CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

WHERE'S THE DUDE WHO PUTS THE DOWNLOAD LINK

You're not missing anything. The videos are just the pictures

You're not missing anything. The videos are just the pictures

The asses man. How the fuck you don't pay attention to the ass of the Spartans? You need to know if their asses are appropiate for Tbagging...

Me and my red circles of death, will do the job man to point out the exact length and height of their ass. Don't worry little man.  :halo: 

Being a bit serious, is it me... or the black suit under the armor is ticker? I'm liking it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we still talking about H1 FOV? If so I'll just come back later. I understand people are mad but the shit has been talked to death. And it's not even confirmed with the update. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a fucking travesty that we have to wait for leaked content in order to find out specifics about a game that's coming out in 11 days.

Christ.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are we still talking about H1 FOV? If so I'll just come back later. I understand people are mad but the shit has been talked to death. And it's not even confirmed with the update. 

See ya

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's say that classic Halo 2's splitscreen is botched as well; like for instance they went with the vertical split. What would everyone's reaction be? Local tournaments would have a tougher time if they wanted to run original Halo 2 because no one wants to play that travesty. It's more than that though. CE plays best on splitscreen because of the wide field of view, the weapon mechanics feel tighter, and it plays into CE's excellence when it comes to 2v2. I'm not saying I'm not grateful for what we have, like what Imperium said is pretty fantastic, however there's no reason why the field of view was changed in the first place. I really cannot see anyone from 343 coming and justifying a lower field of view and have them give us a legitimate and logical reason. It simply will not happen.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Let's say that classic Halo 2's splitscreen is botched as well; like for instance they went with the vertical split. What would everyone's reaction be? Local tournaments would have a tougher time if they wanted to run original Halo 2 because no one wants to play that travesty. It's more than that though. CE plays best on splitscreen because of the wide field of view, the weapon mechanics feel tighter, and it plays into CE's excellence when it comes to 2v2. I'm not saying I'm not grateful for what we have, like what Imperium said is pretty fantastic, however there's no reason why the field of view was changed in the first place. I really cannot see anyone from 343 coming and justifying a lower field of view and have them give us a legitimate and logical reason. It simply will not happen.

It's the game that started it all. Not only the fans, but the game itself, needs to be respected.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's the game that started it all. Not only the fans, but the game itself, needs to be respected.

I agree completely. I just don't understand some of these design decisions coupled with the incredible lack of technical information from 343. I would love to get anyone involved with the MCC multiplayer for about 30 minutes and ask them a few questions. All of this could be cleared up in a very short timeframe.  

H1s split screen FoV is to H1 players what H2s fullscreen fov is to them, if you got H2, loaded it up and saw this..  I don't think any of you would just be 'happy you got the game'.

#SURFDOG

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm loving the quality of discussion on Reddit.

"Looks fake for me. It's like they took a screenshot and they cut it in half. Where's the radar though?"

"That top picture can't be split-screen MCC because nobody has MCC yet"

JaydenSmith21.jpg

LFMlGEp8.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm loving the quality of discussion on Reddit.

"Looks fake for me. It's like they took a screenshot and they cut it in half. Where's the radar though?"

"That top picture can't be split-screen MCC because nobody has MCC yet"

Yeah r/halo members can be some of the worst. It's like waypoint but with more pictures.

This thread title should just be changed to MCC Halo:CE FOV Debacle.

I just refer to it as the Reclaimer Saga

Hey guys.  I made this thread on reddit.  And this thread on waypoint.  Be supportive and polite.  kthanx.

I upvoted the thread, and posted in it as well.

My post on Reddit:

As a Halo fan you started the series with H:CE, I would like to add my voice to Hitzel's original post.

I always enjoyed playing H:CE on two-player split screen, because it felt so much better than playing on individual screens.

Now I am still excited to play H:CE over XBL, and $60 for MCC will be the biggest steal in gaming this holiday season.

However, for those longtime hardcore H:CE players who still regularly LAN this game, this apparent FOV change (downgrade) is crippling to that community.

Among the competitive H:CE community, 2v2 split screen is considered the standard way to play at competitive LAN events. If the pictures posted by Hitzel are an accurate representation of H:CE's FOV in MCC, then this version of H:CE will not be well received by longtime H:CE fans. This will be in large part, because it will not look or play "exactly like you remember it."

If any 343i employees are reading this thread (and my post), I would urge you to reconsider H:CE's FOV in MCC, if indeed Hitzel's pictures are accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 3