CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

did they say they wouldn't be dedicated. or just hasnt been brought up yet?

They just said dedicated servers, didn't specify if that would be for Campaign, Spartan Ops, Matchmaking or Customs.

I thought I read somewhere on here that the skulls you get for pre-ordering at Gamestop or Best Buy or wherever will be released later this year to everyone. If you pre-order, then you have access to the skulls a little early.

Yup, they'll be released a month later to everyone. I would suggest everyone go digital for MCC unless you want the case for some reason.

Yup, they'll be released a month later to everyone. I would suggest everyone go digital for MCC unless you want the case for some reason.

Yea I'm go with digital!

Other XB1 titles, like Titanfall, use dedis for everything online. It would be an odd choice for 343 to only use dedis for matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Other XB1 titles, like Titanfall, use dedis for everything online. It would be an odd choice for 343 to only use dedis for matchmaking.

Don't underestimate #LegacyTech

• Upvote (+1) 3

So for next week, we have Zenith, Shrine, ranking, and a surprise (likely halo 5). That's only four days. What's the 5th? Is it Half-Life 3? Is it MCC on PC? Is it a cure for Ebola? Subscribe to halofollower to find out!

• Upvote (+1) 7

So for next week, we have Zenith, Shrine, ranking, and a surprise (likely halo 5). That's only four days. What's the 5th? Is it Half-Life 3? Is it MCC on PC? Is it a cure for Ebola? Subscribe to halofollower to find out!

Last day is the H2A documentary.

Are you sure that is part of IGN First? Seems like something 343 is doing themselves.

I feel like that and then another piece of Halo news would result in one being drowned out by the other. 

I feel like that and then another piece of Halo news would result in one being drowned out by the other. 

I agree, but I haven't seen any indication that the Halo documentary is associated with IGN.

Competitive players want H2C because its more competitive

Casual players want H2A because its new and has better graphics. Also a lot of them probably think that the H2 in the package is the Anniversary version, not the Classic version, as in a lot of players wouldn't consider that there are two versions of the same game. For example my former team mate thought MCC was just a remastered H2-only. And once I explained what the package actually was he went out and bought an xbox one.

Casuals are the majority, and when I say casuals I don't mean noobs, I mean casual Halo players, many casuals play competitive playlists but are casual about it. They tune in to tournaments and might even play in a few, but they don't post on forums and don't really care all that much about what game is better, they just want to play what everyone else is playing. That's what I mean by casual, so if most of them want that, and its only the super-competitive players like us on Beyond that want Classic, then Anniversary is going to have more numbers...then add in the fact that half of this forum wants H2A, and game over.

H2A will be the competitive title.

I think it will as long as everyone comes to a consensus as to what title is going to be supported. We already have ESL supporting H2A, but UGC running H2C, and i wouldn't shoot down the possibilities of CE events, either.

Whatever game out of MCC it is, I hope everyone comes together and supports that one title in tournaments rather than there being a lot of instability caused by an unorganized approach to competitive MCC in terms of what games are played. 

The halo 2 documentary sounds like something that would premiere on the halo channel to me.

We already got an October 31st release date for it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Competitive players want H2C because its more competitive

Casual players want H2A because its new and has better graphics. Also a lot of them probably think that the H2 in the package is the Anniversary version, not the Classic version, as in a lot of players wouldn't consider that there are two versions of the same game. For example my former team mate thought MCC was just a remastered H2-only. And once I explained what the package actually was he went out and bought an xbox one.

Casuals are the majority, and when I say casuals I don't mean noobs, I mean casual Halo players, many casuals play competitive playlists but are casual about it. They tune in to tournaments and might even play in a few, but they don't post on forums and don't really care all that much about what game is better, they just want to play what everyone else is playing. That's what I mean by casual, so if most of them want that, and its only the super-competitive players like us on Beyond that want Classic, then Anniversary is going to add more backing...add in the fact that half of this forum wants H2A, and game over.

H2A will be the competitive title. 

You think these so called "casuals" will be playing H2A(a game based off a 10 year old title) over the new CoD, Destiny, Dragon Age, ect..?

I dont agree that H2A will necessarily be the most popular tournament title, there is ALOT of hype for H2 as well.

You think these so called "casuals" will be playing H2A(a game based off a 10 year old title) over the new CoD, Destiny, Dragon Age, ect..?

I dont agree that H2A will necessarily be the most popular tournament title, there is ALOT of hype for H2 as well.

It's possible. I don't think it's beneficial to shut out casuals just because they may jump ship. They are casuals, that's what they do, play games casually. But casuals are also key to growth as an eSport, and it would be wise to factor them in as much as possible. If casuals enjoy watching H2A more than the rest of what MCC has to offer, that needs to be taken seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoops didnt see that sorry lol.

Here's the new trailer if you missed it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's possible. I don't think it's beneficial to shut out casuals just because they may jump ship. They are casuals, that's what they do, play games casually. But casuals are also key to growth as an eSport, and it would be wise to factor them in as much as possible. If casuals enjoy watching H2A more than the rest of what MCC has to offer, that needs to be taken seriously.

For the first two weeks I could see casuals tuning into the pre-release tournament and buying it for nostalgic reasons, but practically the whole game is ranked which will unfortunately drive alot of them away as well. The MCC MP population will be the Halo core, long-term I think H2 would be better and have more longevity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Casual Halo players. I know a lot of them, and playlists fill up with them. I doubt these guys will move to other games when they have 5 Halo's on one disk, all xbox live-ready with dedis, 60fps and Ranks. I just think most of them will go for H2A > C because its new, and for a lot of them it will be the only 2 they know of due to the marketing for MCC so far. Also the pre-release tournaments will further be fueling the want to play A > C

I mean I am a supporter of H2C - that game was my entire life for 3 of my formative years and is the reason I am typing this post right now instead of doing something productive. But from what I can tell H2A is going to be it.

• Upvote (+1) 1