CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Ok I usually reframe from going on a tear.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE MACHINIMAS AND FUCKING MONTAGES DO. FUCKING JESUS IT IS 2014 ITS NOT THAT DAMN HARD TO INDCUDE THESE THING IN THE GAME.

I'm sorry but 343 this is bullshit. The stupid Game DVR is low quality crap to. What the actual fuck is their problem.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is 2014. Do people really still use in game theater modes to save their film clips lol?!

Get with the times folks. We have built in capture cards now.

I don't think the Xbox One allows you to record a full 15 mins or more (depending on how long the match lasts)....the DVR records 5 mins I think and "Xbox Record That" is about 1:30 or somewhere around there....ppl didn't only upload 10 sec clips to their fileshare...they uploaded full matches...they won't be able to do that anymore...

And do what, homie? Bitch about it for 20 forum pages? Boycott the game? I support your cause. Shitty that you aren't getting Halo: CE exactly as you remember it. I can't say I know what it feels like because I don't share the love for CE that you guys do, I m'blood will boil if Halo 2/3 don't play like I remember. And then the fov situation pisses me off even more. Why couldn't they do that? Pisses me off honestly.

You say, "stop giving them a pass ppl..."

Okay, and what do you suggest we do instead? Serious question. I think it's important to post a solution to a problem if you're going to post something like that.

Get through to 343 by any means necessary? like we've done with other issues in the past. Tweet, post on forums, etc. Do exactly what we did to change previous halo titles. I don't think I have to state the obvious ways we can go about this. All I'm saying is.. stop giving them passes by not caring about changes or saying "meh...it's whatever, just be happy we have halo back", when these games aren't exactly back like we remember them. I use theater A LOT and not just for small clips, this affects me and it has nothing to do with halo 1.

I loved how we came together to fix issues during halo 4....that was fuckin beautiful, but now..because we get blinded by "halo 1-3 on the same disc" we've just been letting issues we would have a problem with a year ago pass by without a proper fight.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait. So Halo 3 theater won't be exactly as you guys remember it? Oh well, just be happy you got something.

:salt:  much? 

And yea personally I am still extremely happy for what we're getting. And so should you. Look at what all 343i is putting into this collection. It's absolutely fucking insane. Is it really that hard to believe that 343i put this feature on the backburner considering what the Xbox One does already? While its not as good as the theater mode, its still something we can work with. 

So I will leave this here cause its still true:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I knew they were going to cut Theater features because of the Xbox recording feature. I'm telling you, once MS patches in screenshots, there will be no file sharing in Halo 5. Quote me.

As long as we can save full matches, I won't riot.

I knew they were going to cut Theater features because of the Xbox recording feature. I'm telling you, once MS patches in screenshots, there will be no file sharing in Halo 5. Quote me.

Do they have any plans on making recorded clips better than whatever archaic resolution the DVR puts them in yet? Seems like we're going in reverse here technology wise.

So from what I understand.  You can watch films on the Master Chief Collection - but if you want to save clips you have to "Xbox Record that"

next gen  :moa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

And do what, homie? Bitch about it for 20 forum pages? Boycott the game? I support your cause. Shitty that you aren't getting Halo: CE exactly as you remember it. I can't say I know what it feels like because I don't share the love for CE that you guys do, I m'blood will boil if Halo 2/3 don't play like I remember. And then the fov situation pisses me off even more. Why couldn't they do that? Pisses me off honestly.

You say, "stop giving them a pass ppl..."

Okay, and what do you suggest we do instead? Serious question. I think it's important to post a solution to a problem if you're going to post something like that.

not say things like "at least we're getting something, it's still better than nothing, 343 don't owe us anything, it doesn't apply to me, look at all the other amazing features we have!!!!, etc."

aka what akademik said, don't give them a pass. Don't cover up negative aspects with positive ones. Save the above comments for new features if anything.

All of my Battlefield 4 clips on xbox one are recorded in crispy 240p I'm sure you guys will manage.

:lol:

:(

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A little OT, but they shouldn't have announced screenshots a few months in advance. Only gives people more time to ridicule the Xbox One for implementing something the PS4 had at launch. Blatant "Damn, why didn't we think of that?" moment by M$.

Yep pretty much what I suspected this is Microsoft attempting to brute force there shitty DVR features in that manual that Moa posted it even tells you too use the dvr feature for clips.  :kappa:

A little OT, but they shouldn't have announced screenshots a few months in advance. Only gives people more time to ridicule the Xbox One for implementing something the PS4 had at launch. Blatant "Damn, why didn't we think of that?" moment by M$.

I don't want to bash MS too much but why would anyone even reach the point of comparing it to the PS4 features? It didn't even pass the 360 up feature wise. Even now they're backtracking to add in all the things from the previous console lol. If it wasn't for Halo and you could only go Xbone or PS4 I'm not sure that there is a reason to go Xbone.

I don't want to bash MS too much but why would anyone even reach the point of comparing it to the PS4 features? It didn't even pass the 360 up feature wise. Even now they're backtracking to add in all the things from the previous console lol. If it wasn't for Halo and you could only go Xbone or PS4 I'm not sure that there is a reason to go Xbone.

Was having the same conversation with a coworker today. It's getting harder and harder to justify my Xbox One purchase over a PS4 and I shouldn't have to.

But Halo tho...

Don't worry gang, 3200 people who haven't played MCC yet have rated it an average of 5 stars, which means the game is going to be really, really amazing.

939143AB-2618-490A-8431-EBC68D54890F_zps

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys know what the Black Ops 2 theater system included? A dolly camera system and playback at up to 600 fps.

Now we can't even send films to each other properly. This is awful for montages and machinimas.

Halo editors have been busting their balls working with subpar tools for the past 10 years. Glad to see we're actually going backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So from what I understand. You can watch films on the Master Chief Collection - but if you want to save clips you have to "Xbox Record that"

next gen :moa:

This is really confusing. So you have a time limit to how long you have to watch it because you can't save it?

I hope there's a petition for 343i to fix the CE FOV and they need one more signature just so I can not sign it.

Dickheads.

Aaaaaaand we have a Forum Killer Jones in the house!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as we can save full matches, I won't riot.

What about custom gametypes and maps then? Or do you mean just no video/photo sharing?

Ok I usually reframe from going on a tear.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE MACHINIMAS AND FUCKING MONTAGES DO. FUCKING JESUS IT IS 2014 ITS NOT THAT DAMN HARD TO INDCUDE THESE THING IN THE GAME.

I'm sorry but 343 this is bullshit. The stupid Game DVR is low quality crap to. What the actual fuck is their problem.

stephen-a-smith-sipping-coffee-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

YES. I mean, I'm happy cause I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I will still have theater all 0 of the games of Halo 4 I play. 

:halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope there's a petition for 343i to fix the CE FOV and they need one more signature just so I can not sign it.

Dickheads.

Rude much? this has no place here young man.