CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm sorry but anyone complaining about no ranked playlists beside H2A is acting like a spoiled only child. Do you realize how much 343 is giving us with this game? Do you understand how much time/effort/coding it must take to get this game completed? No. I don't think any of us actually do. In fact, members of 343 themselves have said in interviews that when the idea was brought up no-one thought it would actually be possible but they did it for US...the community...the people who love Halo. Can we for once cut them a break on this? Imagine if you created this and the one part that actually has some 343 in it is H2A...wouldn't you want people to at least give your game a shot?

I just think the community is acting spoiled at this point. 343 has made all the right moves. 343 has created the game everyone has been waiting for. Yet people can't enjoy that for a little while without ranked playlists. My god, can we give them credit for once? They finally deserve it. I have been watching the streams all day and the games look like they play flawlessly. Sure the servers haven't been fully tested yet but this is literally a dream come true for most Halo fans.

Just keep these things in mind. 343 gave us what we want. Sure they might be behind schedule with a few things but what they have done is incredible if anything else.

Thank you 343.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

How do you know this? i've asked around and heard the same but with no confirmation about menu options. Thanks btw.

Saw it during someones stream many hours ago. No proof but I am pretty sure they said it could be turned off. The user

oh4 seems to know about it

Yes, yes it did. Halo 3 used true skill for all playlists. That's why montage kids would make new accounts.

I love it when someone confidently says no when they are talking out of their shithole.

Ok if you can show me a source I will be more then happy to change my mind.  

Frank O'Connor is Hitler. Don't you all see? He is TRYING TO EXTERMINATE US, TO ELIMINATE US FROM THE COMMUNITY. He bars us from having competitive features in the game at launch so that WE CAN ALL LEAVE.

You are ALL falling into his trap. WE MUST TAKE ACTION. We must fight.    :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The stream with Saucey, Hokum, and Mioff was amazing. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 

I'm hoping we can get some community play nights going with Mioff and Hokum when MCC releases. Would be hilarious to watch and even more fun to play. 

Agree, they need to put that sanctuary match on YouTube, that sniper kill in the beginning and they all walk off screen was hilarious. Same with the lockout match. I haven't laughed like that while watching a stream since Ninja's streaming them 1v1's on reach.   

I'm fine with a week, possibly two; although that's kind of pushing it. Anything after that will be a little absurd. Beyond a month, and you'll be seeing riots.

By then I'll be going back to a game made by Riot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So it appears nobody is talking about this...

The way the game is working right now, you NEED audio hit markers, because the game is giving false visual feedback, just like halo pc does.

Watch the sequence of events starting at 2:03. Guy on the side of the base is "lit" immediately, only after 3 shots does a ding and actual damage occur.

Next is 4 shots, 4 dings perfectly in sync. Next fight again he is causing visual sparks on his opponent BEFORE the first ding occurs.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOUmRLu4oY#t=123

If you don't have a ding you're never going to figure out how much you actually need to be leading because you're going to see all sorts of false damage being displayed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, that was pretty much my initial reaction and I do realize that the dark environment had a lot to do with how brown it was.  I went into a little more detail on my reaction in the WAYWO thread... My main concern is if there pieces we can use for contrast?  The Coliseum Walls have a darker color on them, but we didn't see any of the other wall pieces.  And rocks can only do so much.

I am glad to see them finally get rid of the stripes, vents, and other nonsense on the blocks and I hope that leads to seamless merging and no Z-Fighting.  But even if that's the case, we'll still be in trouble if we can't differentiate the walls from the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok if you can show me a source I will be more then happy to change my mind.

I can't find a legit source right now on mobile (but I remember reading a very detailed post about it a few years back) but there are loads of threads like this:

http://halo.bungie.net/forums/topics.aspx?forumID=105242

Additionally, you can ask one of the many hundreds of montage kids, me included, that spent money/used trials to get 1 months because social is so obviously using a hidden skill system. Did you ever play social slayer? If you won a bunch of games you would consistently match 50s or similar. Considering social was the bastion of the casual player, then of course bungie utilised true skill to make sure noobs weren't getting slapped around by skilled players.

Why is he unclothed? 

Cause it's legion and he's that cool duh...

lol seriously though he's gandhi's teammate that should explain a lot right there lol 

Maybe I can understand why they're doing this because of my situation.

Before HCS was announced, before they said they'll be using H2A up to H5, and before they announced many more tournaments/money/and general backing of Halo eSports...I had full intention of completely dodging H2A. I figured ok we got some cool maps revamped graphically, and a tournament every now and then for now...cool cool maybe ill check em out but i'll be spamming classic for ranks mostly.

Now that Halo eSports is a thing again, and they're using H2A to bring in the new crowd and lead into H5, I wanna spam the hell outta H2A maps! Along with being able to test how the ranks work for a few weeks, it'll give people (like I was before HCS) a chance to check out the new maps and get accustomed to seeing them/playing on them. Seems like a smart decision in terms of growing Halo eSports since thats where the focus will have to be if we wanna see that pan out at all. We should be happy they're trying so hard to make that happen, while also giving the die hard veteran Halo fans what they want asap on top of it. People will be able to experience new Halo, future Halo, Halo eSports, all while having old school Halo to play till the end of the Xbox Ones lifecycle. 

tl;dr ofvm79.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

so the other blank canvas is the impact skybox but with basically the same palette... sigh

on that note, the palette looks like shit. we've gone from dark grays and blues to light grays and blacks to JUST BROWN. remove the noise by all means, but that doesn't mean stripping out all the life from the pieces, especially since every other category is a mess of clashing aesthetics. very disappointed in the fugly textures, and also in the lack of any of the Forge Island rocks. 

but the sheer number of them and the new pieces will hopefully make up for it. every structure/natural category is in the 100s or 200s so that's a good bonus, and we have 32 lights to mess around it. but i'm definitely not as excited as I was

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, that was pretty much my initial reaction and I do realize that the dark environment had a lot to do with how brown it was. I went into a little more detail on my reaction in the WAYWO thread... My main concern is if there pieces we can use for contrast? The Coliseum Walls have a darker color on them, but we didn't see any of the other wall pieces. And rocks can only do so much.

I am glad to see them finally get rid of the stripes, vents, and other nonsense on the blocks and I hope that leads to seamless merging and no Z-Fighting. But even if that's the case, we'll still be in trouble if we can't differentiate the walls from the ground.

Honestly why would you want much contrast or any features in rock surfaces? Look at ivory tower and sanctuary. Those two alone will teach about textures.

But if you do need a strip of metal here or there (talking very little to rare) you have a lot to try merging with.

In Halo PC you needed the ding to confirm that your shot hit and it was an indication of your ping time in milliseconds. 

Its something coded in Halo PC so im not if they would take it out, they are using PC code after all.

I'm also a minigames guy, just some of my best memories on custom mini games.. action sack type games...

Scripting...it'll completely change the way games are made

• Upvote (+1) 2

So it appears nobody is talking about this...

The way the game is working right now, you NEED audio hit markers, because the game is giving false visual feedback, just like halo pc does.

Watch the sequence of events starting at 2:03. Guy on the side of the base is "lit" immediately, only after 3 shots does a ding and actual damage occur.

Next is 4 shots, 4 dings perfectly in sync. Next fight again he is causing visual sparks on his opponent BEFORE the first ding occurs.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOUmRLu4oY#t=123

If you don't have a ding you're never going to figure out how much you actually need to be leading because you're going to see all sorts of false damage being displayed.

The shield flicker is the visual hit indicator, not the bullet impact. Offhost, the bullet impact is immediate, but the shield flicker and hit beep are delayed based on latency. The shields in the video only flickered after the 3rd shot hit.

Obviously this doesn't help at all on people without shields, though. Maybe blood only hits the floor on confirmed hits?

Watch the clip though. He is causing immediate shield flickers but not all of them are producing dings. Dings = damage. No dings = no damage

Watch the clip though. He is causing immediate shield flickers but not all of them are producing dings. Dings = damage. No dings = no damage

The first two shots don't trigger the shields. The flashes are just the bullet impact sparks, and the shields don't turn on until the ding.