CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I didn't 'hate Reach' but after they partnered with Activision I had some nail biting reservations, as it turns out the results were more awkward than I anticipated. Ugh.

I did not buy Destiny, purely for the way Bungie have acted these past 4 years. And because the game sucks lol

On November 8 and 9, we’ll be teaming up with ESL to bring you the Halo: The Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational. It will feature 32 of the biggest names in eSports duking it out in Halo 2: Anniversary for $50,000 in prizes. Stay tuned to tonight’s Halo Bulletin for more info.

Now that is exactly what I need 2 days before launch. Sounds really really sick. And 50k for a game that's not even out yet is pretty sick.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now that is exactly what I need 2 days before launch. Sounds really really sick. And 50k for a game that's not even out yet is pretty sick.

Gonna get greener than Master Chief up in here.

I did not buy Destiny

I feel like the Xbox version is going to be screwed over in the long run due to that marketing exclusivity deal....

ESL are the best league in comp gaming, if Halo kicks off expect it to get massive, so much better than MLG IMO

I did not buy Destiny, purely for the way Bungie have acted these past 4 years. And because the game sucks lol

Meh if you're into games with bad lolstory in campaign and unbalanced lolMP it's alright. Definitely worth the 500 million.

ESL are the best league in comp gaming, if Halo kicks off expect it to get massive, so much better than MLG IMO

I lol'd. But the best thing coming to Halo since MLG left for sure. I'd still take Dreamhack and any Korean League over ESL any day.

I lol'd. But the best thing coming to Halo since MLG left for sure. I'd still take Dreamhack and any Korean League over ESL any day.

Alright okay "one of the best leagues" would have been more appropriate 

So much halo news today.

Too much if you ask me... I bet they're trying to distract us from how awful this livestream is gonna be.*

*sarcasm

Great read. As a kid who started on H3, I can't wait to try all the fun things people were playing years ago in H2 like you said. I want to get back to fun. 

Figures I have to go to work right after the stream is supposed to start. But tomorrow I don't work so I get to watch Halo 4 oh boy...

At least there'll be a VOD :)

What did you seriously expect? It's Halo 2 Anniversary, not Halo CE Annversary. The game is going to try and approximate Halo 2's mechanics, not change them.

...I seriously expected Halo 2's bullet magnetism, not Halo 4's. While H2's magnetism is bad, it's better than H4's. In Halo 4, strafing was useless unless you were at hugging distance. When I mentioned H1's magnetism I was only wishing for the series to go back to it eventually. Ideally the series should go back to where head-shots actually took precision and skill. In H1 If your reticule deviated to the left or right of the head by even a pixel, the shot would miss.  Body shots had a good amount of magnetism though, which I don't mind since they never translated to head-shots unless you went auto and got a lucky head-shot from the spread.

https://twitter.com/TheRealStr8Sick/status/524965737039814656

https://twitter.com/P_TiZyPe/status/524971327506358272

Be grateful we have tournaments starting up again. There will be tournaments in the future you can attend. No one is entitled to anything. This is the kind of thing that the Halo community does not need right now and it's been one of the flaws of the community for years. Be grateful 343 is putting on tournaments this quickly to begin with and grow up. And that's not just in reference to these tweets. It's to anyone who thinks they "deserve" to be at this tournament. 

I agree and disagree. We should be grateful but if its an invitational tournament then I think it would be a little stupid to deny that the best players deserve to be there. Is it FFA or 4v4? I can see them being skipped over if its a 4v4 but if its FFA they've lost their minds.