps so you have plenty to work with.

They can change it to 4, but I don't think the game is necessarily damaged with 2.

Netcode and the false visual feedback are so FAR beyond the number of nades in importance that it almost seems silly to talk about right now, imo. (though I also understand it's probably an extremely fast fix, as opposed to the other issues)

• Upvote (+1) 7

We are now nearing the end of the wait, I just wanna say its been nice reading this thread this past month, through all the trials and tribulations, and I hope to see you all on the battlefield come midnight. It's been fun, enjoy the collection.  :halo:

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have they disabled joining games in progress?

Pretty sure it's gone, even for Halo 4 playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm in the minority of h1 vets but I don't really care about 2 nades at all.

Things like knowing they are in camo in chill out or green in dammy, you're inevitably delayed from combat by waiting for 8, 12, or more nades to explode.

I think they're placed pretty liberally around the maps so you have plenty to work with.

They can change it to 4, but I don't think the game is necessarily damaged with 2.

Netcode and the false visual feedback are so FAR beyond the number of nades in importance that it almost seems silly to talk about right now, imo. (though I also understand it's probably an extremely fast fix, as opposed to the other issues)

I said the same thing. People act like it breaks the game.

Lol not gonna lie they had me sweatin. I was like damnn I just bought an xbox one to play my favorite childhood competitive game and I got rocked within the first few days. I guess 343 can't take constructive criticism. Oh well. Glad to be apart of the team beyond family now. Thanks everyone I appreciate it. 

Nah man you can still play. Much better to be here on Team Beyond then on 343 forums any way. Pull up a seat we have room for everyone here.

Welcome Bro!

That sucks. Weapon spawning has an even bigger effect in BTB... ruins Coag.

Hey guys, good to see the Halo community still has a place

I've been lurking cause I really don't have much to say about MCC, but the problem with the weapon spawns you're describing is easy to fix

In Halo 3 and Reach, there are two settings in Forge called Minimum Runtime and Maximum Runtime

In Halo 3, if you set Maximum Runtime to 1, it mimicks Halo 2 weapon behavior completely, but no stock Bungie maps used this outside of swords

If you change this behavior and bump it to like 8, then the timer operates on a Quake style pickup timer. Say Rockets are on a 3:00 timer, you pick up the timer at :12 or something, the next rocket absolutely spawns at 3:12 no matter what's going on. H1 Style and Drop Spawns vs Pickup Timers both have advantages and disadvantages, personally I prefer pickup timers but I see how in CE having everything come back at once influences the strategy of the game.

So try fixing that variable then seeing if drop spawns work again. If they simply don't work anymore, pickup timers are better than nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Started the download at 12pm eastern last night, now at 89% . Anyway to make it go faster?

Not much to do but demand everyone in your house to not use the internet lol

Not much to do but demand everyone in your house to not use thr internet lol

Live alone In a apartment, so maybe could go around and tell the other residents lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious to know what everyone is choosing? I'm thinking about getting the physical copy tonight but then again I can get access earlier through the digital? What are some of your thoughts on this?

:halo: :walshy:

The annoying thing about h2a being the main comp game is we're going to have lame settings discussions for months before everything is figured out (like we had for pretty much every game).

The thing about h2 and H1 that I was excited for in tourney play is that the settings are the best they can be, we can just start playing, not have arguments and millions of threads about if x map is good or not.

grassroots, despite popular opinion we do not need 343 to support our tourneys

Have to go with physical, I probably won't start downloading all digital games until later on next year when Microsoft had fully hammered out the kinks in online preloading. 

Sure I have to wait longer to play the game but at least it'll be a few hours (sleep), as opposed to another three days or even another month or at the end of the year.

Both. When my disc comes tomorrow I probably won't open it, it can just look nice next too all the other Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I chose digital. And now I completely regret it. Their system is cleary hardly working. It freezes after 4%, 50%, just any random time. It won't download though.

• Downvote (-1) 1