CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Will it show the other teams rank when you are in the pre game lobby waiting for the match to start?

We don't know.

Are you mad? Not trolling or anything, serious question.

I ask because most of the time you play FFA while streaming. And I think you wanted to rank up in the FFA playlist in TMCC.

Yeah I'm pretty irritated that they'd put something as good sounding as H2A FFA and then just not make it ranked. 

It's just irritating for me to have to rely on people who will play as much as me and do good consistently to race to 50. I don't wanna have to blame others for losses. The second best option was doubles and it's not even there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine someone about to cap a flag and the opposing team triggers a trap door under their feet.

Which has a teleporter underneath which takes you all the way back to the other base right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm pretty irritated that they'd put something as good sounding as H2A FFA and then just not make it ranked. 

It's just irritating for me to have to rely on people who will play as much as me and do good consistently to race to 50. I don't wanna have to blame others for losses. The second best option was doubles and it's not even there.

Me too, I love FFA and was planning on grinding FFA for most of the first day of MCC. But it's disappointing hearing that there wont be ranks for any FFA playlist at release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yooo what is up with these playlists they are kinda trash, i hope that i can select Halo 3 than choose between the old playlists because there is no Objective, Multi-Team, Team Snipes, Team Doubles for real if they are not into MCC i probably just keep playing on my 360 since there is no point of playing Xbone other than playing H2A :/ and those playlists are kinda meh too what I've seen so far in the list

TMCC-UI-Multiplayer-Ranking-Pick-A-Fight

There is objective, team 4v4 for Halo 3 is a mix of slayer and objective.

@tylerhoyt (Diesel) tweeted saying it was confimed that DLC for H2A would not happen via a IGN podcast. Anyone else confirm this? Sad sad news for competitve merit of H2A.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I don't think it should be up to the community to string together niche groups of players that enjoy various settings, however we do have the power to. Jumping in matchmaking is nice and all, but playing team hardcore and w/e that sweet FFA (not rumble pit) settings in H2 weren't nearly as fun to me as playing an FFA all day in my clan or playing organized fours.

I posted in the CE thread and a good number of players did as well. If someone here is a really dedicated FFA player, they should make a thread/GT for FFA players and keep it active and alive. I figure joining random games won't be as accessible as they were in the past with clans.

Also, whats up with that picture of the playlists? Right above "CHOOSE GAME TYPE" and below "FIND GAME" appears to be 3 more slots you can scroll over.. do you guys think that will take you to appearance/settings? Or could those be additional playlists?

@tylerhoyt (Diesel) tweeted saying it was confimed that DLC for H2A would not happen via a IGN podcast. Anyone else confirm this? Sad sad news for competitve merit of H2A.

Meh, DLC or not, Forge looks amazing so I'm not too worried.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God I hope ranks are visible in game lobby. When will we find out I wonder... Shouldn't be long.

Also, whats up with that picture of the playlists? Right above "CHOOSE GAME TYPE" and below "FIND GAME" appears to be 3 more slots you can scroll over.. do you guys think that will take you to appearance/settings? Or could those be additional playlists?

Those could be the rotational playlists?

Also, it might have been mentioned in this thread already (too many posts/pages to keep track of), but Bloma (one of the MCC streamers) mentioned that they will be allowed to stream multiplayer once the day one patch is available for download. Apparently, the streamers with media access were able to play some customs games off stream.

Hopefully once multiplayer streams get going, we will get to see some more footage of H:CE, and get some more questions answered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those are probably just the standard steps of starting a matchmaking search, whatever those may be in MCC. Could be "choose a playlist -> search options? -> searching?" or "choose a playlist -> searching -> vote".

Can somebody explain to me why everyone is so obsessed with seeing the opposing teams ranks in the pregame lobby? If they are using the Halo 2 system, you will be matched against people your skill level. It's not like seeing the other teams ranks will have an outcome on the game. The better team will win, regardless of whether you see a number next to their name before the game starts.

Those could be the rotational playlists?

Also, it might have been mentioned in this thread already (too many posts/pages to keep track of), but Bloma (one of the MCC streamers) mentioned that they will be allowed to stream multiplayer once the day one patch is available for download. Apparently, the streamers with media access were able to play some customs games off stream.

Hopefully once multiplayer streams get going, we will get to see some more footage of H:CE, and get some more questions answered.

This patch can't come soon enough. Seems like we will end up getting most of our information from twitch instead of IGN/343 regarding CE.

How is it whining when they gave us pretty much 0 new info?

They don't HAVE to give us anything. They could just say suck it up and wait for the game to come out. At least your getting some info.

No one is ever satisfied. 343 puts in h2s exact rank system and people still find reasons to complain. Its never good enough lol

Just take a step back and realize what your getting here

This patch can't come soon enough. Seems like we will end up getting most of our information from twitch instead of IGN/343 regarding CE.

If they have restrictions on what they can stream then we still might not get to see what we want.

They don't HAVE to give us anything. They could just say suck it up and wait for the game to come out. At least your getting some info.

No one is ever satisfied. 343 puts in h2s exact rank system and people still find reasons to complain. Its never good enough lol

Just take a step back and realize what your getting here

Uhhh its called advertising...and pretty much any business that wants to be successful has to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uhhh its called advertising...and pretty much any business that wants to be successful has to do it.

So that gives people a legit excuse to gripe and nitpick every little thing?

So just because it shows you your rank while selecting the playlist we think you won't see your opponents? In H2/H3 you actually have to select the playlist in order to see your rank next to your name. From that screenshot it seems like you can browse through playlists while seeing your rank. I don't see how that has anything to do with what you see in the pregame lobby during matchmaking. I'm way more pissed over the only FFA playlist not only being H2A only but also unranked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So that gives people a legit excuse to gripe and nitpick every little thing?

Absolutely not, but it does mean they HAVE to give its consumers something if they want to sell copies of the game. They teased rank info this week and gave no new info. I can understand why some people are upset.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yooo what is up with these playlists they are kinda trash, i hope that i can select Halo 3 than choose between the old playlists because there is no Objective, Multi-Team, Team Snipes, Team Doubles for real if they are not into MCC i probably just keep playing on my 360 since there is no point of playing Xbone other than playing H2A :/ and those playlists are kinda meh too what I've seen so far in the list

TMCC-UI-Multiplayer-Ranking-Pick-A-Fight

If you were going for "award for most neg repped post"... then damn son I think you just achieved it

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 puts in h2s exact rank system and people still find reasons to complain. 

Except its not Halo 2's "exact" rank system if the ranks aren't visible to everyone and visible in lobby.

I agree with you though, they don't have to give us any info at all. I just wish they wouldn't half ass the info they do give us. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So just because it shows you your rank while selecting the playlist we think you won't see your opponents? In H2/H3 you actually have to select the playlist in order to see your rank next to your name. From that screenshot it seems like you can browse through playlists while seeing your rank. I don't see how that has anything to do with what you see in the pregame lobby during matchmaking. I'm way more pissed over the only FFA playlist not only being H2A only but also unranked.

what! link?

what! link?

Screenshot is a couple posts above yours. You can clearly see that social = globe, rank = star with shit under it.