CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

And here I was thinking that an issue such as this where you can now only see 1/4 of the map as before was worthy of it's own thread....

And here I was thinking that an issue such as this where you can now only see 1/4 of the map as before was worthy of it's own thread....

Well, the last 20+ pages have been talking about it already, so it's a bit jarring to suddenly have a thread on it now and split up the discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FIFTY

NEW

FUCKING

ACHIEVEMENTS

FOUR THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED GAMERSCORE

FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY ACHIEVEMENTS

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/the-next-50-achievements

OH MY GOD

Personally not a fan of multiplayer achievements, always felt like they are completely down to coincidence... like you gotta be some sort of scrub to let me kill you while I am airborne in a gungoose 

Man, it's going to feel sooo good when I finally 100% this collection.. until I realize I'm 30 and threw away the last 5 years on a video game.

SO RAD OF 343 TO GIVE THE SPEEDRUNNERS ANOTHER SHOUTOUT!!!!

How is sword launching (among other important speedrunning glitches) going to work in the campaign though? Will it work if you switch to classic I wonder? Hmm.

SO RAD OF 343 TO GIVE THE SPEEDRUNNERS ANOTHER SHOUTOUT!!!!

How is sword launching (among other important speedrunning glitches) going to work in the campaign though? Will it work if you switch to classic I wonder? Hmm.

It was patched in the original so it won't work

So Monopoli's record is essentially unbeatable if you try and do it on post patch H2, let alone MCC.

It was only patched out of multiplayer. The glitch still worked in campaign.

There's an achievement for getting 5 overshields in one game on Warlord in H2A. So apparently Warlord has an OS now. Maybe there are two at Green and Yellow and Camo is still top mid. It's only single layer so I could see that happening

So Monopoli's record is essentially unbeatable if you try and do it on post patch H2, let alone MCC.

I guess I can throw this out there now... due to a combination of changes from the original (Sword flying being patched, in-game timer added, skulls probably working differently from the original, and demand from XBL leaderboards), "Halo 2 MCC" will most likely be its own category on HaloRuns. Just Halo 2, as the other games don't have the same kinds of changes.

So while you'll still have to break out your original unpatched Halo 2 copy if you want to take the Halo 2 record, the 'Halo 2 MCC' record will be there for the taking.

We'll have more details on this soon :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was only patched out of multiplayer. The glitch still worked in campaign.

Not true unfortunately. If you have Halo 2 with the autoupdate #3, sword flying will not work in campaign.

Hmm, wondering if the Rooftop Strat in Outskirts is a chore with all those new building textures.

The underlying physics models will be the same, so that trick's execution should be the same.

The Ark used the water correctly. The water looked deep in the context of the theme. You should expect to fall in to your death.

Water that is obviously shallow (by looking at the map's theme) should not.

@@Goat I think you either over value water as a functional game play element or you under value water as an artistic element. Water has by far more to contribute to the beauty of a map than impact game play. I cannot imagine why being able to see weapons in the water is so valuable to you. Do you think they should spawn there? Being able to see dropped weapons would be nice. But shaping the water's edge to make your theme come alive is critical to immersion.

In other words if I had to choose between shaping water edges and transparency, there is no question which is more useful. The water is very useful in awash because you can shape it fully.