CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I really hope our ranks show up for everyone in the game lobby because in the picture at the bottom of the page the rank for that player in the lobby does not show up next to their gamertag??? I hope someone at 343 answer this !!! NEED TO KNOW! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well, I'm going dark. Don't want to be spoiled by the awesome graphics and features.

DUDE exactly what Im doing. Im not watching the cinematics trailer or any campaign playthroughs so I do not spoil my first reaction to it when I get the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thats all they give us on the ranking system?

They spend days talking about shitty H2A maps that we have seen 100 times but they give us 2 paragraphs for a ranking system?

Why would I expect any different?

It's the exact same as in Halo 2, what do we need to know more?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looks to me that you can only see your own rank and its not on your name in the lobby anymore. Hope I'm wrong, but thats what I see.

#NoOnesFeelingsGetHurt

It's never going to be enough, regardless of detail.

EDIT: As long as the matching actually works, it's all good.

Is it visable to everyone or just us.

Is it on our nameplate in lobby. 

Is it all the same symbols (I think so).

But anything more than 2 paragraphs would be nice when they spent days on useless info. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I still have friends who give me hard time for telling them, "I'm trying to get my 37 ya'll leave me alone."   But that was for H2.  Halo CE with ranking system....  I am going to be a recluse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it visable to everyone or just us.

Is it on our nameplate in lobby. 

Is it all the same symbols (I think so).

But anything more than 2 paragraphs would be nice when they spent days on useless info. 

WILL SOMEONE FROM 343 PLZ ANSWER THIS!! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As long as I can see my OWN rank in Lobby, and know without a doubt that I am getting matched with players of the same/close rank, I am happy. It would be great to be able to see everyone's rank in lobby but its not necessary IMO. I still hope there is a way to see that information without leaving the game though.

Sigh, I really wish they could honestly address if we could see everyone's rank in the lobby and lets say I play cross over Team Hardcore.  I win 10 games of Halo 3 and win 2 games in Halo 4 for example.  Would I have two different ranks in that playlist or is it for all the games an I have one rank?

They basically just copy and pasted info we already know pretty dissapointing I expected more details but I did like that it will be faster finding matches in ranked playlists.

So...  Each playlist has the H2 experience based system to determine your public rank.  An additional system is in place that determines your skill level broken down into playlist and game.  

What happens when you go into Team Slayer and you're really bad at H2 but really good at H4? One game in Team Slayer in H2 you are facing Rank 10s while the next game in H4 you are facing 50s?

Who cares if the ranking system is visible? As long as we get matched up with people the same skill it shouldn't matter. 

Thats the whole point isn't it? Of course I would like to see ranks just for assurance, but if the system works than I am fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So...  Each playlist has the H2 experience based system to determine your public rank.  An additional system is in place that determines your skill level broken down into playlist and game.  

What happens when you go into Team Slayer and you're really bad at H2 but really good at H4? One game in Team Slayer in H2 you are facing Rank 10s while the next game in H4 you are facing 50s?

If it's a cross game playlist then there is only 1 rank for that playlist I believe.

And now I won't know if someone got a campaign score with or without that skull which makes everything super easy mode for real.

Yeah you will. Campaign scores tell you which skulls are used.

The only people who should be upset about it are the SLASO community. It completely ruins the challenge of SLASO when you can just chuck nades forever.

If it's a cross game playlist then there is only 1 rank for that playlist I believe.

Doesn't seem like it

You will have a skill-based ranking per each playlist; we ultimately decided not to have a 'master' ranking across all four games combined, given that player skill and approach varies radically between game chapters.

From my understanding of this statement, you have a different skill level per playlist per game.  Different skill level for H2 TS and a different one for H3 TS.