CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

As shitty as this gametype is... this does put some perspective on it.

Did I just see a 180 glitch rocket?

I can't listen to these devs honestly.

I thought I put something at the back of the base that appeared like it could be there.

But overall this stream is dissapointing.  A handful of games, commentary when the screen in on the "press start to begin game" screen.  There are so many questions across Halo 1-4 that people have that they are not even trying to ask for.

What was the low down on the ranking? They kept talking over each other...

Halo 2 style ranks, individually ranked by playlist, with some "minor tweaks."

My personal guess is the "minor tweaks" are to prevent some possible ranking abuse.

The "You sniped" text in H2 classic is clearly still formatted for the sniper medal to appear due to the space at the beginning of the sentence.  I wonder why it isn't showing up.

EDIT: Same for beatdowns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Middle of an important discussion about ranking system and "OHH what were you thinking on that ladder?!" 

/endofdiscussion

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2 style ranks, individually ranked by playlist, with some "minor tweaks."

My personal guess is the "minor tweaks" are to prevent some possible ranking abuse.

Appreciate it!

Josh Menke is god tier in ranking systems. I'm excited to see what he did with it and hopefully with H5!

WOW I'm am really disappointed in this stream. I was hoping for a lot more Halo CE gameplay. It was nice when we actually got one. Whatever I guess. 2 Weeks and 6 more days!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is what is wrong with the Halo community.

People getting mad for not playing BR starts 4v4 Midlock all day? Agreed.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

These twitter requests exactly portray what the competitive community has been dealing with for so long lol!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't stand when shit like this happens on a stream. Watching BAD people play Halo is honestly something that pisses me off to no end.

brb campaign

brb rats nest

brb swords

brb shotguns

Almost everyone on this site is better than the people who actually make these games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im just glad I got to see some of the game in action. I didn't expect to see great gameplay and can't believe some people did. They were taking Twitter requests, so expecting even BR start, no radar, MLG, 1337 Pro gameplay wasn't going to happen, and if it did it would have been just as painful to watch. (if not moreso) 

The UI is awesome and easy to navigate, all the games are there, and working, we have tons of options, etc. That is what I care about. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

The thing is guys, some of us don't mind Swords only game, or one Halo 4 game, or a few games in Halo 2A...

But there was some huge opportunities to show off the oldest game. The game that never had Xbox Live. Showing only 2 games it's kind of dissappointing. But whatever, 20 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We got to see a good amount of Halo 2 Classic, but H2A and Halo 1 needed to be highlighted a LOT more than they were.

I wanted to see Lockdown Oddball, Shrine Ricochet, Warlord CTF with someone who knew how to set up Custom Game options, these whacky gametypes may be a novelty but they are AWFUL for showcasing the games.

In addition, most of Ryan's questions were putting Hoberman on a pedestal for his design in Halo 2. No real info was really brought up about the collection itself, and no good questions were answered, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2