CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

After careful observation over the course of several months, I have dwtermined that you appreciate the existence of Ron Swanson.

post-32842-ron-swanson-yep-gif-yes-yup-f

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's only a Forge remake. I'd rather we didn't.

Haha true im expecting a better one to be forged and used. Id rather that then use zanz/asc. Im sure some other good forge maps will pop up as well.

[email protected] everyone talking shit about the Beaver Creek remake. The guy couldn't have made it any more obvious it was done pretty quickly and just made to showcase what can be done, not to show it at its best. All the features they announced and you're bitching about a cheap and cheerful demo version of a classic map?

Let's keep the bitching to stuff that casts doubts on H5, so we can focus that negativity for the greater good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You missed the part where I was talking about "local" tournaments, not MLG tournaments.  My wording wasn't off, your reading comprehension was. 

My local tourneys are 99% MLG players.... NJHALO(dot)com bruh.

I dont know where you are from, but in the tri-state we have a large competitive scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Baller new forge options, weapon lowering that doesn't suck (hopefully online), and new multiplayer that doesn't suck ass.

We back boys. Officially.

I'm pretty tired of waiting. All I want to do is betray people for sniper in 1080p 60fps.

dJ2qDsI.gif

Not necessary when it comes up every 30 seconds
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I knew forge would blow me away. That is how I expected forge. I can't wait to see the map people make. holy shit. 

The only bad thing I can say honestly is the item count is something I didn't like but after seeing how huge that map was inside the item count.. I don't even know. 

It's so good. Besides that slightly bland looking terrain, everything about this version of Forge is incredible. The possibilities are endless with this iteration.

They stuck Beaver Creek at the end of a BTB map, just for kicks.  :lxthul: Need I say more? :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :chiefdancing:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I think it's pretty safe to say.

We have WAY more than 6 maps for H2A. You can pretty much make Beaver Creek, Midship very easily with this forge base. Any Halo 3/reach map, and so many more. And It looks way better than any forge maps from the past.

Its a steal getting all this for $60./ OH MY GOD

EDIT:

So did i hear them right? There is THREE sandboxes just like that? or is it just going to be AWASH??

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you go to a local Halo tournament, they either, A)Use default team slayer and maps, and keep 99% of the people who attend happy, or use MLG's settings and custom maps, and keep 1% of the people who attend happy and leave the rest of the people confused and pissed off.

By making the default gametypes and maps good/COMPETITIVE out of the box, everyone is happy, more people become interested in competing, and the national tournaments have more people show up.

I have said it numerous times, games like League and Street fighter are great for competition because they use the vanilla version of the games with little to no changes in settings.

We don't have that with Halo anymore. But at least we have the ability to be creative...sigh.

guess we'll just have to play CE to keep everyone happy. Darn
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Wow Forge looked amazing. As for Beaver, I think they just made a quick rendition to show off for that IGN video. What is really impressive about it though is how aesthetically similar the forge palette can make it to the original. No more grey versions of the pit etc. Someone who is talented with forge could easily improve that beaver creek map to make it geometrically original. My hope is that the other two skybox maps give us different themed natural pieces. Since awash was all canyon and brown pieces, hopefully we could get one that was more urbanized pieces or something. Also, I know we shouldn't just remake old maps but part of me hope there is a covenant theme to remake middy. Would like to have all 5 of the H2C MLG maps in rotation and include 2 completely new original maps. 7 maps would give so much variety and re playability. Overall I know a lot of doubt was with H2A due to limited map pool but I think forge can safely save any concern with that. #WeBack

• Upvote (+1) 4

My local tourneys are 99% MLG players.... NJHALO(dot)com bruh.

I dont know where you are from, but in the tri-state we have a large competitive scene. 

That's odd because I thought MLG died with H3. It's cool you have a bunch of mlg reach and 4 guys though! Hope you enjoy MCC!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, I think it's pretty safe to say.

We have WAY more than 6 maps for H2A. You can pretty much make Beaver Creek, Midship very easily with this forge base. Any Halo 3/reach map, and so many more. And It looks way better than any forge maps from the past.

Its a steal getting all this for $60./ OH MY GOD

EDIT:

So did i hear them right? There is THREE sandboxes just like that? or is it just going to be AWASH??

There are 3 sandboxes, hopefully different themes to each one...

Can we get that lucky?

• Upvote (+1) 1