CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Regarding the H1 split-screen FOV stuff...

Why not just give each player a full screen? One of the limitations (and reasons for split-screening) of H1 on the OG Xbox was that you could only have 4 individual Xboxes on a System Link network (meaning you'd have to have 4-man splits on all of them to have a 16 player game), something that was fixed for H2 onward (where you could have 16 individual Xboxes on a System Link, w/ each player having their own screen).

So if the FOV is messed up for H1 split screen (it is), why not just have the players go full-screen? I know it would be odd after the years/tradition of splitting (never mind the benefits it gives for 2v2s), but it would fix the FOV problem.

If you don't understand the H1 FOV debate after reading @@Bonesaw's post a few pages back then just stop posting about why you don't get it. It can't be anymore accurately summed up.

It fundamentally changes the game.

Why would anyone want to take old equipment to LANs anyhow? It's an incredible hassle to lug around huge tube TVs, use old and sometimes hard to find equipment (controllers/boxes), and everything that comes with the general atmosphere of LANing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm excited they are supposedly getting that patch up nice and early. That really helps. My roommate is playing CoD AW all day today. He told me I should get it too but I told him I already bought Titanfall and I didn't need to buy it again. Feels good not wanting to play CoD or BF or Destiny or anything like that because of MCC. Not even tempted.

Also, if there are any posters in this thread looking for people to play MCC with, add me. In Reach we formed a pretty solid group of players to play anything with, including customs.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone here done that trade your 360 for an xbone for $100 off?  I  was just wondering what they qualify as a "working" console and what do they check.  I have the console and everything they ask and it turns on and has no RROD but my 360 is one of those that you have to pound the top to open the disk tray.  Was wondering if they would even take it or if they even check this?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone here done that trade your 360 for an xbone for $100 off?  I  was just wondering what they qualify as a "working" console and what do they check.  I have the console and everything they ask and it turns on and has no RROD but my 360 is one of those that you have to pound the top to open the disk tray.  Was wondering if they would even take it or if they even check this?

It just varies place to place.  Some will completely hook it up and boot it.  Some won't.  You won't know until you bring it in.  You can always back out if they don't offer you back the full $100.  For example, when I did mine months ago they didn't even take the 360 controller, boot it up, or ask questions really.  It all depends on the store policy and if the worker enforces it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I accidentally neg repped you but I was going to agree with you that I don't like multiplayer achievements that don't take skill.  However, I think it would be really neat to see an 100g achievement for getting a 50 or something cool like that.  I want MP achievements that take skill.

Achievements should be attainable for all players, a H2 50 is quite hard and the majority of the population of MCC won't reach a 50.

Instead, maybe give players a cosmetic for reaching a 50, for example flaming helmet/recon but something original.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Achievements should be attainable for all players, a H2 50 is quite hard and the majority of the population of MCC won't reach a 50.

Instead, maybe give players a cosmetic for reaching a 50, for example flaming helmet/recon but something original.

I think achievements should be an achievement and not just a gimme.  I believe it should be attainable for all players who work for it, like a 50.  

I remember GRAW having some ridiculous achievement where you literally had to be #1 in the world.  I don't want that kind of achievement but a 50 is certainly quite the achievement, although it is possible.  Maybe it would be cool to make it a 0G achievement so it could be more of something to show off but not contribute to actual gamerscore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think achievements should be an achievement and not just a gimme.  I believe it should be attainable for all players who work for it, like a 50.  

I remember GRAW having some ridiculous achievement where you literally had to be #1 in the world.  I don't want that kind of achievement but a 50 is certainly quite the achievement, although it is possible.  Maybe it would be cool to make it a 0G achievement so it could be more of something to show off but not contribute to actual gamerscore.

@Bold - No matter how much work some people put in, they won't ever be able to reach a 50, they shouldn't be alienated.

Either way, I'm not personally against it because I would definitely like to get at least one 50 in MCC, but I can see a lot of the gamerscore kids/Waypoint community in uproar if that ever happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting. I'll call Best Buy and Gamestop. Will they take any model of 360, though? I have the old Xbox 360 Elite from 2009.

Edit: So I called Best Buy and they didnt know of any promotion and told me to look online for the trade-in value. It said 3$. I then called Gamestop who said they dont know of any promotion but a normal trade in of an Xbox 360 120GB Elite plus 2 controllers is 50$.

I called a MS Store they said I can get up to $100 off and that the model doesnt matter... but surely it does?

The model doesn't matter as long as it powers on, has all cables + controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like this idea, especially since we would be able to pin it to our profiles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just dawned on me that this game is releasing in 8 days. 8 days till the best times I've ever had playing games will make a return. The nostalgia is real. 

And no I'm not talking about Halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wont be getting my Xbone before MCC. Gotta fix my car and just got a new apt a couple weeks ago, so I'm still hurting from that. I might just wait until next year.

I'm a struggling College Student and I have $70 in my pocket and $70 in my bank account by Thursday or Friday crybabyv.png

That's $140 for my slow TeamBeyond members out there. JRAZtb1.png

I gotta come up with 175$ + Tax seeing as I have a good friend that works at Walmart and he has a %10 off discount card, where I'm getting this 175$ before the 11th you ask? dwadecrying.png  I have no clue, time to call the parents up eh...

offering my body for money ANXtgsE.png

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1080p, 60fps. Potential mitigated host advantage. Easy integrated clip capturing. Never having to lift a 60 lb tv again. New competition via XBL. Stat tracking. PC levels if that floats your boat.

I mean come on.

How'd dat bait taste?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's just dawned on me that this game is releasing in 8 days. 8 days till the best times I've ever had playing games will make a return. The nostalgia is real. 

And no I'm not talking about Halo 4. 

Nostalgia intensifies

• Upvote (+1) 3