CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Does anybody know if dedicated servers work in custom games? Now with #HCS announced it's kind of shitty to play those sweaty games if custom games use P2P.

I think Bonnie Ross just low-key confirmed that custom games are P2P :(

Proof:

damn....

why though? *looks at titanfall*

sigh..

The IGN stream was all custom games, and from the gameplay, the streamer seemed to be the host (judging from the way melee hits looked in H2, and the H3 headshot animation / drops).

Dedis for customs would have been amazing.

The IGN stream was all custom games, and from the gameplay, the streamer seemed to be the host (judging from the way melee hits looked in H2, and the H3 headshot animation / drops).

Dedis for customs would have been amazing.

Well if that's the case at least lobby host is host of the game. I still remember recreating lobbys over and over again in h3 because it kept giving the guy with the worst connection host.

Does anybody know if dedicated servers work in custom games? Now with #HCS announced it's kind of shitty to play those sweaty games if custom games use P2P.

I think Bonnie Ross just low-key confirmed that custom games are P2P :(

Proof:

Shame it took this long for confirmation :/ 

On titanfall I can play with Americans and have very little lag issues, but on MCC it is just terrible purely because it's P2P.

I'm on 90% shit is taking foreverrr

Mine got to 80% in the space of 15 Minutes, and now it's DRASTICALLY slowed down -.- 

Mine got to 80% in the space of 15 Minutes, and now it's DRASTICALLY slowed down -.- 

Mine slowed down at around 80% earlier, but I don't know if that's because I launched the game or not. Hopefully its finished when I get home in an hour.

same here...the download hit 80% and started doing it's best snail pace impression lol

Mine slowed down at around 80% earlier, but I don't know if that's because I launched the game or not. Hopefully its finished when I get home in an hour.

Ah that sucks man, hope it gets done quicker for you!

same here...the download hit 80% and started doing it's best snail pace impression lol

Ah well, its not as if I can play it right away anyway! Gonna be a long tormenting wait till the 11th.. :'(

" Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago" if you never found out what a super bounce was

In other news I'm still waiting for my update.  :walshy:

This is terrible, servers in custom games was one of the best features of the whole collection.

I was pretty sure they confirmed the opposite quite a long time ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the Skyboxes for H2A Forge like, besides the one in the demo? Anyone got a glimpse?

I saw a post on NeoGAF earlier (maybe it was here actually) but apparently one of the skybox maps is Impact from Halo 4, with well... just the skybox.

within 15mins I have went from 90% too 91%...

The % completion for the patch is way off.  I'm downloading it on my buddies box now.  It's downloaded 3 Gigs while at 100% complete.  I suspect at least half the patch is in that last 10%, which of course makes no sense.

" Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago"

People are dumb for thinking this was really going to happen and really need to let it go... they touched the game to make it work with xboxone and they changed fps and resolution. Of course things will brake and will not be the same

Sentences like that are nice in presentations and for creating hype it's perfect from business standpoint but it's not realistic. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I tried doing superbounces on Lockout but they just weren't happening. Not even the small bounce you get if you mess it up. 

60FPS really affects it, but I'm starting to wonder if its because they're using the PC build rather than that.

Can you try more than 1jump? You might just be super rusty at them.

So I just noticed something weird..

Everyones final file size is on 59.1GB! (Browsed around on various forums)

But I just checked and mine is on 57.9GB :(

Whats going on there.. :/

Yeah that sounds like djWHEAT, SC2 guy.

He's a SC2 commentator IIRC. WCG just made him commentate everything, even games he doesn't play or know much of

Not trying to be a smartass here, but "sc2 guy" isn't even half of what Djwheat is.

He was originally a Quake pro, then a Quake caster (which led to him casting WCG and they also had him cast other games like halo) and he then went on to cast several other games. He was also casting for CGS when it was on television in the states, mainly counter-strike. Most people nowadays know him for his sc2 work as he jumped on the sc2 wave that started the current platinum age of eSports, but I'd much rather refer to djWheat as a caster of all games he wants to cast, a great host and an employee of twitch.tv.

So I just noticed something weird..

Everyones final file size is on 59.1GB! (Browsed around on various forums)

But I just checked and mine is on 57.9GB :(

Whats going on there.. :/

Same here, guess we'll have to find out on November 11th whether that matters. Just curious, which MCC version do you own? I purchased the German version which is roughly 1 GB larger than the US version (which I think is due to the English + German campaign voice over being on there). Either way I wouldn't  be too worried, even if you have to download an additional 1.2 GB on release day, it shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to do so.

Same here, guess we'll have to find out on November 11th whether that matters. Just curious, which MCC version do you own? I purchased the German version which is roughly 1 GB larger than the US version (which I think is due to the English + German campaign voice over being on there). Either way I wouldn't  be too worried, even if you have to download an additional 1.2 GB on release day, it shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to do so.

I'm from the UK, and I downloaded the UK version which unlocks at 11/11/14 12:01 GMT :) When I click on game info, it actually shows its taking up 58GB of my Hard Drive, so not sure whats going on there!