CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sucks that I won't be able to attend the Midnight Launch.  :(

Grateful we're getting promotions like this, however. Don't get me wrong...

just go early in the morning. im going to the midnight launch so i can download the update whilst im asleep :)

So this guy Twitch.tv/inzanecat is showing a lot of the available game and taking requests.

So guys... I think I have the answer to the question "will ranks be able to be seen on the players nameplate" Just saw it via a guy streaming...

Not showing off H2A multiplayer as the main attraction would be suicide from a PR standpoint. Yeah most people love that old school Halo but 343 still has to win over new players too, and unfortunately new players like graphics that look  'Next-Gen'. I'm happy that 343 is supporting us; that's a hell of lot better than how Bungie treated us, remember that. That isn't to say that we should be suck-ups and be eternally grateful of what they're doing, but I feel like people are about to start drama because we need something new to bitch about for the next 5-6 days.

If new players like pretty graphics then why is League of Legends the worlds biggest e-sport?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So guys... I think I have the answer to the question "will ranks be able to be seen on the players nameplate" Just saw it via a guy streaming...

We've known this for a few days now :)

Just to reiterate, this guy on Twitch is answering more questions about the game then IGN did. Check him out.

If new players like pretty graphics then why is League of Legends the worlds biggest e-sport?

As a general rule of thumb, you're not allowed to complain about anything free.

It's also very different if you're a game developer with a publisher that gives you money that you have to allocate to resources, and that you then have to "profit" for (also read: reimburse) with via reaching a certain threshold of sales and reviews. Halo is an established franchise, and 343, new developers. They can't just settle with not even meeting the standards set by Bungie in terms of graphics. They always set to raise the bar like competitive gamers set to win more and more.

League of Legends doesn't compare at all here because Riot Games has both developed and published the game. They don't "owe" anything to anyone. Whatever they have right now is working to perfection, and there's no reason to change it.

On a different note though, I would love cosmetics that you can purchase via an Halo e-shop. Whether it's armor permutations, skins, armor patterns, color palettes, individual weapon skins, visor colors, etc. I feel like 343 could pull it off with how seamless updates are on nextgen, and always provide new content on a regular basis.

Not that I'm complaining about what is in the game right now. The nameplates and emblems you have to unlock are awesome. But I feel like there's room to build upon it and create an extra source of income for them and to fund tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

PC gamers don't care about graphics nearly as much as console gamers, despite what the minority of elitest leads to believe. Also LOLs success has a lot to do with getting f2p right at the right point in time, pumping a shit ton of money into eSports, realizing just how badly people want to have skins, giving people skins for watching eSports events and boosting your own viewership numbers. Dumping your game down to the point that even your grandma could play it also helps a lot.

Oh and most of Riot's cash that they used to fund their eSports events before the game got huge comes from a Chinese investment firm, so they do have someone similiar to how MS is to 343, obviously not quite the same relation.

Koreans

If Koreans would decide which eSport is the largest, the west would have played Starcraft Brood War and not Quake/Warcraft3/CS/Halo etc.

Did we know about the nameplates?

If I recall correctly, all the nameplates got shown a while back? Unless they're brand new.

What stream was it? I thought you needed the patch for matchmaking and ranks to be available?

What a complete and utter tool (Quinn). I don't like Gandhi either, but I echo his sentiments here. What if 343 decided to use H4 as their flagship title for this new gaming league and forced everyone to play it and Quinn said the same thing.

#devsupport!

Yea, right. I couldn't give two SHITS about "devsupport" if they're not supporting the most competitive Halo game available. Halo and it's dev support can sell out wembly arenas and become the most popular game on the planet and I wouldn't give two shits if they're using a weaker game. I'd rather Halo be completely dead than to take over e-sports with a sub-par competitive game.

We all already know that H2C is the superior competitive title over H2A. I'm interested in watching the most competitive Halo available for e-sports, not the game with the most dev support and twitch viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

If I recall correctly, all the nameplates got shown a while back? Unless they're brand new.

As far as I know, your rank isn't shown on your nameplate. But from what I saw there are 50 nameplates that have the numbers 1-50 on them.

What stream was it? I thought you needed the patch for matchmaking and ranks to be available?

Number 1 streamer playing Halo MCC go to twitch>games>halo MCC> he's first guy.

As far as I know, your rank isn't shown on your nameplate. But from what I saw there are 50 nameplates that have the numbers 1-50 on them.

Nameplates not equal to ranks. Nameplates are logos and symbols right beside of your gamertag. Different colors, symbols and meanings.

Ranks are visible in MM's lobbies in different playlists (unless is Social) however, in the rest of the game you can only see their best current mark in their service record.

So, I'm just wondering, when I get Halo: MCC will I have all armors unlocked or will I need to beat campaigns and get achievements to unlock armor in MCC?

You'll have to unlock everything again.

There is no matchmaking being streamed. The patch is not available.