CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Player A gets an awesome overkill. Player A tells their xbox to record that. Player A shares that clip via the xbox record that thing to people on his friends list. 

Player B has a capture card. Player B watches the video that was shared to him and records it.

Would this not work? I don't have an Xbox One yet but my understanding of the xbox record system is that this would work. It's obviously a bit more of a hassle than a fileshare would have been, but it still would work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The no saving clips/no campaign theater is disappointing but not that horrible, especially for anyone who has a cap card.

Don't know where else to post these few questions about Xbox One so I guess I'll do it here any hopefully the lovely members of Beyond can help! (before I buy the wrong thing/s)

Do I need some adapter so I can use mixamp/Sennheisers? This one I think; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Xbox-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00I41H7US

Also I always used a wired 360 controller, but as Xbox One doesn't have one (not that I know of?) so is the play and charge kit basically the same thing/next best thing/worth buying?

Is there any need to buy a Scuf? The only reason I had one for 360 was no slow turn, I didn't use the paddles much so don't mind about not having them. So do Xbox One controllers have slow turn at all/will I need the paddles for anything Halo now that we have BJ in all games?

Thanks if anyone takes the time to reply to those =p.

Player A gets an awesome overkill. Player A tells their xbox to record that. Player A shares that clip via the xbox record that thing to people on his friends list. 

while screaming xbox record that Player A could have called out the guy pushing runway and by the time he gives the callout the guy has already grabbed their sniper and got a kill with it.

:walshy:

Also I always used a wired 360 controller, but as Xbox One doesn't have one (not that I know of?) so is the play and charge kit basically the same thing/next best thing/worth buying?

The Xbox One controller can be used as a wired controller, simply connect it with a usb cable and it becomes 100% wired. It was designed this way unlike the controllers for the 360 where if you used a play n charge it wouldn't be fully wired.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Player B has a capture card. Player B watches the video that was shared to him and records it.

Would this not work?

Sure, but we shouldn't have to settle. Not sure if you've posted here before, but we're pretty anti-settling for less haha

Would this not work? I don't have an Xbox One yet but my understanding of the xbox record system is that this would work. It's obviously a bit more of a hassle than a fileshare would have been, but it still would work?

It would work as long as you are ok with the clip being 240p.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this news is accurate it's essentially the same process. It saves multiplayer films, so you load up the film you want, navigate to the clip, and record it with Game DVR instead of making an in-game clip like before. Only difference is clips will be tied to your gamertag itself instead of in-game file share. Kind of sucky but not the end of the world.

If this news is accurate it's essentially the same process. It saves multiplayer films, so you load up the film you want, navigate to the clip, and record it with Game DVR instead of making an in-game clip like before. Only difference is clips will be tied to your gamertag itself instead of in-game file share. Kind of sucky but not the end of the world.

You forgot the, uh, upgrade to 240p for the clip up from whatever is native to your setup

It's so dumb I'm not even mad. Its legitimately funny

• Upvote (+1) 2

What if you played great for the entire duration of a match and want to share it?

@@CyReN @@Saucey

yall can make the "Capture My Films/Clips" thread now brehs

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was a joke.

Got damn.

It's a shame we can't put our own voice clips in posts to denote whether or not something was a joke. :P

Not a jab, just saying.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What if you played great for the entire duration of a match and want to share it?

@@CyReN @@Saucey

Good point. Personally I never really fileshared full matches much so that's something I would have captured anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanted to use Theater to view my game clips for errors to help me get better : / 

Not sure If I'll be able to do that now. 

God damn theater has been a roller coaster.

H2A has no theater = :(

Weeks later

H2a has theater!!! = :D

H2A has very limited theater = ,!, 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@CyReN @@Saucey

I'll put one up right before release night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanted to use Theater to view my game clips for errors to help me get better : / 

Not sure If I'll be able to do that now. 

God damn theater has been a roller coaster.

H2A has no theater = :(

Weeks later

H2a has theater!!! = :D

H2A has very limited theater = ,!, 

you will...just don't play too many games before the match you want to view or play another game (based on past halo titles) or you might lose that film...since you can't save it...

are scuf controllers going to be a thing for this game? what sticks on the scufs do people usually choose?

Nothing like progressing backwards with #nextgen.

Its going to be a fun time if it continues into Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boss Nasti returns for Halo 5

"CAN YOU PROVE THAT"

I knew they were going to cut Theater features because of the Xbox recording feature. I'm telling you, once MS patches in screenshots, there will be no file sharing in Halo 5. Quote me.

As long as we can save full matches, I won't riot.

Edit: re-read the news article on the home page, and answered my own question.

"We have decided not to include a spectator mode in Halo 5 since the Xbox One's incredible native streaming capabilities through Twitch would simply make it redundant."  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 1

just looked at my friend list and saw major nelson playing the master chief collection....instant  :salt:

always the people with no thumbs getting the games early

• Upvote (+1) 1