CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

343 has by far the worst PR in the industry.

You're so pathetic. I don't care if I get banned for telling you that. All you do is bitch and moan and act like an ungrateful sh1t 24/7. Don't buy the game if you feel so slighted. No one will miss you. 

but you're right 343 has the worst PR in the industry when they respond to fans on twitter and even post on the forums. So terrible isn't it?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 9

343 dropped h2a as the tournament game and will be using halo 4

I heard they're using Halo ODST as the tournament game, 2v2's, apparently you gotta kill all the AI opponents, then the match can start.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are just so many reasons why this just seems fishy. 

They could have told us this before

They hinted at multiple ranked playlists in the past

Fine tune what exactly? This is a ranking system that already existed.

Some clarification would be nice, because this just feels like the wool was pulled over our eyes and this is a H2A push, which I've said in the past I understand. No one should expect them to push Bungie games over their own, but this just seems like an odd decision, especially with no evidence that H2A was going to be the most popular playlist at launch, up until this announcement being that it being the only ranked playlist will make more people play it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're so pathetic. I don't care if I get banned for telling you that. All you do is bitch and moan and act like an ungrateful sh1t 24/7. Don't buy the game if you feel so slighted. No one will miss you. 

but you're right 343 has the worst PR in the industry when they respond to fans on twitter and even post on the forums. So terrible isn't it?

Pretty sure there's a reason why you have -64 rep and he's almost full of green bars of rep. Give it up kid.

I would've imagined that Halo 4 wasn't going to be the piece of trash it was after Reach, and I would've imagined that it wouldn't take till the game was already dead to get a ranking system(especially one not viewable from lobby). If they end up rolling out ranks within the first week to other playlists than I will tell 343 good job and I'm sorry. But these last minute announcements about ranks and no dedis in customs is horse shit. They've had plenty of time to let us know this, especially with the dedicated servers. People have been asking about that since E3.

I don't even think there are many PC shooters that just allow dedicated servers customs without renting servers o.O No dedi's in customs was hugely expected. Really surprised at the amount of people that are surprised at this news.

There are just so many reasons why this just seems fishy. 

They could have told us this before

They hinted at multiple ranked playlists in the past

Fine tune what exactly? This is a ranking system that already existed.

Some clarification would be nice, because this just feels like the wool was pulled over our eyes and this is a H2A push, which I've said in the past I understand. No one should expect them to push Bungie games over their own, but this just seems like an odd decision, especially with no evidence that H2A was going to be the most popular playlist at launch, up until this announcement being that it being the only ranked playlist will make more people play it.

yes the ranking system existed in the past on XBOX. Not Xbox one and certainly not in this new algorithm search system they have. They cannot just literally copy& paste the rank system from halo 2. they had to build it from scratch & this type of thing needs alooooot of testing. More than the original development window would allow clearly.

I doubt 343 would withhold more ranked playlists just for laughs. I would rather it be fully functional working as they slowly roll it out rather than they roll it all out too fast & it breaks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bold statement for a business who hired a pro player who goes to great lengths to get information to us and responds to forums like this one.

Dude, its bravo and ghost...wow.  They could fire both of those guys and hire 2gre, then we might get a good game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still super pumped about the game, but that line there caught me off guard at first. 

When developers say something along the lines of "sometime soon post-launch" (or something to that effect), it generally means "not in the immediate future". I hope we don't have to wait long for the additional ranked playlists. 

THIS 100% I'm so worried we might have to wait months until all playlists or even one playlists has ranking. I hope to god The "rolling out of playlists" is weekly at least or something. I don't want to wait so long to play Halo 2 classic competitively with ranks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bold statement for a business who hired a pro player who goes to great lengths to get information to us and responds to forums like this one.

then why are we always asking for info and to not be kept in the dark about stuff? and when I say "we" i'm not just talking about team beyond...look around the net...there are halo fans all over who feel clueless about the product they are spending a lot of money on..

don't get gassed up because bravo drops by every one in a while to drop a bit of info...that doesn't come close to properly relaying information to your customers. You know how many ppl who were gonna buy the game next week or already pre-ordered it who were expecting to start grinding team hardcore from day 1? hell you prob have team slayer gods out there expecting to be the first lvl 50 radar warriors from day 1. If you don't frequent forums or the waypoint website you will have no clue about the rank system only being offered in one playlist when the game launches.

There are more ppl using social media than forums.

the last time we were told that ranks would launch shortly after launch we had t wait 6 months. Now i'm not saying it will be that long, but we also have no clue how much more "testing" needs to be done before ranks are spread across all playlists.

Calling this right now - There will be ranks across multiple playlists ... after the Halo 5 beta is finished. Whether intentional or not, this will get more people to test out H2A and it will generate hype for the game a few months after its release.

I don't even think there are many PC shooters that just allow dedicated servers customs without renting servers o.O No dedi's in customs was hugely expected. Really surprised at the amount of people that are surprised at this news.

It's not just the news itself. It's the fact that people have been asking about it for 4 months and they wait till 4 days before release to finally give us the answer.

Pretty sure there's a reason why you have -64 rep and he's almost full of green bars of rep. Give it up kid.

Circle jerking with friends for rep doesn't make you a good poster. I am honest and some people don't like that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Dude, its bravo and ghost...wow. They could fire both of those guys and hire 2gre, then we might get a good game.

I'm just saying a movie industry doesn't hire actors to be their voice to the community. We're pretty fortunate in that regard and people really take that for granted.

They may not be the ones with the most notoriety (although Ghost is one of the very few national champions), but I'm pretty sure that Brav and Ghost have the same mindset as 99% of the other pros, 2gre included

Who here has gotten what they asked for?  I think all of us are missing something: ranks, playlists, dedicated servers, Xbox versions of H1 and 2 as promised, etc.  BTW, most of these things weren't even asked for by us, they were announced by 343i when none of us were expecting it!  And then they took it all away.

lol Everyone's always going to have something they didn't get. That's life bro. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

yes the ranking system existed in the past on XBOX. Not Xbox one and certainly not in this new algorithm search system they have. They cannot just literally copy& paste the rank system from halo 2. they had to build it from scratch & this type of thing needs alooooot of testing. More than the original development window would allow clearly.

I doubt 343 would withhold more ranked playlists just for laughs. I would rather it be fully functional working as they slowly roll it out rather than they roll it all out too fast & it breaks.

There were expectations for it because Microsoft made a huge deal about their servers when the Xbox One launched and multiple developers including 343i talked up dedicated servers a lot when announcing their games but failed to mention that they wouldn't be available for custom games until near or after their games launched.

lol Everyone's always going to have something they didn't get. That's life bro. 

What logic is that?  Do you buy products expecting advertised features/components to be missing?

Circle jerking with friends for rep doesn't make you a good poster. I am honest and some people don't like that.

I've offered more to this website and it's two predecessors than you could imagine. Cut it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still they had a year to fine tune the ranks. Plus they just told us the weekend before the game. Why?

And if we don't get ranks fast, i bet we will see a decline in population.

I'm sure they'll start rolling them out fast, especially if they see a population dip. We luckily don't have to deal with any new FPS games coming out right after release this year. Also, I highly doubt they're gonna let the population dwindle like that after announcing a eSports league for Halo that will probably be costing them a considerable chunk of money and time lol. (years) This is an investment, and they want to see it work and grow, so yeah, why not get people playing on the tournament sanctioned maps asap. Introducing ranks for that playlist first is a pretty smart business/esports decision. I don't even think they need to work out the kinks in the rank system, altho i'm sure that's a nice bonus to all this. 

Go try to play CoDAW with all that lag after they promised dedicated servers and then try to even get upset about something this small lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"We're excited to announce a ranked matchmaking system identical to halo 2...(months later).... for only one playlist"

Classic. And they wait like what... 4 days till launch to tell us?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not just the news itself. It's the fact that people have been asking about it for 4 months and they wait till 4 days before release to finally give us the answer.

Perhaps they were  trying to find a way to actually make it work and when it couldnt have been sorted out for launch they gave us the answer. I really doubt they just decided for no reason to wait this long. I would not be surprised if over time we get dedi's in customs or at least renting.

There were expectations for it because Microsoft made a huge deal about their servers when the Xbox One launched and multiple developers including 343i talked up dedicated servers a lot when announcing their games but failed to mention that they wouldn't be available for custom games until near or after their games launched.

What logic is that?  Do you buy products expecting advertised features/components to be missing?

They did make a big deal about it and at the same time they never gave specifics. its not 343's fault if everyone assumes custom games AND MM will run on servers when they never stated that. People just need to keep their expectations in check & only get hyped up for the things that are actually confirmed. Its unreasonable to get mad at 343 when they never said customs would have dedi's at launch.

Whats the point of playing shit players? How is that fun at all? Now instead of running matchmaking and trying to play competitive which i find as fun. I have to run customs with friends who are better or equal in terms of skill. 

Social (unranked) playlists are garbage. Half the time you are just curbstomping badkids and their 3 guests.

You guys seem to have not read the bulletin too carefully.

however, they will still have skill matchmaking underneath to ensure balanced matches

You'll be playing with people of similar skill even though the playlist doesn't have a visible rank yet.

then why are we always asking for info and to not be kept in the dark about stuff? and when I say "we" i'm not just talking about team beyond...look around the net...there are halo fans all over who feel clueless about the product they are spending a lot of money on..

Have you followed a AAA game through development before? 

There are a lot of communities that would kill to have a developer that gives out as much pre release info as 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey all,

Understand the frustration, and apologies that these details are coming unacceptably late. The selection to start with a ranked H2A playlists is not at all an effort to "force" H2A, but instead begin the focus with H2A, as we've stated - it's the newest experience in the box, and several Matchmaking playlists are H2A focused (such as Rumble Pit). In the same way that H2A Rumble Pit will eventually become a larger Rumble Pit playlists, our goal is to expand the # of ranked playlists across nearly all lists. Aside from "as soon as possible," we don't have a shareable timeline for this just yet (as part of this will be determined by which updates might need to be made to the system itself within the first few weeks), but I will continue to provide as much detail as possible. Please continue to send over questions and I'll address what I can. Thanks all.

Thanks for responding.  It's more than most developers do.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1