CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

CE multiplayer on dedis pls

Its only right that we should all get to experience playing every halo through xbox live. The only one that hasn't is Halo CE, and its one i have always wanted to play on xbox live.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are some bullet points from the ntkrnl leak from a while back 

• Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down. 

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

If they are bundling all of these things together for the two versions, it would be a good enough reason to charge $60+ instead of a lesser amount as they did with CEA.

They wouldn't have mp for all of the games IMO. Why would they want to completely split their player base?

We are now speculating on top of speculation. With that said, I would guess they would just include all of the campaigns but the primary game and the only one with MP will be H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

They wouldn't have mp for all of the games IMO. Why would they want to completely split their player base?

unfortunately this makes sense. As much as i want and will wish for it to happen so that i can be happy and play every halo it doesn't make sense from their side of it.

unfortunately this makes sense. As much as i want and will wish for it to happen so that i can be happy and play every halo it doesn't make sense from their side of it.

Honestly, I doubt they'd even remake Halo 2's multiplayer.  With this up-rezed version of every game I could see them 100% doing Halo Anniversary all over again and just slapping in six or so good maps from Halo 2 into Halo 4's multiplayer.  That would also explain the rumor about another Xbox 360 game......

Like others have said there will probably be two versions of H2A.

1. H2A standalone. Just the remastered complete H2 experience. $40

2. H2A: Master Chief Collection. Remastered H2 experience, that includes remastered campaigns from the main entries in the Halo series. $60

Edit: Also, where is the rumour about another 360 halo game coming from? I haven't seen any source.

I really don't think the Halo 1-4 remake rumors are true. If they are, I can only see them only being campaign. Either way, hurry up E3!

also TheOddOne at NeoGAF double checked his stuff

jbma5mEPFhuPOM.png

jbfGDyQxeRydVd.png

jxrpp92HVOk0n.png

jsGrAkMwtEUoV.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Guys like seriously, why should we worry about this?

One rumor is H2A w/Multiplayer.

The other rumor is all Halos' Campaign in one game next-gen with H2 Multiplayer.

Either way everybody wins man. 343/MS gets our money and we get our awesome multiplayer. WIN-WIN BRO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guys like seriously, why should we worry about this?

One rumor is H2A w/Multiplayer.

The other rumor is all Halos' Campaign in one game next-gen with H2 Multiplayer.

Either way everybody wins man. 343/MS gets our money and we get our awesome multiplayer. WIN-WIN BRO.

To be fair this latest rumor that all the sites are running with doesn't mention H2 MP. I think that is what is worrying some people.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like others have said there will probably be two versions of H2A.

1. H2A standalone. Just the remastered complete H2 experience. $40

2. H2A: Master Chief Collection. Remastered H2 experience, that includes remastered campaigns from the main entries in the Halo series. $60

Edit: Also, where is the rumour about another 360 halo game coming from? I haven't seen any source.

The 360 rumor is pure speculation from this paragraph from Frankie's statement on Halo Waypoint (Bold and underline added by me)

"But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I doubt they'd even remake Halo 2's multiplayer.  With this up-rezed version of every game I could see them 100% doing Halo Anniversary all over again and just slapping in six or so good maps from Halo 2 into Halo 4's multiplayer.  That would also explain the rumor about another Xbox 360 game......

Hey, as long as we get a patch to add in descope, and fix the weapon despawn issue, I'd have no problems with that.

The 360 rumor is pure speculation from this paragraph from Frankie's statement on Halo Waypoint (Bold and underline added by me)

"But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period."

Thank you! I can see why people are equating that to another possible 360 Title. I hope not. I want H2A to be an Xbox One title (dedicated servers, better performance, etc). If it does include MP it shouldn't be multiplat, would be a disaster IMO.

I have actually heard this same thing, but a little bit differently. It was refered to as a battle chest basically. My source told me that it would be all of the Halo games remaster or HDed up or however you want to say it. It will have 1 MP lobby and if you want to play, lets say Assult. That Assult lobby will go across all of the halo Multiplayers. He said this would include Halo CE MP. It will all run on dedicated servers so that should fix the issue that they used as the main excuse as to why HCEA didn't have an online MP. I don't know how the cross game MP will work, but that is how it has been explained to me. This lines up with what I have heard, just with a different name.

If this turns out to be real and they avoid trying to redo CE multiplayer again I'll be a very sad panda.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its only right that we should all get to experience playing every halo through xbox live. The only one that hasn't is Halo CE, and its one i have always wanted to play on xbox live.

I haven't played the hitscan mod for pc, but I've watched it and it really looks like that alone is playable on xbl without any netcode.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing less likely than multiplayer being included with all these titles is multiplayer being done right in all these titles. This is a campaign with shiny graphics money grab.

Who am I kidding I'll still buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This might just be because I own all the Halos, but I would rather have a well polished Halo 2 remake than have a bunch of games just ported over at a higher resolution and framerate than before.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would buy but all of us would rather have an MP than the campaigns remastered. I wish they would comment on the speculation :/

• Upvote (+1) 2