CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I upvoted the thread, and posted in it as well.

My post on Reddit:

As a Halo fan you started the series with H:CE, I would like to add my voice to Hitzel's original post.

I always enjoyed playing H:CE on two-player split screen, because it felt so much better than playing on individual screens.

Now I am still excited to play H:CE over XBL, and $60 for MCC will be the biggest steal in gaming this holiday season.

However, for those longtime hardcore H:CE players who still regularly LAN this game, this apparent FOV change (downgrade) is crippling to that community.

Among the competitive H:CE community, 2v2 split screen is considered the standard way to play at competitive LAN events. If the pictures posted by Hitzel are an accurate representation of H:CE's FOV in MCC, then this version of H:CE will not be well received by longtime H:CE fans. This will be in large part, because it will not look or play "exactly like you remember it."

If any 343i employees are reading this thread (and my post), I would urge you to reconsider H:CE's FOV in MCC, if indeed Hitzel's pictures are accurate.

Hey thanks dude =) and everyone else in those threads.

The conversations have both turned in good directions, Waypoint was full of "not my problem, not a big deal" posts for the first half of a page but now people are being supportive.  Probably won't change much, but I'd like to see more people raising concerns about this around the internets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You Halo CE people need to give it a break. You are not 100% certain the FOV rumors are true yet you are all on the forums crying like little children. How idiotic will you all seem if the rumors are false. Quit acting like spoiled brats as if 343 owes you anything. You are less than 1% of the community and are disrespectful dweebs.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 14

You Halo CE people need to give it a break. You are not 100% certain the FOV rumors are true yet you are all on the forums crying like little children. How idiotic will you all seem if the rumors are false. Quit acting like spoiled brats as if 343 owes you anything. You are less than 1% of the community and are disrespectful dweebs.

Uhhh we have picture proof from someone who has the game so we are 100% certain. The only way your post would even be justified is if they patch the game with that extra 20GB. Also don't be a dick, dick.

1/10 troll attempt. Where's the ambiguity? Where's the heart? Where are the spelling mistakes? You didn't even cite Halo 3 one time. I'll sell you trolling lessons for 1600 MSP.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uhhh we have picture proof from someone who has the game so we are 100% certain. The only way your post would even be justified is if they patch the game with that extra 20GB. Also don't be a dick, dick.

Who is this someone . Strong sources.

Well I don't really know, cT does, but we're not going to say anything because breaking an NDA is a big deal. Plus here's the image right here:

1tjH2Pm.png

4PHxFPa.png

Much better. Make THEM do the talking. It pisses them off more. Worse grammar, more plausible point. You're improving already.

Back to topic, I saw the documentary. Pretty well done, can't wait to see how it all comes together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Much better. Make THEM do the talking. It pisses them off more. Worse grammar, more plausible point. You're improving already.

Back to topic, I saw the documentary. Pretty well done, can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I love how Keith David's voice has gotten better with age. I wish he could narrate my life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thing is, there are a lot of passionate H1 players that are voicing their opinions now.  Once the game is out, there's no way they will even pay attention to small stuff that they overlooked like this that should have been ironed out in the dev process.  All we'll see is songs of praise for 343 for MCC, when nobody really knows any of the technical information on how they are porting these games to the Xbone.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I asked this before but nobody answered, is the dizziness/motion sickness worse on a restricted FOV? Or is that biologically random per-person?

I love how Keith David's voice has gotten better with age. I wish he could narrate my life.

I would love for him to be the multiplayer announcer.

"Triple kill...were it so easy".

"Sword spree...and so you must be silenced"

• Upvote (+1) 7

Dudeeeee that would be awesome if Keith David did the multiplayer announcer stuff!! I'm ready for a change from the current guy.

Would definitely be better than what we have now with H2A.

"Extermination...do not waste my time with talk."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Give me anything other than the current Halo announcer. Keith David, Joe Pesci, Sean Connery who cares? As long as they don't tell me at the beginning of a Slayer match to pick up the controller to play the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Give me anything other than the current Halo announcer. Keith David, Joe Pesci, Sean Connery who cares? As long as they don't tell me at the beginning of a Slayer match to pick up the controller to play the game.

It's the same announcer as ever.

The amount of Halo 4 people on Waypoint like "I don't see how this is a problem"

Hope your game get's fixed.

Is the H2 FOV the same btw, does anyone know?

h2 split is changing. It was 44 deg vertical. Im sure it will improve now that its horizontal