CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What if you played great for the entire duration of a match and want to share it?

@@CyReN @@Saucey

yall can make the "Capture My Films/Clips" thread now brehs

Only premium members can get gameplay captured ...............  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

What if you played great for the entire duration of a match and want to share it?

Not ideal but you could save the film and then go in theater and record 5 minutes at a time with Game DVR then piece it together lol

Sure, but we shouldn't have to settle. Not sure if you've posted here before, but we're pretty anti-settling for less haha

I don't post much on this site but I was very active on the MLG forums until they shut down.

But yeah fair enough. Definitely shouldn't have to settle.

It would work as long as you are ok with the clip being 240p.

see below

I'm not posting to give an opinion, but you people complaining about shitty Xbox quality video are completely wrong. 

xboxdvr.com/video.php?uid=2533274849361752&gamertag=Faeyrin&vid=15140cb2-3bc8-4aad-9d29-f796c59a3f0f

Looks at least 720p, if not 1080p. 

Yeah this is what I thought.. not 240p.. It's decent, but not amazing.

Let me get this straight.

Can't save/create clips, but you can save films.
"In Halo 2 Anniversary (Multiplayer) Halo 3,  and Halo 4 – players won’t have the option to create film clips, nor will you be able to upload them to your file shares. Halo: The Master Chief Collection automatically captures full multiplayer games from Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 for viewing and these can be uploaded to your File Share."

Also you can see the entire film, plus you can record 30 seconds or 5 minutes of gameplay and download it in HD in your PC.

It is bad in some aspects... but it's not ridiculously bad imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let me get this straight.

Can't save/create clips, but you can save films.

"In Halo 2 Anniversary (Multiplayer) Halo 3,  and Halo 4 – players won’t have the option to create film clips, nor will you be able to upload them to your file shares. Halo: The Master Chief Collection automatically captures full multiplayer games from Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 for viewing and these can be uploaded to your File Share."

Also you can see the entire film, plus you can record 30 seconds or 5 minutes of gameplay and download it in HD in your PC.

It is bad in some aspects... but it's not ridiculously bad imo.

That's what I thought too. It's definitely not optimal but its also not the end of the world either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't post much on this site but I was very active on the MLG forums until they shut down.

But yeah fair enough. Definitely shouldn't have to settle.

see below

Yeah this is what I thought.. not 240p.. It's decent, but not amazing.

The 240p thing is just to make fun of it not being as good as the usual theater. It's not that bad but it definitely isn't native resolution for anyone that bothers to watch the clip on anything that the xbone supports. Which the usual theater delivered. 

All of my Battlefield 4 clips on xbox one are recorded in crispy 240p I'm sure you guys will manage.

f4e5a83a8ef36afa1afca6b2f518af07.png

crispy 240p

• Upvote (+1) 8

I wanted to use Theater to view my game clips for errors to help me get better : / 

Not sure If I'll be able to do that now. 

God damn theater has been a roller coaster.

H2A has no theater = :(

Weeks later

H2a has theater!!! = :D

H2A has very limited theater = ,!, 

You mean H2A has CE splitscreen edition theater.

That is disappointing but I'm not going to trip that much because my primary use of theater was reviewing my own game film for mistakes and watching others films to learn. I'll just use xbox record that or twitch for clips I guess

Plus I've watched enough H3 vids as it is, I want to see H2C and CE stuff and those games dont have theater anyway

“Note: Theater clips cannot be permanently saved to your File Share. We recommend streaming your games and using the Game DVR features to save your experiences.”

That first line basically confirms a File share, just no clips. So assuming they didnt word it terribly, there is still a file share and all is well for the montage/machinima community, and the DVR is a plus for those without cap cards. 

The only negative news here is that you cant get angles from h1/h2c. which wasnt very likely to happen much anyway in comparison to h2a/h3 angles.

The only negative news here is that you cant get angles from h1/h2c. which wasnt very likely to happen much anyway.

For real. I know some people here just like watching the gameplay nothing else, but the angles that came along with H3s theater mode took my appreciation of montages to a new level

“Note: Theater clips cannot be permanently saved to your File Share. We recommend streaming your games and using the Game DVR features to save your experiences.”

That first line basically confirms a File share, just no clips. So assuming they didnt word it terribly, there is still a file share and all is well for the montage/machinima community, and the DVR is a plus for those without cap cards. 

the fileshare can only be used to upload screenshots, gametypes and maps

78ok5Bz.png

Wait so it is now possible to get film clips accessible on PC without the use of a capture card?? That would be awesome

It has been possible since the xbox one was released. It has a built in DVR thing that you can activate with kinect / manually if you do not have kinect.

I'm not posting to give an opinion, but you people complaining about shitty Xbox quality video are completely wrong. 

xboxdvr.com/video.php?uid=2533274849361752&gamertag=Faeyrin&vid=15140cb2-3bc8-4aad-9d29-f796c59a3f0f

Looks at least 720p, if not 1080p. 

I wish I could rep you twice, once for clarity and then for that clip specifically.

Not owning one, if anyone could be a bit more specific with the quality issues of XB1 I would be greatful. Videos like this make it appear fine, not perfect but acceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes, nobody ever shared clips in halo3. never.

I didn't know we were still playing Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2