CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So hey, guys. Guysssssss.

This page just went up for MCC and well fuck...

"Film clips cannot be permanently saved or shared in The Master Chief Collection. We recommend you use the Xbox One's amazing Game DVR and video streaming functionality to capture these experiences. Only multiplayer matches are recorded in The Master Chief Collection."

WHAT THE FUCK.

New CoD didn't bring back theatre either saying the same thing, I dont think it even has multiplayer theatre so I guess we can be lucky for at least that. 

New CoD didn't bring back theatre either saying the same thing, I dont think it even has multiplayer theatre so I guess we can be lucky for at least that.

to be fair, 2007 was ahead of its time

to be fair, 2007 was ahead of its time

Yeah, and 2014 isn't backwards compatible 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't really give a shit about campaign but this is bull shit but more then anything this feels like Microsoft is trying too force people into using there DVR feature and Kinect.

I don't really give a shit about campaign but this is bull shit but more then anything this feels like Microsoft is trying too force people into using there DVR feature and Kinect.

I see it at Devs not devoting as much time it since the features are there and they just dont need to work on it. Gives them time to work on other parts of the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sucks about the film clips, and I'm not a montage editor or anything so it really doesnt affect me- but it's gonna be rad as hell to get a sick triple kill/overkill and just say "Xbox, record that," then have it ready to view.

Edit: but that's only if you have Kinect tho... so yeah. We need film clips.

With the limitations on theater recording it could possibly be Microsoft wanting people to use the new social features of the XB1 dashboard and have that be (with the follower system) how they want the content dispersed?

Would just be nice if we could just have a theater mode and then be able to send those clips through the social features on the XB1 dashboard.

Either way Elgato flashback recording is handy but I wish we could fly through the maps.

I see it at Devs not devoting as much time it since the features are there and they just dont need to work on it. Gives them time to work on other parts of the game. 

Its more like a hamfisted way of forcing x1 features into the game even though they lack the functionality and convenience of what actually already existed in this case. Who knows though another couple of years of dashboard updates for the xbone and it might actually be superior to a 360 in that aspect

Ok, 343i. 

This_has_to_stop.gif

Like filesharing was HUGE in Halo! Does this mean there is no fileshare at all for MCC? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sucks about the film clips, and I'm not a montage editor or anything so it really doesnt affect me- but it's gonna be rad as hell to get a sick triple kill/overkill and just say "Xbox, record that," then have it ready to view.

You can double tap the Guide button then hit X

You don't need a Kinect to use the Game DVR. 

With the limitations on theater recording it could possibly be Microsoft wanting people to use the new social features of the XB1 dashboard and have that be (with the follower system) how they want the content dispersed?

Would just be nice if we could just have a theater mode and then be able to send those clips through the social features on the XB1 dashboard.

Either way Elgato flashback recording is handy but I wish we could fly through the maps.

You can still fly through the maps, you just can't make film clips.

Unfortunate, but at this point, with how accessible livestreaming and recording is, I don't see it as a big issue. You can stream from the console and save the recordings later on (granted it's far from optimal, but still). Shame that we're losing features once again. But I don't see it affecting me too much though, as I'll still be able to get the MP recordings I want.

It does suck for longer films that the Xbox One game DVR can't support though. Same with film clips to be fair. Streaming or a capture device will be necessary. Going back and watching an entire game to capture a triple kill will also be a pain. But I guess the Xbox One has a lot of space, so there's that at least.

I just think it's a shame about the File Share not being as prevalent or powerful as it was in H3 or Reach. It was an amazing feature. Being able to download someone else's film in order to watch it from any angle is an amazing feature to learn stuff. By the sound of it, it doesn't look like it's gone as a whole, so that's good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This has no effect on me as i will only be on H2C or CE. But i still think its b.s that they took away the ability to make film clips.

This has no effect on me as i will only be on H2C or CE. But i still think its b.s that they took away the ability to make film clips.

This is 2014. Do people really still use in game theater modes to save their film clips lol?!

Get with the times folks. We have built in capture cards now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

oh look, even theater mode isn't quite like we remember it...

stop giving them a pass ppl..

And do what, homie? Bitch about it for 20 forum pages? Boycott the game? I support your cause. Shitty that you aren't getting Halo: CE exactly as you remember it. I can't say I know what it feels like because I don't share the love for CE that you guys do, I m'blood will boil if Halo 2/3 don't play like I remember. And then the fov situation pisses me off even more. Why couldn't they do that? Pisses me off honestly.

You say, "stop giving them a pass ppl..."

Okay, and what do you suggest we do instead? Serious question. I think it's important to post a solution to a problem if you're going to post something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1