CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Man with all these pros working on Halo 5 it has to be something. I really hope I can get better in the MCC and in Halo 5. I suck atm but I want to become a good Halo player. So excited for all this stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man with all these pros working on Halo 5 it has to be something. I really hope I can get better in the MCC and in Halo 5. I suck atm but I want to become a good Halo player. So excited for all this stuff. 

Good luck with that bro. When you go from not being good to good the entire game changes, high level Halo is a totally different game.

Thats the beauty of Halo to me, it can be played both ways. 

But are they actually working on Halo 5, or are they just in a QA position?

Same exact feeling for me but I'm just so excited to see more players that truly know Halo being brought in to work on Halo 5. It sucks a bit knowing they probably won't compete again but damn they have an extremely solid amount of talent now working to make Halo 5 an amazing game. 

Personally I think its fantastic news. Its great seeing that 343i is being loyal to some of their most devoted fans and clearly taking a big interest in Esports. (FINALLY!!) I also would like to start seeing some new blood in the competitive Halo community. A lot of these veterans are getting older and I think we still cling to them every time it comes to tournaments. Seeing some new talent rise would overall help the tournament aspect of Halo and keep it fresh. Hopefully with 343i hiring all of these Halo vets we'll get to see just that. 

I wouldn't mind playing that white level in the Halo 4 footage.  Looked interesting.  I never played it since I didn't have the DLC required I guess.  Can anybody name that level and say whether it was any good?

I wouldn't mind playing that white level in the Halo 4 footage.  Looked interesting.  I never played it since I didn't have the DLC required I guess.  Can anybody name that level and say whether it was any good?

That map was Skyline and it was the best map in the game IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just wish Complex wasn't demo'd. That map should have stayed in Spartan Ops.  :kappa:

Otherwise I'm likely gonna mess around in the Halo 4 customization... I like it's Mark V and your ability to make it a "Canonical Mark IV".

#Halo4Redemption

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, but are people really naive enough to think that the likes of Neighbour, Ghost, Strongside and co have any REAL say on 343's decision making process when it comes to their product? Already we're seeing "Halo 5 is going to be out of this world", Halo 5 absolutely can not fail" because these pros have been hired. Get's tiring seeing the same ol' pre-launch hype before every new Halo game only to be met with incredible disappointment on launch day. Year after year, after year.

If Halo 5 doesn't include sprint I will eat my hat. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just being realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sorry, but are people really naive enough to think that the likes of Neighbour, Ghost, Strongside and co have any REAL say on 343's decision making process when it comes to their product? Already we're seeing "Halo 5 is going to be out of this world", Halo 5 absolutely can not fail" because these pros have been hired. Get's tiring seeing the same ol' pre-launch hype before every new Halo game only to be met with incredible disappointment on launch day.

If Halo 5 doesn't include sprint I will eat my hat. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just being realistic.

If you're tired of the pre-launch hype then don't buy into it. Why does other people's excitement for a game get you so upset? 

Compare what Quinn said about Halo 5 at Gamescon to how Kevin Franklin talked about Halo 4 and maybe you'd understand why people are excited. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have to agree with Mceever. Several pros in the past have made downright idiotic statements pertaining to game mechanics. I think they are all good guys with good intentions but I'm not convinced "Halo 5 can't fail with pros involved" because it most certainly can.

Quin Del Hoyo gives me more hope than the pros involved, a lot of what he says strikes a positive chord with me. Fingers crossed (but in the end it's whatever because I'll have CE on XBL)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Compare what Quinn said about Halo 5 at Gamescon to how Kevin Franklin talked about Halo 4 and maybe you'd understand why people are excited.

Play Halo 4 and realize that the same company who made that is making Halo 5 and maybe you'll understand why people are skeptical.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, there was an invitational tournament announced for November 8-9 however, but that's a 343/ESL deal, nothing to do with MLG.

This is just general excitement from all the cool news recently.

oh so we're now cheering over marketing? k.

this hype train just got a few more carts.

• Downvote (-1) 4

If you're tired of the pre-launch hype then don't buy into it. Why does other people excitement for a game get you so upset? 

What did Quinn say about Halo 5? it was probably way after various things he's said about Halo 4 or the thought process behind certain mechanics. I'll always bring up his stance on dropping the flag anytime someone mentions putting faith in his decision making process. He was supportive of the Flagnum decision because he considered that going and cutting off the flag carrier only for him to drop it and get an easy kill on you with a rocket is considered "random" even though thats completely wrong. Then various pro's have come out and said rather dumb things over the years, which I'm sure plenty of people remember the exact quotes.

Pro's are great at playing the game. They usually think they are great at understanding how the game works or should work, but thats sorta a fallacy. They understand how to play the game but if the pro's opinions weighed so heavily on game design we'd be stuck playing onslaught 2 base maps and get the same old settings were constantly stuck with. Pro feedback is great but a mixture of the entire competitive community would at least have more opinions/ideas.

@@Yoseph I need to hear some good things about Quinn so I can block out the whole flag dropping issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What did Quinn say about Halo 5?

He's most likely referring to his description of Arena combat.

Fair starts, 4v4, no loadouts, (no AA's hype), and small maps

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasn't Bravo hired on before Halo 4? And we all saw how that turned out. I am surprised that when they show footage they don't use Neighbor and Bravo to play it though. 

Bravo was hired after Halo 4, his YouTube content ended weeks after the launch, so probably right around November 2012

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you're tired of the pre-launch hype then don't buy into it. Why does other people's excitement for a game get you so upset? 

Why does it upset me? It's like how Americans keep falling for the these same boogey man "terrorists" over and over again, year after year, after year, only to be led into another War where countless lives are lost for the profits of a few greedy fat cats in dark suits. We had boogey man Bin Laden hiding under your bed, then Saddam (previously funded and backed with US tax payers money) and his "weapons of mass destruction", now we have the evil chemical weapons user President Assad, and ISIS/ISIL (funded and backed by CIA), or what ever they decide to call them on tomorrows CNN show.

We have the same thing in the Halo universe. Halo fans being misled time and time again, year after year after year, only for another garbage product in our hands by the time it finally arrives, falling for the hype and giving lots and lots of $$$$$$$ to the game developer where they do the exact same thing and marketing strategy two years down the line for their new product.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Play Halo 4 and realize that the same company who made that is making Halo 5 and maybe you'll understand why people are skeptical.

I'm pretty much both skeptical and excited. Skeptical from what 343i has done in the past, and excited for the direction (I hope) they're taking Halo with arena, equal starts, and hiring Halo vets. 

Sorry, but are people really naive enough to think that the likes of Neighbour, Ghost, Strongside and co have any REAL say on 343's decision making process when it comes to their product? Already we're seeing "Halo 5 is going to be out of this world", Halo 5 absolutely can not fail" because these pros have been hired. Get's tiring seeing the same ol' pre-launch hype before every new Halo game only to be met with incredible disappointment on launch day. Year after year, after year.

Fully agree 100% on this, a hiring or two will not mean the game is going to be this magical wonder land were all going to enjoy and like for years to come.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what about spartan abilities?

Spartan Abilities have this stigma attached to them because of how similar they sound to Armor Abilities.

I can guarantee you won't hear people saying "that Spartan Ability is ridiculous" or "Oh let me use my Spartan Ability", its just a general term to encompass new gameplay features. They are universal player abilities that may or may not heavily affect gameplay. It could be something as minor as Assassinations or Vehicle Boarding, or as major as Sprint or Jetpack's. We just have no idea.

Most people are speculating the new abilities could be any combination of a Slide Mechanic, a Ground Pound melee, and possibly a universal Thruster akin to Halo 4's Thruster Pack.

• Upvote (+1) 4