CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know alot of peeps are upset about the FOV, but i feel like it is blown a little out of proportion- I think if Orge 2 and Orge 1 split screen, they will still dominate.

I know it is not the "as we remembered it", but damn it is pretty effin close! At least we got Halo back:) 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Your team is 2 dead on Hang Em High, you've just spawned under blue pistol, your 4th player is alive in middle trench, unseen at the moment. Player 2 spawns in 1 second, player 3 spawns in 4. The enemies are at top blue, and camo, controlling the map.

You have to know to not move off spawn to force a blue pistol spawn, and then THAT player has to make a judgement call, to block his spawn and force a random, or to move off of it and spawn player 3 with him.

Knowing that teammates are spawning is just basic awareness that fullscreen players should have, too.

A better example is placing blind nades based on your partner's screen. The advantage is crystal clear when the alternative is saying "he has no shields behind the 3rd tombstone from the left, all the way in the back."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I absolutely agree that seeing your 1 teammates screen is definitely faster, but isn't there some skill in being able to relay your location and status to your teammate? Don't you think that same logic could be used for H2 and on? Why isn't that such a demand in H1?

If 343 started changing mechanics of Halo 2 with no option to play in the old style people would be roiting in the streets. Why can't Halo 1 get that same level of respect?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@chaosTheory wonderful post. I agree 100% with what you said, but not because I played a ton of Halo CE split-screen. I agree because for two years 2008-2010 I had my first OG Xbox and didn't have a 360. Two of my friends and I would play Halo 2 split-screen for 4+ hours a day. Split-screen is very important to a game, especially Halo CE. I may not have played CE for 13+ years like some people, but if I loaded up Halo 2 and they made an extremely detrimental change like that to the experience of "The original multiplayer" I would riot as much as anyone is rioting now over the FoV. So, I'll stand by what i'm about to say, if you don't care about the FoV change, or think that the reation is unwarranted, think of what would happen if someone took your favorite thing; they changed it to be close, but not the same, THEN while you were asking for a small fix, people started to tell you how horrible you are. I hope everyone begins to understand all the backlash, but post Halo CE it seems the community just gets more and more embarrassing. 

I'll never play CE on split. I probably won't ever play anything on split considering my setup. But I hope you guys get the change you want.

343 hasn't responded yet, though. Usually isn't good. They're certainly aware by this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll never play CE on split. I probably won't ever play anything on split considering my setup. But I hope you guys get the change you want.

343 hasn't responded yet, though. Usually isn't good. They're certainly aware by this point.

Ya, that may be because it was leaked information though. They may be waiting till release or when they allow multiplayer to be shown.

Ya, that may be because it was leaked information though. They may be waiting till release or when they allow multiplayer to be shown.

I'm honestly surprised the post on Waypoint hasn't been edited/locked yet either. 

If anything, expect a response once the game is out.

Ehhhh...

Have you tested this? The weekly update bungie released about this said it would remain in campaign. Im too lazy to test it myself.  http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_Nation:Bungie_Weekly_Update_04-15-05

Yeah, it's been tested pretty thoroughly iirc, not by me though. If I recall you can kind of get a sword fly on occasion but it's very rare. More often than not you will travel forward a tiny bit and then stop. @@Monopoli could tell you more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know alot of peeps are upset about the FOV, but i feel like it is blown a little out of proportion- I think if Orge 2 and Orge 1 split screen, they will still dominate.

I know it is not the "as we remembered it", but damn it is pretty effin close! At least we got Halo back:) 

I hate posts like this. It's passive aggressive nonsense. You're basically just saying "deal with it".

I don't understand how other people can't wrap their heads around this issue. Split screen is important for a shit ton of people because THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY HALO CE. That's how it's been played for over a decade. And not because it was the only option available. It's just significantly better to play that way.

It's people like you that don't care about this kind of shit that gives developers like 343 the idea that they can make these kind of changes. It's frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Think back to your first time playing halo. Was it because you went out and bought an xbox or because you played it at a friends house? I think for most people it was over at some friends house and that initial experience determines alot of what your opinion of halo is. Its suprising to me that devs dont target that at a friends house experience as being their main priority because thats what gets people to buy your game.

• Upvote (+1) 3