CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Right when you think 343 learned their lesson in shitty multiplayer achievements, they go on and do it again. I swear, there's a group of 343 employees who know what good achievements are that pitch terrible ones to the top guys and take bets on which one they'll greenlight.

I accidentally neg repped you but I was going to agree with you that I don't like multiplayer achievements that don't take skill.  However, I think it would be really neat to see an 100g achievement for getting a 50 or something cool like that.  I want MP achievements that take skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 HOURS? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? :salt:

Yes, when I criticized multiplayer achievements, I was talking about campaign ones. Glad we're on the same page.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'll probably will just wait until Black Friday. In the long run, really, what's two weeks? It just sucks because I haven't missed a Halo title since I got a 360. 

See I would trade my 360 in, but the amount of money I invested in Rock Band DLC and rhythm games is refraining me from doing that.

Yes, when I criticized multiplayer achievements, I was talking about campaign ones. Glad we're on the same page.

:goldenboy:

No one is yelling and saying MCC is ruined, it's a valid complaint and the community has been loud on the issue since Reach. It's odd that 343 is still doing this and it sucks for people who like to 100% games.

Just wondering, if I had the digital version already in my box and finally snag a hard copy a the game before the launch date, can I just put the game and start playing? As the game is already in the hard drive or do I have to install it again.

edit: Let's pretend that I already DL the patch and such. Just want to know if the physical copy will ask me to install the game or if the digital version will let me play straight away (with the disk).

(sorry for the bad english).

If you already have the digital copy, why on Earth would you need to put the disc in the console ever?

I like Multiplayer Achievements. 

Time for the negs

Considering I just came back from boosting my last Halo Reach / Halo 4 multiplayer achievements... fuck you... in a nice way, promise.  :halo:

I like Multiplayer Achievements. 

Time for the negs

No, they're awful. There are only

FOUR FUCKING THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED ACHIEVEMENT POINTS

to earn in this collection. Barely enough to go around. More speedrunning achievements please!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Ascendants

I do too. "Win 50 CTF matches" and "Get 1,000 kills in Team Slayer" are good multiplayer achievements, but when it's crap like "Get 10 kills with the hammer on Guardian" it's odd and hard crap like that which promotes people to boost for them and ruin matches for those who don't want to participate.

Don't confuse people that criticize crappy multiplayer achievements with hating multiplayer achievements in general. 90% of games handle this decently and Halo has been the odd man out since Reach.

@@ImperiumVII

stop pls, it's like you want me to scream about it. not joining in your all caps fest

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you even know what MCC is? This is the type of shit I expect too read for halo 5.

Insert lemons "we back" gif here.

Ontopic: my xbox one is just sitting there with MCC pre loaded ready too go

AdRBEsy.gif

Honestly, I could not care less about achievements.  They don't affect me in any way, and they never have.  Most achievements these days aren't even hard to achieve they just take a lot of time. I like to see that there is some hard ones such as the speed running ones now.  Bring back some of those vidmasters, they were cool.  I also think multiplayer achievements are cool, eh I don't get the hate.  People boosting for achievements never ruined a match for me in Halo 3 or 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This debate about skill gap in correlation to split screen and full screen regarding team communication is very interesting. At the moment I'm in the middle. Whilst it is undoubtedly "faster" to just check your team mates screen, there is also undoubtedly a skill in verbally communicating with your team mate(s), being able to concentrate on shooting/aiming/moving whilst verbally calling out locations can be tough. It IS a skill. Look at how in a real battlefield in a military/soldier/war like scenario how crucial verbal (and hand signalling) communication is vital between comrades (team mates).

I think at this point in time, WEAPON SPAWN TIMES are much more important than split screen FOV. As for the mechanics on CE split screen feeling "tighter" and the pistol feeling more "solid", is there any actual evidence to back this up? How can split screen make the pistol mechanics suddenly feel more solid? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a logical stand point.

I'm in the same boat. Anyone that knows me at all knows that I've been playing CE since the dinosaurs roamed the earth and still LAN.

I have every intention of split screening the hell out of MCC H1 and REALLY want the same FOV I've been playing with all these years.

But...I'm open to the fact that CE going online with tech that supports more boxes and newer equipment means that the game will change. Most people will play single screen and verbal communication will be HUGE and I'm not convinced that is objectively bad, maybe just different.

Furthermore, if anyone in the CE community cares about growing the scene it's probably going to be single screen.

IDK guys....I feel awkward right now.

But I know for sure that screwing with pickup timers is bad. Fuck that

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wonder, if CE had a Doubles playlist, would it be possible to play "online split screen" where you could always see your teammate's screen even when he wasn't playing with you locally?

Edit: I agree with whoever brought this idea up first.

heh, that would be beyond sick

Does anyone know if you can play the game early in the same manner that you could play Destiny early? Because Bungie turned the Destiny servers online at midnight at the universal date line and not at midnight EST, you could play it up to ~12 hours early if you changed your Xbox's region to China and bought it from that store (it also saved about 10-15 bucks from the exchange). I doubt you can do it with MCC as well but I'm holding off on buying it on the NA store until I know for sure.

Funniest post I've read in weeks.

Lighten up people.

honestly I laughed, but it wasn't as funny as my Twitter post

Does anyone know if you can play the game early in the same manner that you could play Destiny early? Because Bungie turned the Destiny servers online at midnight at the universal date line and not at midnight EST, you could play it up to ~12 hours early if you changed your Xbox's region to China and bought it from that store (it also saved about 10-15 bucks from the exchange). I doubt you can do it with MCC as well but I'm holding off on buying it on the NA store until I know for sure.

MCC opens at 12:00 EST 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not worried about achievements. By the time I get half of them done anyway, Halo 5 will be out.

Sell consoles if you have to, but never ever sell games you like. You will miss that shit like a mother.

I'm gonna trade in my 360, sell some games maybe but I doubt the ones I dislike will have resale value. But you best believe I'm keeping the bulk of my collection for someday when 360s are dirt cheap.

I'm not that hyped for MCC and will wait a few weeks to see if it's worth spending 400€ to play Halo again.

States opinion about his personal situation, no invective, immediately negbombed. Cmon.