CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

CE was removed due to the various issues with the game, but once it's ready (assuming when a newer patch rolls around) it will have its own playlist, and will be 2v2 instead of 4v4.

I don't plan on getting into CE right away, but I thought it was great news and CE players should rejoice.

Halo CE 2v2's are the best. One of the things I'm looking forward too

FFA is my favorite, and I'm weary of eight players. Six has always seemed perfect.

But there's no sprint and no Simplex in H2A, so it'll probably be fine.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Did they ever say when they will release 2v2 CE??? I can't imagine it being that much after the launch. 

Shot registration on that Derelict game seemed pretty shotty. Maybe matchmaking dedicated servers will be better?

it was def P2P, and his shot wasn't too great.  but he obviously doesn't know you need to lead your shots slightly.  

dedi's in MM will make it better, but you'll still have to lead slightly.  think H3 leading (maybe a little more depending on ping)

FFA is my favorite, and I'm weary of eight players. Six has always seemed perfect.

Lol

After spending years playing Lone Wolves I can attest that 6-8 is better than 4-6 for FFA.

4-man FFA on bigger maps is just... not fun.

The key here is to remove objective. 8 people for FFA objective is a bit TOO chaotic and redundant.

After spending years playing Lone Wolves I can attest that 6-8 is better than 4-6 for FFA.

The key here is to remove objective. 8 people for FFA objective is a bit TOO chaotic and redundant.

8 man FFA objective is where you kill whore and get clips though!!!!!

it was def P2P, and his shot wasn't too great. but he obviously doesn't know you need to lead your shots slightly.

dedi's in MM will make it better, but you'll still have to lead slightly. think H3 leading (maybe a little more depending on ping)

I know you have to lead in CE, it just looked like shot registration from HPC. (which never felt right to me regardless of ping) my brother and I would LAN HPC and it still wouldn't feel right. I just hope mcc doesn't have that feeling

Yep, my experience as well. It actually made me re-load the game to download multiplayer data? Haven't found a game since :(

Try mid-day tomorrow, its late tonight for people to be playing.

Plus tomorrow copies will start leaking out into Europe and Australia and we'll see people slowly hitting the servers.

6 Man FFA is my SHIT

The launch day playlists are up. I thought the only reason there wasn't a population counter was because they were testing and stuff, but it looks like we're not seeing a population counter in MCC. 

Literally no way of knowing how many are in each playlist, or how many people are in Matchmaking overall. It'll be a non-issue post-release because there will be so many in each playlist, but right now it's terrible.

The launch day playlists are up. I thought the only reason there wasn't a population counter was because they were testing and stuff, but it looks like we're not seeing a population counter in MCC. 

Literally no way of knowing how many are in each playlist, or how many people are in Matchmaking overall. It'll be a non-issue post-release because there will be so many in each playlist, but right now it's terrible.

No population counter is very disappointing. Its the small things man, the small things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just curious. I think I saw that it is something like 50Gb or something crazy. 

Anyone who had early access can you please share how long it took.

Cheers

Only 8hr left for Australia. OMG

I know you have to lead in CE, it just looked like shot registration from HPC. (which never felt right to me regardless of ping) my brother and I would LAN HPC and it still wouldn't feel right. I just hope mcc doesn't have that feeling

played it for 8 years.  the shot reg is fine....it's just learning to lead well that is the case.  it's not as easy as "lead this much for this ping", the hitbox will start to move the other way before they do.....so that gives a false feeling of missing a shot that should have hit.  lead is just a weird thing depending on how they are moving.

here is a little pistol video I make 6 years ago, around :30 is a good example of how to lead a strafe.  you gotta know where they are going before they do.

that's in 33 ping, and MCC CE looks to have smaller lead overall.  which should make it easy peasy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On an average speed (maybe below average) wireless connection, it took me 6-8 hours to install everything today. It helped that you can play Campaign while it installs.

How long does it take for the physical disc to install?

Probably about 30-40 minutes and then the download of the patch on top of that