CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

People will say it doesn't matter because everyone just plays on their own screen nowadays. If you take this viewpoint then you should still be on board with fixing the FoV. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it shouldn't be change and there's not even an argument you can make as to why it shouldn't be changed.

If it somehow resulted in a negative effect on the rest of the game then sure we can debate about it, but as it stands everyone should agree it should be changed.

Agreed, how can having the superior FOV be a bad thing?

There also understandably seems to be a bunch of console noobs in here that don't realize the 70 degrees FOV that halo gives us is abysmal compared to any PC FPS. Having fullscreen bumped to 90 or even 80 would be nice. HCE fullscreen is 70.

EDIT: This was in reply to l1nk22's post

I'm not going to quote you but I will reply. The problem doesn't relate to single screen, it relates to split screen. Saying "everyone has their own screen it doesn't matter" is a moot point because we all know that a large amount of people are going to be playing at home on their own screen or will go to LANs and use their own screen.

It still doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. What effect does changing it have on the people who play on a single screen? None whatsoever. What effect does it have on the people who want to play split screen? A pretty damn big one.

If it's not a big deal to you then that's fine, but you should still be on board with fixing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: This was in reply to l1nk22's post

I'm not going to quote you but I will reply. The problem doesn't relate to single screen, it relates to split screen. Saying "everyone has their own screen it doesn't matter" is a moot point because we all know that a large amount of people are going to be playing at home on their own screen or will go to LANs and use their own screen.

It still doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed. What effect does changing it have on the people who play on a single screen? None whatsoever. What effect does it have on the people who want to play split screen? A pretty damn big one.

You're absolutely right. The only difference it makes is to the people who split screen. I don't want to be rude but I think you're confusing multiple peoples posts. I never said "everyone has their own screens..."

What I was arguing about was basically the only arguments I saw on TeamBeyond. To me, I only really saw 2 arguments. 

1.) We can't afford 2 xbox ones and 2 MCC so this is bullshit.

2.) This is the way we've been doing it all along (in reference to split-screen because of the limitations) so we don't like change. 

Sorry if I offended anyone but that's pretty much what I've taken out of all this.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Classic Warlord in H2A. Every remastered map has their classic setting (Like no dynamic element, no new jumps or holes, old weapon settings, etc)

Warlock in H2 had no OS. Just Camo top mid. You're probably thinking of Wizard though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh I never said you did, it just seems to be the only thing people who are unsure why people are upset about it are relating to.

In regards to the second point you made, I think the issue there is that when the game was announced they talked about it being "exactly as you remember it." Now it's true that those statements need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't think anyone expected something so simple to be overlooked or more annoyingly consciously made to be different.

The guys who still LAN CE on a regular basis will still obviously destroy regardless of the change, but at the moment it seems kind of trivial to not alter the Split Screen FoV back to what it was originally. That's where I stand on the whole issue. Put it back to normal and everyone's happy (with that issue at least). It's not something a lot of people are going to notice, but to those who will it means a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh I never said you did, it just seems to be the only thing people who are unsure why people are upset about it are relating to.

In regards to the second point you made, I think the issue there is that when the game was announced they talked about it being "exactly as you remember it." Now it's true that those statements need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't think anyone expected something so simple to be overlooked or more annoyingly consciously made to be different.

The guys who still LAN CE on a regular basis will still obviously destroy regardless of the change, but at the moment it seems kind of trivial to not alter the Split Screen FoV back to what it was originally. That's where I stand on the whole issue. Put it back to normal and everyone's happy (with that issue at least). It's not something a lot of people are going to notice, but to those who will it means a lot.

I agree whole heartily that "exactly as you remember it" might have been the wrong words to say. But from a programmers PoV, perhaps problems had arisen that they were not expecting and the original PoV was not possible for one reason or another. (Again no one is really sure since it has not been confirmed or denied from the devs.)  

My stand is that many of the H1 people are clearly not open to the change because of said 1 and 2 reasons. (Again, based on the comments in this topic) and not because someone said "exactly as you remember it." 

My stand is that many of the H1 people are clearly not open to the change because of said 1 and 2 reasons. (Again, based on the comments in this topic) and not because someone said "exactly as you remember it." 

I think the point there is why the change? As you said perhaps problems prevented them from the original FoV in split screen and we don't know. If this was a new game I would potentially be there with you (even though to me a majority of changes over the course of Halo have been a step in the wrong direction) but to me I'm empathising with the CE people for the reason of it was not something that needed to be changed.

This obviously won't affect their skill, and if they do decide to play MCC CE they'll be unbeatable. I'm still going to stand on the side of fixing the FoV for the simple fact that I see no reason why it should be different in MCC to Xbox CE. If it was a conscious decision made I'd like to hear the reasoning, the only other option is that it was an oversight in which case patching it would be the way to go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agreed, how can having the superior FOV be a bad thing?

There also understandably seems to be a bunch of console noobs in here that don't realize the 70 degrees FOV that halo gives us is abysmal compared to any PC FPS. Having fullscreen bumped to 90 or even 80 would be nice. HCE fullscreen is 70.

Yeah I played TF2 at near max FOV for a while and went back to playing Reach and about got sick. People who only play on consoles have no clue how shitty FPS FOV usually is on them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boo fucking hoo. Playing on splitscreen is awful anyway.

Not that you would have anyone to play with :p

Anyone know if there is there anything else being reveal next week? 

People are still complaining about splitscreen in 2014?

Boo fucking hoo. Playing on splitscreen is awful anyway.

i-hate.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone think that companies may be thinking twice on how they release multiplayer on Xbox One?  CoD AW has had leaks since multiplayer was included on disc while MCC won't have any since it's a downloaded multiplayer.

I like too play split screen with my GF. I mean like fuck am I going too buy another xbox one.

I played h4 the other day with her and it was so bad.. Went back too reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's kinda of a big deal and saying it's not is kinda stupid. Lots of people invite there friends over too play, you can't be fucked too go hardcore everytime and say yeah bring your xbox and TV as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In this instance it is entirely justified, it's a remake of the original CE experience not a reimagining.

Restriction of FOV changes the game in a negative way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the references to speed runners is so f*cking awesome, 343 rocks! I love watching them run and watching goatrope is just pure gold.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're right. I totally didn't. And yeah, I started with CE in 2003 and I still try to LAN it as much as I can. My splitscreen FOV in 2014 just really isn't that big of a deal to me.

Yeah so it isn't a big deal... to you.

But do you do things like:

Your team is 2 dead on Hang Em High, you've just spawned under blue pistol, your 4th player is alive in middle trench, unseen at the moment. Player 2 spawns in 1 second, player 3 spawns in 4. The enemies are at top blue, and camo, controlling the map.

You have to know to not move off spawn to force a blue pistol spawn, and then THAT player has to make a judgement call, to block his spawn and force a random, or to move off of it and spawn player 3 with him.

In either case, you need to not move that entire time or you'll risk spawning player 3 down underneath blue pistol with you (a poor position)

All this time 4th player can fight if seen, but he needs to stay centered in the trench or near the snipe structure. If he ventures too far near the window, he'll risk spawning players 2 and 3 at the bottom window/ramp spawns, more poor positions. If he moves too far the other way he'll risk spawning his teammates near bottom red pistol, easily spawn killed from camo.

Do you think that all of that information can be easily and efficiently relayed over a mic? Halo 2 and beyond communication mostly consists of screaming locations of enemies and their level of damage.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I like too play split screen with my GF. I mean like fuck am I going too buy another xbox one.

I played h4 the other day with her and it was so bad.. Went back too reach.

Isn't Reach even worse with the Forge map lag / killfeed taking up screen space?

H3 was the last game that was fun to split IMO.

I don't know much about speed running, but why does every Halo have different record holders?

Probably because each one has their own speciality/put most of their time into one game.

Isn't Reach even worse with the Forge map lag / killfeed taking up screen space?

Well it's playable.

Reach's split screen is much more playable than Halo 4's.