CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hey bro, you keep saying I am an old CE player, yes I am older, and yes I prefer CE, but don't forget that I have played a fuck ton of H2 and 3. Ranks don't mean shit as long as you have a quality match making system. You fellas care more about a bullshit number next to your name than the actual gameplay. That is whats wrong with the community. I am all for ranks, and have nothing against them, but it is hilarious to see you guys crying about them, and then bitch at us for being pissed off because we got a half ass version of CE, and the changes they made fundamentally change the game. 

Whats the point of playing shit players? How is that fun at all? Now instead of running matchmaking and trying to play competitive which i find as fun. I have to run customs with friends who are better or equal in terms of skill. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly hope some really good forge makes get put into H2A's matchmaking to offset the limted number of maps =) A good midship remake as well as other classics would be perfect (°□°

They announce a huge eSports league, make the first ranked playlist revolve around the maps used in said tournaments so that people can see them more, play on them, get used to them and know whats going on when watching said tournaments...and people are upset? Let em promote their game (not the ones Bungie made) for a second and get people attracted to the new league. I really don't see the need for hostility here personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That is a terrible attitude, do you relate that to other things in your life?  Like "hey I was promised a burger and bought it and only got the bun but it could be way worse".

That's not really comparable because you have the control to go back and get your burger.  We don't have to accept that and move on.

You and I can't make a Halo game.

Whats the point of playing shit players? How is that fun at all? Now instead of running matchmaking and trying to play competitive which i find as fun. I have to run customs with friends who are better or equal in terms of skill. 

They are ranking players in all playlist. We will get good games. I am only talking about the visual ranks.. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We're getting in-game visible ranks with H2 Skill curve to rank up...

Don't really want to complain anymore..

• Upvote (+1) 2

They made a big deal out of using the old Halo 2 ranks and now they are only going to use them for one playlist?

Social (unranked) playlists are garbage. Half the time you are just curbstomping badkids and their 3 guests.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 dropped h2a as the tournament game and will be using halo 4

That is actually basically what they will do next year if the Halo 5 rumors are true.

They made a big deal out of using the old Halo 2 ranks and now they are only going to use them for one playlist?

Social (unranked) playlists are garbage. Half the time you are just curbstomping badkids and their 3 guests.

Montage Material.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's 5x better than anyone expected.  The shot registration and overall feel of gunplay in the game is obviously going to be very different, lucky for me I assumed this would be the case from the start.  The snipe retical being normal sized is nice to see, shows that no matter how small the complaint (because nobody was really pushing for that to be fixed, everyone was mostly just like 'wtf? why?')  they are willing to fix it.  The FoV looks good enough to me personally.  This game will be fun, for sure, as long as weapon timers get fixed I don't see why it wouldn't be my favorite game on XBL ever.  Will this game have any competitive merit, or be comparable to current high level H1 LAN?  I have no clue, I just really won't know until I have it in my hands.

I do know one thing though, the audible hit marker needs to be a game setting.  Host should be able to turn that off in their game, where nobody has that ability.  It's OP, if you ever get hit by a nade against someone good you're going to die because of that.  It really lowers the competitive value of the game imo, but hopefully its already a setting that can be toggled in the game.

Thanks for the reply man.

Honestly, it is frustrating. We should have been warned about this a while ago rather than 4 days before launch. I'm very happy I get to play halo again, and get to experience the greatness that is MCC. However, i'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to reliving their childhood experiences of a game such as h2c AT LAUNCH with those same original ranks. The question we should be bothered with now is how long will it take? I'm saying at least three weeks. In the grand scheme of things, as longs as it doesn't take too long, not really a big deal.

Having no full ranks at launch is pretty annoying, but I'm just pumped to play Halo again. Not too big of a deal right now but if it takes long to get the ranks into the various playlists, that will definitely be a problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would've imagined that Halo 4 wasn't going to be the piece of trash it was after Reach, and I would've imagined that it wouldn't take till the game was already dead to get a ranking system(especially one not viewable from lobby). If they end up rolling out ranks within the first week to other playlists than I will tell 343 good job and I'm sorry. But these last minute announcements about ranks and no dedis in customs is horse shit. They've had plenty of time to let us know this, especially with the dedicated servers. People have been asking about that since E3.

343 has by far the worst PR in the industry.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They announce a huge eSports league, make the first ranked playlist revolve around the maps used in said tournaments so that people can see them more, play on them, get used to them and know whats going on when watching said tournaments...and people are upset? Let em promote their game (not the ones Bungie made) for a second and get people attracted to the new league. I really don't see the need for hostility here personally. 

I completely agree. They're giving a test run of the ranking system before deploying it across multiple playlists. I see nothing wrong with that. Even if that is not the case and they just want H2A to be the most popular playlist for a week or two, I see nothing wrong with that either. Some people are too close minded to try out new experiences so if this helps with the population of H2A going forth that is great. As a competitive community we have gotten everything we could possibly ask for and it saddens me that some people can't see past trivial issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are ranking players in all playlist. We will get good games. I am only talking about the visual ranks.. 

Still they had a year to fine tune the ranks. Plus they just told us the weekend before the game. Why?

And if we don't get ranks fast, i bet we will see a decline in population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having no full ranks at launch is pretty annoying, but I'm just pumped to play Halo again. Not too big of a deal right now but if it takes long to get the ranks into the various playlists, that will definitely be a problem.

My thoughts exactly.

It does worry me that they didn't give a date to when they would implement the rest of the ranks. :(

343 has by far the worst PR in the industry.

Bold statement for a business who hired a pro player who goes to great lengths to get information to us and responds to forums like this one.

• Upvote (+1) 7

As a competitive community we have gotten everything we could possibly ask for and it saddens me that some people can't see past trivial issues.

Who here has gotten what they asked for?  I think all of us are missing something: ranks, playlists, dedicated servers, Xbox versions of H1 and 2 as promised, etc.  BTW, most of these things weren't even asked for by us, they were announced by 343i when none of us were expecting it!  And then they took it all away.

Bold statement for a business who hired a pro player who goes to great lengths to get information to us and responds to forums like this one.

What exactly have those pro players done?  They don't seem to have impacted the MCC in any way.  They don't even seem to have contributed to H2A considering it is a slightly modified version of H4 with remade H2 maps, hardly any originality there that would need anybody's input.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My thoughts exactly.

It does worry me that they didn't give a date to when they would implement the rest of the ranks. :(

If it's a few weeks, maybe a month, I won't be too upset. If it's anything longer, then that will be a problem for me. I'll be playing a good amount of customs and matchmaking so again, it's not a massive problem, I just really hope it doesn't take too long to implement the ranks in other playlists. 

• Upvote (+1) 2