CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I checked my Xbox to see if the patch downloaded, and when I clicked on "manage", it said that Halo MCC was 59.1 GB. So am I good to go then? Cause my Xbox hasn't been powered on since I downloaded JUST THE GAME a few days ago so did the patch download while my Xbox was off? I'm just confused really lol

Help is appreciated!

Hey all,

Understand the frustration, and apologies that these details are coming unacceptably late. The selection to start with a ranked H2A playlists is not at all an effort to "force" H2A, but instead begin the focus with H2A, as we've stated - it's the newest experience in the box, and several Matchmaking playlists are H2A focused (such as Rumble Pit). In the same way that H2A Rumble Pit will eventually become a larger Rumble Pit playlists, our goal is to expand the # of ranked playlists across nearly all lists. Aside from "as soon as possible," we don't have a shareable timeline for this just yet (as part of this will be determined by which updates might need to be made to the system itself within the first few weeks), but I will continue to provide as much detail as possible. Please continue to send over questions and I'll address what I can. Thanks all.

You said in the bulletin "we’ll be rolling out ranking for each playlist post-launch". Does that mean rankings will be added separately? Like will ranks for Halo 2 classic be added one week and then for Halo 3 another week? Or will they be added all together?

@@Bravo

Can the hit detection sounds in CE be toggled on/off? They ruin the skill of the game by giving off a sound for stuff like grenades and from the streams i've been watching it's very annoying on the ears. Using an AR/PR is going to be very annoying now because of the constant beeping when each bullet/projectile hit. It's really not necessary for players of all skill levels to enjoy CE. To get the game closer to "as you remember it" removing or allowing us to toggle it would really make a lot of us happy.

The CE sounds can be turned off.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ya not having ranks at launch is disappointing but understandable I guess.  They just have to make sure to plaster a big notification stating the situation when people first boot up so people who don't follow closely get discouraged that there is no ranks

So many people upset, and I am just over here still hyped as fuck for MCC. I mean we are getting a $50k Halo Tournament this weekend, we HAVE a set in stone Halo LEAGUE, ranks ARE VISIBLE in game, etc.

I don't think anyone isn't hyped for the collection, we just want stuff as we remember it...like we were promised. The collection, the tournaments, the halo championship league all has me pretty fuckin hyped up...i'm itching to play the game..still, I know things could be better and we've had to wait post launch for games to get better way too many times so why not try to get them changed before the game launches? we've done a pretty good job so far of getting stuff fixed, why stop now?

critiquing and complaints =/= lack of appreciation

So I checked my Xbox to see if the patch downloaded, and when I clicked on "manage", it said that Halo MCC was 59.1 GB. So am I good to go then? Cause my Xbox hasn't been powered on since I downloaded JUST THE GAME a few days ago so did the patch download while my Xbox was off? I'm just confused really lol

Help is appreciated!

u got the patch bro!

Help is appreciated!

bump to the new page

no, I cannot start a game with them turned off for every1 in the game. Every1 has to manually turn them off so when I'm playing wagers I won't be able to tell if the guy across the globe is playing with sounds on.

I believe so, it was like that at the Pax Prime tournament.

That's an odd choice. Wouldn't they just trade with someone who melees them twice? Doesn't seem that balanced.

Can someone please explain to me how if the update is out....and my xbox is on auto update... why hasn't it appeared on my xbox? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you know this? i've asked around and heard the same but with no confirmation about menu options. Thanks btw.

"We arent trying to force H2A on you" "We're trying to make H2A the focus"

yea....that part made me 

ibjavP3OHU2RYg_zps4e6e9ba7.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think anyone isn't hyped for the collection, we just want stuff as we remember it...like we were promised. The collection, the tournaments, the halo championship league all has me pretty fuckin hyped up...i'm itching to play the game..still, I know things could be better and we've had to wait post launch for games to get better way too many times so why not try to get them changed before the game launches? we've done a pretty good job so far of getting stuff fixed, why stop now?

critiquing and complaints =/= lack of appreciation

u got the patch bro!

I agree we should definitely be pushing to get stuff fixed that is broken or different than how it should be. I just see so many people project that information in such a terrible way. Bashing devs, individuals, etc. Its like anytime some kind of news comes out there are people who provide legitimate feedback, and then there are people who resort to insults and pointless drama.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone please explain to me how if the update is out....and my xbox is on auto update... why hasn't it appeared on my xbox? lol

The patch has been slow to appear/download for a lot of people. I was told to just hard reset your xbox (hold power for 10 seconds) and see if it has downloaded. It will not appear in the "Queue" like games do when downloading them. You just have to look at the size of the MCC. if it's still 45gigs, you haven't gotten it yet. When it says 59gigs, you got it.

Took me all of last night and until about 10 minutes ago, hard resetting my xbox every couple hours to finally get it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

hard reset your xbox...then turn it on after about 15-20 mins and go to "my games & apps" and you should see TMCC updating on that screen, if not you can check to see if it's 59 gigs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it did download while my xbox was off?

yes it did. Unless its unplugged from power or in power save mode, your xbox is never really off. It's in like a standby mode where it's always connected to the internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn the latest news from Bravo disappointed me a lot :|. I haven't lost hope but I think we've been waiting long enough for a ranking system. The main selling point imo was the ranking system, and 2 be able to experience all of its glory day one. I just don't understand why things need to be overviewed and tested when the ranking system was already tested in Halo 2 (Which is the exact copy 2 MCC), and why core playlists aren't implented? They already have been played millions of times in the past games so they work. They just need to be added which isn't to hard I'm guessing. Meh I guess 343 has there reasons though afterall we are getting 4 games, h5 beta, and compet support for $60 which is better than nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't the Bulletin say that there would be skill based matchmaking in the "nonranked" playlists? So basically it is ranked, just not visible?

H2A being the only "ranked" playlist is not that bad, but if a week or two passes and it is still the only one? Then we will have a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tweeted by Frankie - "Just H2A ranked at launch? Why? a. I get $100 per H2A game sesh played. b. We're making sure it works right before full roll out."

I love how on top of stuff they are these days...and with a touch of humor too:P

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm glad the spawn times seemingly have been addressed, but the hit marker noise has to go. Personally I also think the pistol sounds were over the top, even beatdowns were too crunchy (now I'm nit picking).

I suspect they just ported what they could from Halo PC, makes the most sense as it had the most "up to date" code, and as long as we're backed with M$ Azure I'm sure the experience will be tolerable.

Does anyone know anything in regards to shot spread, lead, and possible any new compensation for this? Does it "feel" like the original XBox Halo , or does it feel like Halo PC with more smooth controller support?

Ultimately I need to play it to get a feeling for it, but already I feel this isn't really what I wanted. It'll still be the best game on XBL though no doubt.

I'd love to see a changelog from that patch! :P Seriously though lets hope they listen and at least permanently remove those god damn grenade hit indication sounds... (I can see people nade spamming in camo room on Chill out all day now) so much for setting up. :-(

So I'm still trying to figure out if changing my console region and profile to New Zealand will give me access to the game AND Matchmaking earlier. Does anyone have the definitive answer to both? Or do we still not know when Matchmaking goes live?

I'd also love knowing if I can do this without changing my profile's region to NZ because I know I'll have to wait a few months to change it back.