CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I really hope they fix how the name of the player you're aiming at appears right in front of the guy's head...

This actually is quite alarming to me, its too visible. How can one be sneaky?

I want ball throwing as an option in custom games, but I think Oddball is better without it. On a positive note, the ball in that video looks awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there anyone here who is actually excited to play H2A?

I am an OG, so to me, having the chance to play HCE/H2C again with my friends is a dream come true and pretty much all I could ask for (and is really the only reason I will buy the MCC).

With that said, I honesly dont see myself playing H2A or H4 really at all. I mean sure, I might try out a few matches on it just out of pure curiosity or if no one is online - but thats probably about it.

What do you guys think? Anyone kinda in the same boat?

Put it this way, it would be fun to try a lan with 8 similarly skilled players, but thats not the reality. The reality is that to get to the point where I could log on and have fun, I would have to put some time into getting good at it.

And that's just not going to happen. Not only am I not purchasing an Xbox one(Pcmasterrace), but I would not play a game that has hit markers. I play counter strike and stuff and I really feel that grenade markers are below me as a gamer. I think I can speak for more than 75% of the community when I say that. I think its also apparent that the game would be better with X and Y based button glitches. I would have appreciated some form of X button animation cancelling and the YY fast weapon switch that made Halo 2 such a cool game. 

Even casuals camping top blue on lockout know YY. Its the reason they could camp up there with shotty and get perfectly timed shots. You don't just remove that from the game and act like 'its all good'.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yes. H2A looks like the sequel to H3 we never got. Minor modernizing updates like hit detection, grenade indicators and the newer better radar and plus it has ranks. Nothing too crazy e.g. ordnance, OP sprint, loadouts, armour abilities so yeah I'm very excited. I can see H2A being the most played game in the Master Chief Collection, despite what the purists may say/want/wish for. 

yeah great point. I can get over everything except hit markers, though. That is a bite from call of duty that does not belong in Halo. There are no good FPS games that have hit markers. Just because you make a AAA fps does not mean you have to bite cod.

And the bolded text can no be underestimated. I hope it is. I really hope Halo 2 classic and Halo 3 are dead for 4v4. Getting on to try in a 4v4 game is a unique experience. You cant expect me to get on a ranking system and try against kids in a dead game where I know Im only playing against a few diehard tryhards.

I know CE has its place but I hope h2:A is the main 4v4 game as well.

yeah great point. I can get over everything except hit markers, though. That is a bite from call of duty that does not belong in Halo. There are no good FPS games that have hit markers. Just because you make a AAA fps does not mean you have to bite cod.

Halo PC  :halo:

Bought the digital copy on Tuesday, took about 6 hours total to download. Really glad I bought the digital, I wouldnt be playing until around 3 am if I would have stuck with the physical copy

thanks man. I really wanted to check out the H1 footage. I was pleasantly surprised. It looks pretty good. And the guy behind the sticks had decent skills for once. And by the sounds of it they are still optimizing the netcode. $500 purchase confirmed for me.

Just took 12 hours to download my digital copy. I need new internet. 

I guess having a computer, laptop, two phones, a tablet and a smart TV doesn't help either.

I'm glad the 20 GB patch will be released early for digital, I'd be pretty upset if I had to spend 6+ hours on launch night to download it.

Edit: Ok, now I'm even more upset. Apparently I am paying for 25/25 mbps and receiving roughly half of that. Is that common or should I call up and raise hell?

Just took 12 hours to download my digital copy. I need new internet. 

I guess having a computer, laptop, two phones, a tablet and a smart TV doesn't help either.

I'm glad the 20 GB patch will be released early for digital, I'd be pretty upset if I had to spend 6+ hours on launch night to download it.

Edit: Ok, now I'm even more upset. Apparently I am paying for 25/25 mbps and receiving roughly half of that. Is that common or should I call up and raise hell?

if youre getting half over wifi then its common, if you arent getting 25/25 through ethernet then yes raise hell.

if youre getting half over wifi then its common, if you arent getting 25/25 through ethernet then yes raise hell.

I originally tested it on my computer with wired connection and got 15/15. After your comment I checked it on my fiancees laptop with a wireless connection and got the same result.

I originally tested it on my computer with wired connection and got 15/15. After your comment I checked it on my fiancees laptop with a wireless connection and got the same result.

Interesting. Is the laptop close to the router? 

Still you arent getting 25/25 through wired connection so i would raise hell. They might even up your speed for the inconvenience

Interesting. Is the laptop close to the router? 

Still you arent getting 25/25 through wired connection so i would raise hell. They might even up your speed for the inconvenience

The laptop is downstairs, probably 50-75 feet away. I'll call them and see what is up.

Halo 4 looks smooth as a babies butt. Too bad that the gameplay is trash. If they can patch the game with descope, dropping the flag, take out Join in Progress. I can see myself play the game.

Despite its shotcomings, Halo 4 actually looks pretty good in 1080p/60fps. I probably won't play it a lot, except for the campaign, but it definitely looks great!

Halo 4 looks smooth as a babies butt. Too bad that the gameplay is trash. If they can patch the game with descope, dropping the flag, take out Join in Progress. I can see myself play the game.

No JIP for all games in MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 4