CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Or maybe they just want to test their ranking system with the highest populated playlist...

Why? What are they going to change? Whats the difference for ranks in low populated playlist and high populated playlist? 

They are telling us that there are no ranks and they don't have dedicated servers for customs the weekend before the game comes out.

I bought an xbox one and the game for $460 of my money, if this turns out to be another bust i'm going to be heated.

forge begins 1:09:30

Rotation snap as well as movement (grid) snap.

forge demo showed Nebula, an Impact space style skybox canvas. What I saw in Nebula included...

• A decent variety of trees, but it doesn't make sense with outer space.
  • A very large and very flat grass block (the name is grassy but it is rock on this canvas).
  • hills and cliff that are different colors (will we be limited to one or the other to avoid clashing?).
  • the blocks that he showed all look the same texture with no embedded noise. That is really good!
  • the ice dripping rock looks like an entirely different type / color of rock. it isn't a question of whether it will clash, but how badly?
  • the textures of these bridge pieces are the best i have ever seen. They are NOT noisy, and they have no dirt on them that I could see, but they do have rock trim which helps them look nice and form cohesion with the terrain and blocks.
  • the coli wall is very detailed/noisy, more than i would want. But we don't have to use it as flooring any longer, SO I DONT CARE!

Overall Nebula shows promise in the blocks and other pieces for strong cohesion, but the backdrop of space itself may make immersion a highly challenging task for forgers, as the pieces do not look like they belong in outer space. The map will need to make a night seen very plausible to form cohesion with the sky, but the lighting may get in the way.

This is looking very promising in a big move toward cohesion between pieces, but cohesion between pieces and canvas is still lacking. I really think that this canvas would have been better with space related blocks not stone blocks and trees.

Everything I saw in the way of blocks on Nebula would work far better on Awash, simply because of the earth like atmosphere. Especially the palm trees in a tropical environment. I sort of think that this is the case, but I recall more dirt on the bridge pieces on Awash than I see on Nebula.

1:29:40 nice treads on the mongoose tires...

OK I am in... getting my XBOX 1...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or maybe they just want to test their ranking system with the highest populated playlist...

Uhhh....when they rolled out the rank system in halo 4...their newly created rank system it wasn't just one playlist. What about the halo 2 and 3 playlists? Those are going to have a lot of players flocking to them, "test" those as well. Every stream I've seen today ppl are asking to see H2 and H3, not H2A.

Again...why are we just hearing about this a week from launch? Why not the weeks and months ago when they dropped info about the rank system?

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys are this upset about only having 1 ranked playlist? I couldn't imagine how mad you would be if 343 delivered you a half ass version of your favorite game. Yikes. 

Halo 2 without ranks is a half assed version.  Hell, any of these games without ranks is half assed.  I know you aren't used to ranks being a Halo 1 old man, but to a lot of us, ranks meant a lot.  

I had so many crazy competitive memories in ranked Halo 3 that I never had in social.  Calling out like crazy, sweating, hands shaking, all this stuff happened when trying to get that 50.  And as someone who never went to tournaments or anything, online competition was all I had.  Now without ranks there won't be nearly as much competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the mods in here serious that they actually believe this is to test a ranking system? Really? I don't believe people are that naive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I highly doubt that it will be the highest populated playlist. For the first day, or week, maybe. But the playlist that will be played the most is definitely the Team Slayer playlist. It has every single game in it except H4. No way is it not the most played.

Team hardcore is going to suck now. It's going to be reach mlg all over again with poorly matched teams. Smfh.

I know your deal is "don't let 343i get away with mediocrity," but damn, can't you just be like, "ahhhh oh well, it could be way worse" about any of this? The forum rules call for criticism. What you do is just hate.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do not fall for this nonsense about them still tweaking ranks. 343 is deliberately shoving H2A down our throats by having only that games playlist ranked at launch. We were previously told that all playlist would be ranked minus the one social playlist. Now we are going to have to wait a month or more (judging from their track record) to fully e joy the playlists we want to play.

343....u can't fool me bruh, I'm way smarter than that.

We have asked for ranks since reach. We asked for ranks before H4 came out and got a mediocre version of it. They promised that we would have a bunch of ranked playlists and quite frankly why wait till now to tell us it will only be one playlist at launch? They led us along all this time with pictures and info about the ranks as if it everything was going according to plan and then now all of a sudden the system isn't perfect? Yea fucking right...

Fool me once...

The other reasoning is valid, but I honestly agree with this. Just last week we saw screens with several ranked playlists, and I dont see how they can just arbitrarily pick H2A as that playlist, its not like they know with absolute certainty that it will be the most popular playlist, in fact I doubt it. Its got six maps in it, I dont see how they expect people will want to play it over some of the other games on a consistent basis.

Again this is something that falls under the umbrella of "We should have been told about this months ago".

You must be so fun to be around IRL

I'm prob one of the nicest ppl u could meet in real life. I just want greatness, not this half assed shit.

I know your deal is "don't let 343i get away with mediocrity," but damn, can't you just be like, "ahhhh oh well, it could be way worse" about any of this? The forum rules call for criticism. What you do is just hate.

I hate seeing us, halo fans...being let down and given mediocre shit. I have high standards that will never change, it's who I am...sorry I'm not one of those ppl that are content with getting anything.

• Upvote (+1) 5

#1 whiner on the forum

Dude, you are the second biggest troll on here next to link. At least Akademic explains why he is upset, instead of running around negging every post like you. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Meh I would consider this a mild annoyance. Is it ideal? of course not... BUT I don't think its telling of a massive conspiracy to get us to play H2A which honeslty most people would be playing anyway. The other playlists will come and I would imagine it wont take all that long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is a terrible attitude, do you relate that to other things in your life?  Like "hey I was promised a burger and bought it and only got the bun but it could be way worse".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, you are the second biggest troll on here next to link. At least Akademic explains why he is upset, instead of running around negging every post like you. 

Whadd up doe???

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2 without ranks is a half assed version.  Hell, any of these games without ranks is half assed.  I know you aren't used to ranks being a Halo 1 old man, but to a lot of us, ranks meant a lot.  

I had so many crazy competitive memories in ranked Halo 3 that I never had in social.  Calling out like crazy, sweating, hands shaking, all this stuff happened when trying to get that 50.  And as someone who never went to tournaments or anything, online competition was all I had.  Now without ranks there won't be nearly as much competition.

Hey bro, you keep saying I am an old CE player, yes I am older, and yes I prefer CE, but don't forget that I have played a fuck ton of H2 and 3. Ranks don't mean shit as long as you have a quality match making system. You fellas care more about a bullshit number next to your name than the actual gameplay. That is whats wrong with the community. I am all for ranks, and have nothing against them, but it is hilarious to see you guys crying about them, and then bitch at us for being pissed off because we got a half ass version of CE, and the changes they made fundamentally change the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm prob one of the nicest ppl u could meet in real life. I just want greatness, not this half assed shit.

I hate seeing us, halo fans...being let down and given mediocre shit. I have high standards that will never change, it's who I am...sorry I'm not one of those ppl that are content with getting anything.

bingo!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not trolling one bit. I am 100% serious with all my posts. I can't help that there are so many ungrateful whiners on here. Personally, I am fine with only 1 ranked playlist on release. It will give me time to experience all the games of the collection without grinding for ranks on day 1. Some of you people need to relax and take your anger out on something other than a video game company. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that one H2A playlist is going to be ranked at launch but the eSports playlist will not (which is also only H2A) tells me this isn't a deliberate attempt to get players to play H2A. I'm all ears for anyone who can offer me a logical explanation, assuming 343 wants people to play H2A this badly, for them to purposefully rank one H2A playlist but not rank another one. That makes zero sense.

There's some technical issue behind the scenes, or a decision-maker or two in 343 is extremely paranoid about cheaters and mandated this grace period. Either way, lame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, it is.

When you load up your Xbox, just check the size of the game. If it's 59GB or something higher than 45GB, you have the patch.

THAT, dear forumer, is the problem. Ideally we dont have (and shouldnt) settle for nothing but the best, yet (since idk when) the Halo community had either quit or went to that state of " well this could've been way worse  so Im just going to settle for this" and that should not be the attitude at all. We are paying for this product( some of them are even buying Xbones just for MCC), we should expect and get nothing but the best possible product, which in this case is exactly all the Halo games that we truly loved(except H4). 

Sorry if you feel that this was a " personal attacking post ", that is not my intent here, but IM TRULY SICK OF SETTLING for less than good Halo games where I can get the experience I had many years ago, even more so to this " It can be worse" attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Meh I would consider this a mild annoyance. Is it ideal? of course not... BUT I don't think its telling of a massive conspiracy to get us to play H2A which honeslty most people would be playing anyway. The other playlists will come and I would imagine it wont take all that long.

I would've imagined that Halo 4 wasn't going to be the piece of trash it was after Reach, and I would've imagined that it wouldn't take till the game was already dead to get a ranking system(especially one not viewable from lobby). If they end up rolling out ranks within the first week to other playlists than I will tell 343 good job and I'm sorry. But these last minute announcements about ranks and no dedis in customs is horse shit. They've had plenty of time to let us know this, especially with the dedicated servers. People have been asking about that since E3.

• Upvote (+1) 1